• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticatfan
    The Meathead of Muslims!
    • Jul 2002

CFL approves video review on pass interference

The CFL board of governors has approved making pass interference calls subject to video review.

CFL coaches are now allowed to challenge both called and potential defensive pass interference fouls under certain conditions. The CFL is the first football league to expand video review to include pass interference.

And the commish has said the NFL has called and are very interested in this idea and will be watching.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: CFL approves video review on pass interference

This is interesting, good to see the cfl being the guinea pigs.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Interesting its only defensive PI and not offensive as well.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

I'm ok with the refs being given the opportunity to review penalties but I would add the restriction that they must be viewed a live speed. There is a known cognitive bias where actions shown in slow motion are considered more deliberate than they were.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

I'm interested to see this come into play on a hail mary as there is PI all over the place on those plays.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
            I'm interested to see this come into play on a hail mary as there is PI all over the place on those plays.
            It seems the CFL still allows coaches' challenges in the final minutes, where the NFL does not. Interesting.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              I'm ok with the refs being given the opportunity to review penalties but I would add the restriction that they must be viewed a live speed. There is a known cognitive bias where actions shown in slow motion are considered more deliberate than they were.
              I read something about this in reference to the NBA and if a charge/blocking foul should be reviewable. The writer (and I can't recall the source or link) argued that since players over dramatize the foul to begin with, slowing it down will only have a negative impact on the physics of the actual event.

It was a well written piece with gifs both at live speed and in slow-motion to show the difference which was startling.

One comment did make a point to say that he felt like after a few years it would level some like it has in soccer where referees are more prone to notice flopping. As a avid fan I agree that soccer has come a long way in recent years in terms of its refs not buying every flop. That being said they still have a long way to go as well.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ticatfan
                The Meathead of Muslims!
                • Jul 2002

The refs sure noticed the flop chara did after that hab touched his leg with the stick last nite. lol
                Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

Working...
                X