PDA

View Full Version : Bills move to dismiss Jills lawsuit

stuckincincy
05-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Bills file motion to dismiss cheerleader lawsuit
By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer May 14, 2014 8:41 pm ET

..."As part of running a professional football team, the Bills organization retains a number of third party vendors to provide ancillary services on game days. These services include, among others, parking services, concessionaire services and cheerleading services. For decades the Buffalo Jills trademark has been licensed to independent third parties who have assumed the responsibility for the selection, management, training, scheduling and compensation of the cheerleaders."...

Heh - seems like what the movie folks do in the opening banners...Wowwee Productions Company followed by GoofyArts followed by TriStar Studios. Keep yourself at arm's length with shell outfits. :darth:

stuckincincy
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Link added:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24562913/bills-file-motion-to-dismiss-cheerleader-lawsuit

Skooby
05-15-2014, 01:25 PM
You can sue anyone you want, that doesn't mean they have any liabilities.

stuckincincy
05-15-2014, 01:32 PM
You can sue anyone you want, that doesn't mean they have any liabilities.

You can sue lawyers for suing you, too.

EDS
05-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Just about every single complaint filed results in the defendant filing a motion to dismiss, which are only granted in a very small percentage of cases.

Skooby
05-15-2014, 01:51 PM
You can sue lawyers for suing you, too.

Losing party pays winning party attorney fees in all the events I deal with.

stuckincincy
05-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Losing party pays winning party attorney fees in all the events I deal with.

Did I touch a nerve?

Homegrown
05-15-2014, 03:00 PM
The ole' Sgt Schultz defense ... "I know nothing"

DynaPaul
05-15-2014, 08:45 PM
It should be dismissed against the Bills. The core issue is with the contractor since they dealt with the financial matters regarding the cheerleader's compensation. It's like if I hire two prostitutes, give the pimp the money, and then they turn around and sue me because they only got a 5% cut. Take it up with the pimp, not me.

YardRat
05-15-2014, 08:54 PM
It should be dismissed, but it probably won't. The team shouldn't be held liable for anything, the squad's management should. But, the team has money, and I doubt the sponsor does...certainly not anywhere near that of an NFL team.

Skooby
05-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Did I touch a nerve?

The hearing for the recovery happens months later, in my case Mid-July on several fronts & the attorneys get to argue costs against monies out for their expenses. Giving the devil a checkbook just means they'll bleed both sides until satisfied, which means that the winner may not win back everything their owed. Then comes the automatic debate to an arbitrary party to settle it after the losing party files for more parties to look at the case.

Yes sir, the winning of anything in court is a joy to behold. These gals got great advice, to allow the lawyers to bleed all parties of everything that might have been won. The Romans had it right, regardless of history.

Just for the record, I'll win on paper but lose in monies out of pocket. I also have much larger events on the horizon well beyond this but none the less the pimple requires attention.

JoeMama
05-15-2014, 09:52 PM
The Philster is going to cancel his season tickets if the Jills are really this disrespected.

Mace
05-15-2014, 10:24 PM
They farmed the Jills out decades ago when they were old ladies in old lady uniforms. If anyone is liable it's the managing company, not the Bills, and I don't even think the company will be or you'd have a hundred Jills jumping on board.

This is a lawsuit that assumes they write a check to make it go away, like the other lawsuits. At face value the stuff looks terrible and was, but there's not a dimwit businessman worth a modern days crap who can't expect to be sued for drunkenly groping an employee of a biz who thinks they won't be sued either if not coughing up major self exploitation money for the purpose of being a jerk, for jerks.

Name the names, sue the applicable. Won't happen.