• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Boston strong

BOSTON – Aaron Hernandez, the former Patriots tight end, was indicted by a Suffolk County grand jury on two counts of first-degree murder Thursday morning in relation to the alleged ambush an…

Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez indicted in 2012 double-murder in Boston

Hernandez allegedly followed the victims in an SUV outside the club and opened fire on their vehicle at the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street. A third man suffered a gunshot wound to his arm. Two other passengers fled on foot.

...more...
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Boston strong

Honestly I hate the Boston Strong thing, but I find the title of this thread to be off putting.

Hernandez is from Connecticut by the way.
    Last edited by The King; 05-16-2014, 06:50 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

OJ has more work to do to catch up!
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

This has been rumored for months, so not a huge surprise the indictment came down. Reportedly they found the gun that was used when they searched Hernandez home about the Lloyd murder.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

What the **** makes Boston so strong? **** them

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
            I believe the saying came after the bombing last year as a rallying cry for the country to get behind the victims of that bombing. I know...God forbid we support the victims, the sheer audacity of it!
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post

This is exactly the type of response the thread title was calling for.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

The prosecutor's strategy in this case has been a little bizarre, and it would appear neither of Hernandez's friends are willing to roll on him. It's like watching The Prisoner's Dilemma played out live.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'm so conflicted. I have very good friends in Boston including the Bedards. But I hate everything else about Boston. I hate the snooty attitude and the Boston Strong crap. So when I diss Boston please understand it's not my personal friends I'm dissing. It's the whole arrogant attitude.

With that said, BOSTON WRONG.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Aaron spent that bonus spent well.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DANNY BATTEN POWER View Post
                      If he miraculously gets acquitted we'll need his services.
                      He's dead to rights on various gun charges but from what I've seen I would not be surprised if he skates on the murders. The prosecutors must have something they aren't revealing.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Awweeeee... coastal is being insensitive to the victims of a bombing.

troll bait mouth breathers.

as far as Hernandez... The NFL had record ratings for the draft.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                          Awweeeee... coastal is being insensitive to the victims of a bombing.

troll bait mouth breathers.

as far as Hernandez... The NFL had record ratings for the draft.
                          I bet the tea party was a multi-decade crutch.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                            I'm so conflicted. I have very good friends in Boston including the Bedards. But I hate everything else about Boston. I hate the snooty attitude and the Boston Strong crap. So when I diss Boston please understand it's not my personal friends I'm dissing. It's the whole arrogant attitude.

With that said, BOSTON WRONG.

Julie works with several victims of the bombing. One of them lost her leg. I appreciate the rally cry and that the city has bounced back and supported those in need.

But Boston Strong is just a mantra for politicians to yell and the media to rally around. I feel like Boston Strong is the same to Boston as House of Pains Jump Around (This song someone got tied to Boston because the singer is wearing a Larry Bird jersey in the video). Everyone else just looks at us like really?
                            It was all

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              Julie works with several victims of the bombing. One of them lost her leg. I appreciate the rally cry and that the city has bounced back and supported those in need.

But Boston Strong is just a mantra for politicians to yell and the media to rally around. I feel like Boston Strong is the same to Boston as House of Pains Jump Around (This song someone got tied to Boston because the singer is wearing a Larry Bird jersey in the video). Everyone else just looks at us like really?
                              If it makes you feel any better we all looked at you and said really well before the bombing happened.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X