PDA

View Full Version : My new favorite spot for Bills stadium

WagonCircler
05-17-2014, 08:10 PM
To me, this is the best of all worlds. Great access from the Thruway, plenty of space around for parking, and if the Perry Projects are displaced, more than enough room for further downtown development to build on the momentum from Harbor Place. Once completed, would be a very impressive showpiece for visiting potential FAs. Little to no infrastructure work needed.

I play softball and Father Conway Park and there's nothing around but rubble. This also moves development in the direction of Larkinville.

Nothing but good news here.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1229x743q50/835/tc4c.jpg[/QUOTE]

YardRat
05-17-2014, 09:27 PM
South Park, Perry, Ohio, Louisiana and Michigan would probably have to be converted to four lanes.

Your softball field would probably have to go to make room for a fieldhouse-type facility.

WagonCircler
05-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Your softball field would probably have to go to make room for a fieldhouse-type facility.

No one would miss it.

BuffaloRedleg
05-18-2014, 02:41 AM
God I can't wait to move back to Buffalo this summer. 8 years I've been away and so much has changed, so many new and exciting developments every time I go back.

It's a great time to be a Buffalonian.

Famous Amos
05-18-2014, 07:23 AM
Ohio street already is in the midst of being improved both aesthetically and functionally as a gateway to the outer harbor. There's a lot of parking available on the outer harbor. A lot. Its entirely possible that people could park there and take a shuttle bus or walk over Ohio to the proposed site.
The area you picked is ripe for development. Right now, River Works is expanding into a beer garden with a roller derby center as well as seasonal ice rinks. I think there's plans for a hotel too.that's across the street on Ganson. Also, there's going to be an upscale apartment complex built on the river where there used to be an old warehouse that is getting torn down. Pegs Park is a beautiful spot for families to catch free concerts and has an accessible port on the river that the ferry stops at. So there's another way for fans to get to your location, via ferry.

Famous Amos
05-18-2014, 07:27 AM
I think to the east of the spot is the old first ward.that's a pretty stable neighborhood with a lot of family owned houses. Its a cool area because it has the grain silos as its backdrop. Silo City is another interesting destination that has a lot of potential.

OLDSRIP
05-18-2014, 10:12 AM
I wish they would let us drag race on Ohio Street like we did in the olds days.
Anyone else out there remember?

They could easily incorporate a drag strip into the plans.
would that be asking to much? Lol

IlluminatusUIUC
05-18-2014, 10:18 AM
South Park, Perry, Ohio, Louisiana and Michigan would probably have to be converted to four lanes.

I don't see why the Bills would have to move their team facility to the stadium site. Plenty of teams practice somewhere other than in the shadow of their stadium. The Broncos practice in dove valley, about 20 miles away. The Redskins practice in a completely different state.

The Zone Ranger
05-18-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm all for it as long as there is an open end of the stadium facing the River.
I hope the city does not miss out on enhancing the game day experience.
It would be very exciting for young fans as well as old to take a ride on a
monorail instead of a shuttle bus.

We all know how much
bad publicity the city gets, I think the people of Buffalo should
begin to show off that it's not a dying city but rather a cutting edge one.
Ralph said he wanted to keep the team here. Now is the time for Buffalonian' s
to prove they deserve it.

gr8slayer
05-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Cowboys are moving to Frisco, which is about 45 minutes from Arlington.

Is a new stadium something that's a remote possibility?
I don't see why the Bills would have to move their team facility to the stadium site. Plenty of teams practice somewhere other than in the shadow of their stadium. The Broncos practice in dove valley, about 20 miles away. The Redskins practice in a completely different state.

stuckincincy
05-18-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm all for it as long as there is an open end of the stadium facing the River.
I hope the city does not miss out on enhancing the game day experience.
It would be very exciting for young fans as well as old to take a ride on a
monorail instead of a shuttle bus.

We all know how much
bad publicity the city gets, I think the people of Buffalo should
begin to show off that it's not a dying city but rather a cutting edge one.
Ralph said he wanted to keep the team here. Now is the time for Buffalonian' s
to prove they deserve it.

How? Nothing comes for free. A 2% sales tax levied on everybody to build a free palace for one of the NFL billionaires? I recommend $4,000 minimum PSLs, and minimum $100 ticket prices, so those who want it build it for the owners pay for it, not on the back of the man in the street.

The Zone Ranger
05-18-2014, 03:34 PM
How? Nothing comes for free. A 2% sales tax levied on everybody to build a free palace for one of the NFL billionaires? I recommend $4,000 minimum PSLs, and minimum $100 ticket prices, so those who want it build it for the owners pay for it, not on the back of the man in the street.

I hope that the stadium financing would be dealt with so little or no expense would be brought on the
tax payer. But what I would call upon every Buffalonian to participate in is the revitalization of the city.
I would hope that what is developed around the stadium would become an attraction not something that
would polarize.

The Zone Ranger
05-18-2014, 03:35 PM

I hope that the stadium financing would be dealt with so little or no expense would be brought on the
tax payer. But what I would call upon every Buffalonian to participate in is the revitalization of the city.
I would hope that what is developed around the stadium would become an attraction not something that
would polarize.

WagonCircler
05-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Is a new stadium something that's a remote possibility?

I'd say it's a lot more than remote. Closer to inevitable. There are State commissions set up, there are politicians jumping all over it.

The Zone Ranger
05-18-2014, 03:51 PM
I'd say it's a lot more than remote. Closer to inevitable. There are State commissions set up, there are politicians jumping all over it.

As there should be. I've often heard the phrase " Life coming out of death" Ralph was determined
to go to his death keeping the team in Buffalo. That should be a motivating factor to build a
new stadium where you proposed. Combine that with the fact that the Bills are the only NFL team
left in NY there should be enough to stimulate a revitalization project.

gr8slayer
05-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Not doubting you, but do you have any articles I can read about it? That's pretty encouraging stuff for us fans.

The Zone Ranger
05-18-2014, 04:12 PM

would polarize.

BillsImpossible
05-18-2014, 05:03 PM
WagonCircler, this is a very good idea.

Hopefully the site is not home to an endangered plant or ant the environmentalist thugs would go crazy over.

The reason why the new Peace Bridge was never built was because of...birds.

Getting a stadium built in downtown Buffalo isn't going to be easy.

Surely, an environmental "study," will be conducted first, and that will take at least 2 years to complete after Andrew Cuomo and his pals have enough time to nip their future competition in the bud.

WagonCircler
05-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Not doubting you, but do you have any articles I can read about it? That's pretty encouraging stuff for us fans.

There's a lot out there. It's not finalized, but there are already groups in Wheatfield, Niagara Falls, NY and Batavia, NY, vying for the stadium, and when you listen to Sen. Schumer, he all but says that he knows more than he share regarding the new ownership being local, and the fact that he's on the stadium working group speaks volumes.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/buffalo-news-editorials/with-schumer-on-new-stadium-working-group-it-has-the-clout-it-needs-to-deliver-20140402

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Gov-Andrew-Cuomo-names-first-members-of-New-Stadium-Working-Group/bb2690d4-badd-4679-8d46-d9d816bef73e

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2014/02/buffalo_bills_andrew_cuomo_new.html

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/New-Stadium-Working-Group-holds-first-meeting/e91a6e5b-c979-465d-9f57-efcbf047e811

WagonCircler
05-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Here's a zoomed out version of the OP photo. As you can see, there's plenty of vacant land. And all three of our stadiums would literally be within walking distance of each other. This would create almost year round activity in the area and would make it much more attractive to developers. It would also be a boost for the Harbor Center and for those who have already invested in the Canalside and Cobblestone districts.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1044x832q90/841/f457.jpg

bleve
05-18-2014, 09:09 PM
This, along with a signature Peace Bridge would be most awesome.

WagonCircler
05-19-2014, 02:06 AM
This, along with a signature Peace Bridge would be most awesome.

If we have to wait as long for a new stadium as we have for a new Peace Bridge, we're screwed.

BillsImpossible
05-19-2014, 05:41 PM
If we have to wait as long for a new stadium as we have for a new Peace Bridge, we're screwed.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1044x832q90/841/f457.jpg

I heard an interview with Jim Kelly today and he was talking about how important it is for the Buffalo Bills to build a new stadium to keep the franchise here.

He also talked about how the next owner has to be willing to put a winner on the field.

Whoever becomes the next owner of the Buffalo Bills will ultimately determine where the stadium is built.

I see your vision of the new stadium above, WagonCircler, as a great business opportunity for the city, and the next owner.