PDA

View Full Version : Will every Bills' draft pick make the final roster?

YardRat
05-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Barring injury, of course.

Most are being brought in for positions that definitely need upgrading, but to have an entire draft class make the team would be unusual.

If they don't, in your opinion which ones are most likely to get released, signed to the practice squad instead, etc.?

TigerJ
05-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Very good question. Of course, regardless of what Doug Marrone says, the Bills are going to give their high draft picks every chance to succeed. That means Kouandjio and Watkins are locks to make the roster, but Preston Brown, Cockrell and Richardson are pretty certian too. The seventh round guys boh have potential to make the squad. Of course, Henderson is seen by many as a first round talent who slipped because of the off field stuff. Thus, it seems like Henderson is in control of whether or not he makes it. If he focusses and works he should make the team. If he messes up he won't. That leaves Randell Johnson. Johnson seems to have the measureables that could have gotten him drafted much earlier. He didn't because he's a small school guy. If the jump in competition isn't too much for him, he'll make it. Otherwise, he seems like good PS material.

Buckets
05-19-2014, 09:45 AM
no

ParanoidAndroid
05-19-2014, 09:50 AM
The late round O-linemen the Bills grabbed (5th and 7th) would normally be considered longshots, but both seem to have fallen down the draft board because of work ethic and professional attitude concerns. I'm not sure how a finalist for the Outland trophy drops to the 5th. Henderson has a Da'rick Rogers kind of feel to him.... a knuckle-head with all the talent in the world that might never figure it out. Rogers still has a good shot. Let's hope Seantrel walks the walk.

- - - Updated - - -

no

Hmmm.... very well constructed response. How interesting.

Jan Reimers
05-19-2014, 10:21 AM
I think Johnson, the 7th round linebacker, is more likely to end up on the Practice Squad. The others lower round guys have a good chance to stick, if Henderson doesn't get "weeded out."

justasportsfan
05-19-2014, 10:47 AM
if Seantrel Henderson starts hanging out with Dareus during camp, he won't make the team.

swiper
05-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Will every Bills' draft pick make the final roster?

Doubt it. In fact they could all be gone except Watkins. Whaley took several "boom or bust" types. Let's hope at least one of them goes "boom."

Dr. Who
05-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Doubt it. In fact they could all be gone except Watkins. Whaley took several "boom or bust" types. Let's hope at least one of them goes "boom."

Really? Most of them will make it. Front offices don't jettison an entire draft in the first year. Cyrus K is a mortal lock to make the team, btw. Do you say non-sense because you believe it or do you get some kind of weird thrill saying stupid things to get people riled up?

bleve
05-19-2014, 11:48 AM
I think Randall Johnson is most likely to be a casualty. If Henderson decides he wants to play football, he could make it, it's up to him. Jasper had the will, but not the talent, this guy has the talent.

I think Brown makes it, if only as a temp - one and done.

Cyrus? Well, he mad. Stay mad Cyrus, stay mad.

Novacane
05-19-2014, 12:02 PM
No.

Buckets
05-19-2014, 12:38 PM
The late round O-linemen the Bills grabbed (5th and 7th) would normally be considered longshots, but both seem to have fallen down the draft board because of work ethic and professional attitude concerns. I'm not sure how a finalist for the Outland trophy drops to the 5th. Henderson has a Da'rick Rogers kind of feel to him.... a knuckle-head with all the talent in the world that might never figure it out. Rogers still has a good shot. Let's hope Seantrel walks the walk.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm.... very well constructed response. How interesting.

Well it's either yes or no. You have a 50 -50 chance of being right. Before the start of the season there will be many personnel moves made that will be strongly debated in the zone, some will be cut merely because of their draft position as they are every year regardless of their talent.

Ed
05-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Anyone taken in the first four rounds is pretty much a lock to make the team just based on financial commitment. I could see Randell getting cut and going to the PS depending on how many LB's they decide to keep. As long as Henderson stay out of trouble, it shouldn't be that hard for him to make it. I think Pears is getting cut to save money. Doesn't make sense to pay that much for a back up RT. I expect Hairston and Henderson to be the primary OT backups, but even Hairston is still kind of a mystery.

I think all the picks end up making it, but I'm not sure about any UDFA's. We always seem to keep at least one, but it seems like we have better depth this year.

ParanoidAndroid
05-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Well it's either yes or no. You have a 50 -50 chance of being right. Before the start of the season there will be many personnel moves made that will be strongly debated in the zone, some will be cut merely because of their draft position as they are every year regardless of their talent.

50/50? Are you saying 50% of all draft classes produce a starter from vey pick? A yes or no question does not preclude a 50% probability of outcome. I'm pretty sure one can infer that there was more to the question than a simple yes or no answer especially since the OP had other questions in it. If I wanted to be right, I would simply say "no." The probability would be on my side, but that's not what anyone is really interested in here. We are here to talk football. So....

MTBillsFan
05-19-2014, 02:24 PM
I think Johnson, the 7th round linebacker, is more likely to end up on the Practice Squad. The others lower round guys have a good chance to stick, if Henderson doesn't get "weeded out."

I love "weeded out"

better days
05-19-2014, 04:20 PM
I doubt every pick will make the final roster, but I expect some Vets like Pears to be cut in favor of Rookies.

swiper
05-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Really? Most of them will make it. Front offices don't jettison an entire draft in the first year. Cyrus K is a mortal lock to make the team, btw. Do you say non-sense because you believe it or do you get some kind of weird thrill saying stupid things to get people riled up?

I didn't see anyone put a time limit on it Sally. In three years you'll be left with Watkins. Who, by that point, will want out. The only on talking stupid is named Who.

Buckets
05-20-2014, 08:21 AM
50/50? Are you saying 50% of all draft classes produce a starter from vey pick? A yes or no question does not preclude a 50% probability of outcome. I'm pretty sure one can infer that there was more to the question than a simple yes or no answer especially since the OP had other questions in it. If I wanted to be right, I would simply say "no." The probability would be on my side, but that's not what anyone is really interested in here. We are here to talk football. So....

First the question was will they all make the roster. If you wanted an explanation you should have stated so.

Dr. Who
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
I didn't see anyone put a time limit on it Sally. In three years you'll be left with Watkins. Who, by that point, will want out. The only on talking stupid is named Who.

What is implied is making the roster this year. You have to go out of your way to understand it in any other fashion. If one means years out, why not ten, twelve years? How about twenty? I can confidently assert that twenty years from now, not a single draft pick will make the roster. What a bonehead Whaley must be.

So, again, thanks for your outstanding contributions.