PDA

View Full Version : Bills Rookie Minicamp Reports Day 2

DraftBoy
05-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Day 2 - http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Rookie-Minicamp-Day-2-Guiton-a-busy-QB/9099233c-60be-47ce-b0d5-ff5be0e681cc

Quarterback Kenny Guiton took off his practice jersey at the close of Sunday’s practice session and the state of his undershirt would make one think he was a wide receiver or defensive back. It’s not normal for quarterbacks to be drenched in sweat from top to bottom. As the only quarterback participating in Buffalo’s rookie minicamp, however, he’s getting a workout like he’s never had before.

YardRat
05-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I like this part...

Guiton has relished the one-on-one coaching he’s gotten from quarterback coach Todd Downing. It’s the type of individual handling that often doesn’t exist in the NFL.

“Coach Downing is great,” said Guiton. “He’s a guy who comes ready to work. He comes wanting to coach me. Having him here has been a great experience. He’s given me things to work on. He’s given me things every day to just focus on something small. He’s not throwing too much at me or change my throwing motion or anything like that. He’s helping me out, he’s a great coach and I can tell he’s enthusiastic about the game too and I like that a lot about him.”

One thing Downing is harping on with Guiton is stepping up into the pocket after his drop backs. Like most college quarterbacks who have played most of their career in the shotgun, dropping back and then stepping up is a concept that still needs refinement.

It's good to have somebody on the staff to concentrate with the QB's, and I really dislike when coaches try to re-invent an individual player's wheel. Footwork and mechanics are one thing, but 'natural' throwing motion is a trait that QB's will always revert to, so you might as well work with what you've got.

Goobylal
05-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Joe B. said that Guiton didn't look that great. Still I'd look to store him on the PS over Dixon and hope he develops, unlike Dixon who is going into his 7th year (and might not even be eligible for the PS anymore).

Skooby
05-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Dixon has been around way too long, we're not stashing anymore.

Homegrown
05-18-2014, 08:28 PM
memories of Travis Brown. Alex Van Pelt, Levi Brown, etc

swiper
05-18-2014, 08:47 PM
He's just there b/c they need a QB for the rookie camp.

Topas
05-19-2014, 05:24 AM
Who was the poster that years back always told that our back-up QB was better than our current starting QB. Considering our starting QBS in the last decade he had a point. But he even followed the Colts after our back-up QB was signed by them and claimed that he could do as good a job as Peyton. Pretty ridiculous but funny.
Anybody remebers that? It wasnt Spiked, was it?

Edit: ok, forget it. This is a Range comment. I forgot that I am currently posting in the Zone :-)

Goobylal
05-19-2014, 11:04 AM
He's just there b/c they need a QB for the rookie camp.
Yeah but without drafting a QB and no one else on the PS (I think Dixon is no longer eligible), they might as well try and develop him.

Homegrown
05-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Who was the poster that years back always told that our back-up QB was better than our current starting QB.

That was actually Craig Nall, he posted under the username 'yordad'....