PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See This Picture In The Buffalo News Today?

BillsImpossible
05-19-2014, 06:42 PM
This picture is quite interesting.

Henderson looks like he's eating Kouandjio's lunch.

If this kid can stay out of trouble and has found his football Jesus, I can't wait to see the Buffalo Bills starting offensive line on opening day.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/05/18/bills-begin-sizing-up-ot-henderson/

http://bnwordpress.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/05/157478-625x375.jpg

Bills seventh-round draft pick Seantrel Henderson, left, works with fellow draftee Cyrus Kouandjio during a drill Sunday at rookie camp. (Associated Press)

Seantrel Henderson can only remember one time walking into a room and not being the biggest person in it.
“Bryant McKinnie. You can see the actual inch he got on me. Other than that, I’ve never seen nobody really bigger than me,” said the 6-foot-7, 331-pound Henderson, the final member of the Buffalo Bills’ 2014 draft class.

DraftBoy
05-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Ummm...the drill is designed to have Henderson push Kouandjio up. Its a technique drill, that's why Kouandjio is holding the bag and offering little resistance (notice his arms are barely even engaged?).

BillsImpossible
05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Ummm...the drill is designed to have Henderson push Kouandjio up. Its a technique drill, that's why Kouandjio is holding the bag and offering little resistance (notice his arms are barely even engaged?).

Who won the battle? This isn't a drill designed for Henderson to win. What's easier from a leverage standpoint, pushing up or pushing down?

YardRat
05-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Who won the battle? This isn't a drill designed for Henderson to win (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#). What's easier from a leverage (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#) standpoint, pushing up or pushing down?

Pushing up...that's why olinemen are taught to drop their ass, get lower than their man, and engage. A little bit of lift can move an opponent a long way.

Dr. Lecter
05-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Who won the battle? This isn't a drill designed for Henderson to win. What's easier from a leverage standpoint, pushing up or pushing down?
Actually it is designed that way.

The other guy is holding onto a blocking pad and is not engaging in the battle. It is only for form and technique.

Skooby
05-19-2014, 07:31 PM
So this proves that the guy with the big bag wins.

DraftBoy
05-19-2014, 07:52 PM

It wasn't a battle...its a technique drill. There isn't a win or loss.

Scumbag College
05-19-2014, 08:00 PM
This picture to me means that Kouandjio is clearly a bust, that the team is doomed, and will move to Albuquerque within the next two years.

Also, it means that Henderson is clearly the next Jonathan Ogden and will be holding out on the Bills. We will have another Jason Peters situation and he will become a cancer in the locker room.

Don't Panic
05-19-2014, 08:04 PM
This picture to me means that Kouandjio is clearly a bust, that the team is doomed, and will move to Albuquerque within the next two years.

Also, it means that Henderson is clearly the next Jonathan Ogden and will be holding out on the Bills. We will have another Jason Peters situation and he will become a cancer in the locker room.

Beyond that, his children are obviously cursed to a life of humility while Henderson may possibly be the Second Coming. Yep... all that from a well timed picture.

jills
05-19-2014, 08:10 PM

Have you ever played football?

The Popcorn
05-19-2014, 08:16 PM

We know who to blame if this happens.

The Popcorn
05-19-2014, 08:17 PM

I spit out my beer reading this.

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Or have any common sense?

Night Train
05-20-2014, 04:31 AM
Conclusion - the air bag engaged and both are fighting for their lives !

Yasgur's Farm
05-20-2014, 05:49 AM

You are soooooo wrong... Everyone knows that Scranton is the destination for the Bills!

X-Era
05-20-2014, 06:12 AM
The part I like here is that fans on this forum are this rabid for Bills football to get started.

alohabillsfan
05-20-2014, 09:45 AM
what a thread! smmfh

DynaPaul
05-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Do you even lift bro?

swiper
05-20-2014, 03:56 PM
http://300workout.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/do-you-even-lift.jpg

BillsImpossible
05-20-2014, 07:05 PM
If Henderson didn't get in trouble off the field, he would have been a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

That was gross, but quite funny. I used to lift all the time, but then life happened.....

Would Henderson have been drafted ahead of Kouandjio if he didn't get in trouble?

In terms of football talent, who's better?

Henderson would have been a 1st or 2nd round draft pick if he put down the bong in Miami and concentrated on football instead of partying and girls...but I forgive him because I'm guilty of the same offenses. I was just fortunate enough to not get caught!

Henderson has a slight size advantage, and better strength.

Which player put up more reps at the combine?

Henderson put up 23...
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/04/4037862/report-miami-hurricanes-seantrel.html

Kouandjio put up 21 reps, 2nd worst among lineman.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2045232-cyrus-kouandjio-nfl-draft-2014-highlights-scouting-report-and-breakdown

I don't care if he was drafted in the 7th round.

If Henderson is the better football player, his past should not hold him back.

Watching the battle between Henderson and Kouandjio for the starting right tackle position is something to look forward to.

If Henderson does win the job, I wonder if the Bills would consider moving Kouandjio inside to right guard?

Turf
05-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Um, they're both offensive linemen. So why does this drill mean anything.

BillsImpossible
05-20-2014, 07:43 PM

Yes. In the 4th and 5th grades, my friends and I used to play street football at the bus stop on our street before school.

Around 1989, 1990 right before the Gulf War...when the US took out Noriega (Pineapple Head)...all of us were huge Bills fans as kids. The Bills inspired me to play football in Middle School, and JV football in high school. I knew I was a 6'3 185 lbs defensive end at best, so I chose to play volleyball instead and got a partial scholarship that paid for about 75% of my college tuition.

BillsImpossible
05-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Um, they're both offensive linemen. So why does this drill mean anything.

This drill is designed for a reason.

Who has more strength?

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2014, 07:54 PM
This drill is designed for a reason.

Who has more strength?

The guy holding the shield is there only to be a body.

It is not a measure of one on one strength.

It is a drill to measure, evaluate and improve technique and form.

BillsImpossible
05-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Or have any common sense?

So says the guy with Psy as his avatar.

Shake it like a Polaroid picture, Mr. Miyagi.

What's the picture say?

A 2nd round draft pick is better than a 7th rounder just because they didn't get caught smoking weed?

BillsImpossible
05-20-2014, 08:02 PM
The guy holding the shield is there only to be a body.

It is not a measure of one on one strength.

It is a drill to measure, evaluate and improve technique and form.

Only to be a body?

I don't agree. Why no competition? If the player is only there as a body, there's no competition.

I don't think NFL coaches ever do drills without competition in mind. They want to see who wins the battle.

They don't have players perform drills as punching bags only.

"You stand here, and get your ass kicked after the whistle."

Sorry, but I do not think it works like that in the NFL.

Scumbag College
05-20-2014, 08:25 PM
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I hate this time of year in sports. I only pay attention to football and between the draft and TC there is NOTHING going on. We are reduced to bickering about drills being run in a rookie minicamp with one guy holding a pad. I wish another Patriot got arrested for murder or an NFL owner had a Donald Sterling moment just for something to talk about.

cookie G
05-20-2014, 08:34 PM
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I hate this time of year in sports. I only pay attention to football and between the draft and TC there is NOTHING going on. We are reduced to bickering about drills being run in a rookie minicamp with one guy holding a pad. I wish another Patriot got arrested for murder or an NFL owner had a Donald Sterling moment just for something to talk about.

We can talk about this being added as a drilll!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kvWBtlXiZ_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or maybe we can just let Cujo (Kujo?) swat the thread starter in the head.

Scumbag College
05-20-2014, 08:38 PM
We can talk about this being added as a drilll!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kvWBtlXiZ_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or maybe we can just let Cujo (Kujo?) swat the thread starter in the head.

But without pads on he was holding a cushion and got shoved around by a guy not holding a cushion. Guy clearly sucks.

Homegrown
05-20-2014, 08:50 PM
But without pads on he was holding a cushion and got shoved around by a guy not holding a cushion .

change it from guy to gal and you PILLOW FIGHT!!!