PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones is a repulsive person

GingerP
05-20-2014, 08:45 AM
I wish he would keep his mouth shut.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/05/19/jerry-jones-sounds-concerned-growing-pie-keeping-bills-wny/

I hope he chokes on his "growing pie".

Skooby
05-20-2014, 09:03 AM
He's next in the ground.

Novacane
05-20-2014, 09:29 AM
"We certainly want to create every opportunity we can to involve more fans," Jones said.

Then you don't move the team to Toronto dip****. Has he paid any attention to how much the fans there cared about seeing the Bills when they had the chance!

justasportsfan
05-20-2014, 09:37 AM
the cowboys are my most hated team outside the AFCE.

better days
05-20-2014, 10:03 AM
I read articles about this on two Toronto newspapers that are linked on twobillsdrive.com.

The Toronto Sun makes it sound like Jones is all for the Bills moving & it is a done deal that the Bills move, while the Toronto Globe and Mail says Jones is lukewarm to the idea of the Bills moving & thinks the Bills moving to Toronto is a longshot.

Meathead
05-20-2014, 10:16 AM
the toronto sun is going all fox news on this new ownership deal - they just keep acting like the bills moving to toronto is already a fait accompli hoping if they say it enough times it just magically becomes real

coastal
05-20-2014, 10:16 AM
The Bills moving is a very real possibility IMO. There is BIG money outside of WNY that can help drive revenue into the NFL as a whole... much bigger money than what's here.

if there is one thing that the NFL and our current society as a whole covets... it's big money.

better days
05-20-2014, 10:36 AM
The Bills moving is a very real possibility IMO. There is BIG money outside of WNY that can help drive revenue into the NFL as a whole... much bigger money than what's here.

if there is one thing that the NFL and our current society as a whole covets... it's big money.

Except the biggest money the NFL gets is from TV revenue.

Toronto is in another Country, who knows how much money the NFL could get from the CBC?

And I think people underestimate the number of Bills fans like myself that no longer live in Buffalo, but PAY BIG BUCKS to watch them on TV out of market.

If the Bills leave Buffalo, Bills fans like myself will no longer be spending any money on the NFL Sunday Ticket.

As for Corporations, only the owner of the home team sees any money from them. The rest of the NFL does not see any of that money.

Jerry Jones made sure of that.

Skooby
05-20-2014, 10:49 AM

It's a nice thought to try & spook people (like most people that need attention 24/7). The reality of the matter is the sites being explored as the unannounced package program to purchase the Bills & move them to a new stadium are all local. There's going to be no way to cancel or move the current long-term lease in place until mid 2020, so seeing someone plunk down Billions for a hope to move the team out of town then is a huge long-shot.

No one with Billions is going to make a financial commitment to the area, spend the money to build the stadium & then move the team out of market then. It'd be like paying for 2 stadiums which isn't going to happen, again the purchase is a package purchase of stadium guarantees as part of the purchase. You haven't heard about it yet but you will soon enough, also a local guy looks to be the leader to buy the team.

OpIv37
05-20-2014, 10:55 AM
This just confirms what myself and others have been saying: the revenue-sharing contributors see the revenue sharing recipients as an expense.

Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft and Dan Snyder just want the Bills to be wherever they will make the most money because that means less revenue sharing that they have to pay out. All that matters to them is the bottom line. If they can be convinced that the team will be more profitable in Buffalo, they will support the team staying. If they believe the team will make more money in Toronto, LA or elsewhere, they will support a move.

It's that simple.

DraftBoy
05-20-2014, 10:57 AM
This just confirms what myself and others have been saying: the revenue-sharing contributors see the revenue sharing recipients as an expense.

Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft and Dan Snyder just want the Bills to be wherever they will make the most money because that means less revenue sharing that they have to pay out. All that matters to them is the bottom line. If they can be convinced that the team will be more profitable in Buffalo, they will support the team staying. If they believe the team will make more money in Toronto, LA or elsewhere, they will support a move.

It's that simple.

I don't think Bob Kraft sees it that way but the other two I believe could.

In the end I'm not really worried about this information, I don't think the team is moving in the next 20 years.

better days
05-20-2014, 10:57 AM
It's a nice thought to try & spook people (like most people that need attention 24/7). The reality of the matter is the sites being explored as the unannounced package program to purchase the Bills & move them to a new stadium are all local. There's going to be no way to cancel or move the current long-term lease in place until mid 2020, so seeing someone plunk down Billions for a hope to move the team out of town then is a huge long-shot.

No one with Billions is going to make a financial commitment to the area, spend the money to build the stadium & then move the team out of market then. It'd be like paying for 2 stadiums which isn't going to happen, again the purchase is a package purchase of stadium guarantees as part of the purchase. You haven't heard about it yet but you will soon enough, also a local guy looks to be the leader to buy the team.

And if a Toronto group were to buy the Bills, they would be playing in an EMPTY Stadium until 2020.

Dr. Who
05-20-2014, 11:06 AM
The team is likely staying in Buffalo. The NFL would be foolish to move a team with a very passionate fan base in the era of social media. The lease agreement is evidence that Wilson's intention was to give Western NY an edge to keep the team in Buffalo. Mary Wilson will honor her late husband's wishes. There are local individuals with enough wealth to own the team. Shumer would likely put the NFL anti-trust exemption in peril if they tried to move the team. There is enough chatter about local interests and stadium sites in the area being scouted. NY state does not want to lose their only NFL franchise. In short, there's every reason to surmise a good outcome. One is either jaded, stupid, or simply mean to constantly post alarmist conjectures. The stupid mean crowd is always the first to embrace gratuitous nastiness.

Skooby
05-20-2014, 11:09 AM
The team is likely staying in Buffalo. The NFL would be foolish to move a team with a very passionate fan base in the era of social media. The lease agreement is evidence that Wilson's intention was to give Western NY an edge to keep the team in Buffalo. Mary Wilson will honor her late husband's wishes. There are local individuals with enough wealth to own the team. Shumer would likely put the NFL anti-trust exemption in peril if they tried to move the team. There is enough chatter about local interests and stadium sites in the area being scouted. NY state does not want to lose their only NFL franchise. In short, there's every reason to surmise a good outcome. One is either jaded, stupid, or simply mean to constantly post alarmist conjectures. The stupid mean crowd is always the first to embrace gratuitous nastiness.

The anti-trust thing is a last resort but if anything could choke the NFL with it it's Chuck. He's called the boys in front of a panel before, believe me when I say they don't want to go there.

WagonCircler
05-20-2014, 11:11 AM
I want to light Jerry's fake face on fire and put it out with a pitchfork.

Historian
05-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Jerry hasn't had much to do since the 90's.

Historian
05-20-2014, 11:31 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2014/05/20/buffalo-bills-nfl-owners/9321911/

Novacane
05-20-2014, 11:57 AM

Not for 7 years

coastal
05-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Not for 7 years
7 years is a blink of an eye...

better days
05-20-2014, 02:58 PM
7 years is a blink of an eye...

7 years of an EMPTY Ralph Wilson Stadium on Television would seem like an ETERNITY to the NFL & the TV Networks.

DynaPaul
05-20-2014, 03:25 PM
This is kind of foreboding of the death of the NFL. They're running things as per a Wall Street model now where you're expected to grow revenue every year even if the market is already saturated. They're going to build bigger stadiums, add more games, more teams, sell more ads, and raise prices until it becomes a bloated mess that collapses on itself all because everyone wants more and more money each year.

BuffaloRedleg
05-20-2014, 04:09 PM

It's that simple.

Maybe so, but whether or not the team would be that much more profitable is not a sure deal. There is plenty of growth going on in WNY. There is no guaruntee that a move to LA would be succesfull, if they're smart (which I assume they are with money) you take the 80% return with a 0% risk rather than shoot for the 100% return with 50% risk. There is no way they Bills are going to fail, but there is a very real possibility that an LA or Toronto team would fail.

BuffaloRedleg
05-20-2014, 04:11 PM
I absolutely think a Toronto move would fail. I'd lead the ****ing boycott. They would get maybe 10% of their WNY fan base to jump on board. Most Canadiens don't give a **** about US Football. It's almost a guarunteed fail.

LA sure ther is high risk/high reward, but again, it's failed before. Take the smart money rather than a giant risk that could blow in the face of the NFL both monetarily and by way of PR.

YardRat
05-20-2014, 04:44 PM
**** Jerry Jones.

Night Train
05-20-2014, 05:02 PM
He's part of a small group. He'll be badly outvoted, by all accounts.

Bills are staying and he can kill the pain with more plastic surgery.

feldspar
05-20-2014, 09:19 PM
I want to light Jerry's fake face on fire and put it out with a pitchfork.

If Jerry Jones wants to say something like "it's all about the fans" on one side of his fake face again, while simultaneously trying to take away one of the most loyal fanbases ever on the other side of his fake face just to pad his billion dollar wallet some more...well, I'd want to do more than that to this bastard. Let's just say I'd start with the fingernails, one-by-one.

Seriously, the guy already should be ashamed of the amount of money he has. He wants more and more and more? If so, I think he fails to recognize what it's all about, to say the least.

WagonCircler
05-20-2014, 09:26 PM
If Jerry Jones wants to say something like "it's all about the fans" on one side of his fake face again, while simultaneously trying to take away one of the most loyal fanbases ever on the other side of his fake face just to pad his billion dollar wallet some more...well, I'd want to do more than that to this bastard. Let's just say I'd start with the fingernails, one-by-one.

Seriously, the guy already should be ashamed of the amount of money he has. He wants more and more and more? If so, I think he fails to recognize what it's all about, to say the least.

We could eat his liver with some lava beans and a nice chianti.

BertSquirtgum
05-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Nope

Turf
05-20-2014, 11:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/jerry-jones-jon-bon-jovi-would-be-outstanding-nfl-owner-052014

This isn't looking good. **** Bon Jovi.

Night Train
05-21-2014, 03:51 AM
Jones has the final say over Mary Wilson, Jeff Littman and Goodell ? He doesn't speak for anyone but himself and maybe a couple others.

Keep perpetuating the false hysteria.

chernobylwraiths
05-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Story lost a lot of credibility in the first sentence. "One of the NFL's most influential voices ...". I think that is a bunch of BS. I don't think he is as influential as many might think. He might have the biggest mouth, but that doesn't mean anything. Just because he is good for a soundbite, doesn't mean that people actually pay attention to what he says.

I'm sure all the other NFL owners know the most important thing about him, Jerry Jones's only interest in anything is Jerry Jones. It is one of the big reasons why I dispised all the "greedy" talk about Wilson. That man's first thought always seemed to be the team and the NFL, not how much he could make. It is one of the big reasons he voted against teams moving and collective bargaining agreements that were only money orientated.

Skooby
05-21-2014, 07:52 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/jerry-jones-jon-bon-jovi-would-be-outstanding-nfl-owner-052014

This isn't looking good. **** Bon Jovi.

He's going to be saying his prayers if he tries to move the team.

pmoon6
05-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Jones can say what he wants, but from what I understand, Goodell wants the team in WNY and he's a Jamestown boy. You also have Schumer and of course, state politicians in our corner.

We can do little but complain, what happens, happens.

If they do move, I will write the league office a letter. The NFL will lose at least one fan and no expansion team to placate Bills Fans will replace the feelings or loyalty I have for the BUFFALO Bills.

Woodman
05-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Jerry Jones the ******* that he is, has just helped us understand what's at stake, other than that **** Jerry Jones.

JoeMama
05-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Jones can say what he wants, but from what I understand, Goodell wants the team in WNY and he's a Jamestown boy. You also have Schumer and of course, state politicians in our corner.

We can do little but complain, what happens, happens.

If they do move, I will write the league office a letter. The NFL will lose at least one fan and no expansion team to placate Bills Fans will replace the feelings or loyalty I have for the BUFFALO Bills.

Make that two.

When the Bills cease to be a team, I cease to be an NFL fan.

It would be impossible for me to recapture the attachment to another team I have with the Bills, so I wouldn't bother trying.

Owners like Jerry Jones are obsessed with cracking into bigger markets, but history shows that strategy isn't the cash cow it's made out to be. Plus, it presents a gamble with TV revenues. If millions of Bills fans stop watching, can a new city full of ambivalent fans make-up that viewership?

You can bully a team into moving to Toronto or Los Angeles, but you can't you make anyone there give a ****.

gr8slayer
05-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately, he's just saying what the rest of the owners are thinking. You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's all about money for each and every one of those guys. Having said that, yeah, **** Jerry Jones.

Jan Reimers
05-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Unfortunately, he's just saying what the rest of the owners are thinking. You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's all about money for each and every one of those guys. Having said that, yeah, **** Jerry Jones.

Actually, there are many owners that favor keeping the Bills in Buffalo, including the owners of the Jets, Giants, Jags and the President of the publicly owned Packers. Not all of them are self-absorbed, gas bag egomaniacs like Jerry Jones.

better days
05-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Actually, there are many owners that favor keeping the Bills in Buffalo, including the owners of the Jets, Giants, Jags and the President of the publicly owned Packers. Not all of them are self-absorbed, gas bag egomaniacs like Jerry Jones.

And I think it was Mark Murphy, President of the Packers that said there would not be enough votes to approve a move of the Bills from Buffalo.

gr8slayer
05-21-2014, 11:25 AM

So 4 out of 32? Still not great odds. Either way, I don't get the appeal of Toronto. I understand that it's a huge city, with a good economy, and a ton of people, but that doesn't necessarily mean that football will be a huge success there.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think it was Mark Murphy, President of the Packers that said there would not be enough votes to approve a move of the Bills from Buffalo.

If true, that's great news. A 2/3rds vote is needed, correct?

Jan Reimers
05-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Maybe so, but whether or not the team would be that much more profitable is not a sure deal. There is plenty of growth going on in WNY. There is no guaruntee that a move to LA would be succesfull, if they're smart (which I assume they are with money) you take the 80% return with a 0% risk rather than shoot for the 100% return with 50% risk. There is no way they Bills are going to fail, but there is a very real possibility that an LA or Toronto team would fail.
I agree 100%. It's difficult for me to understand how people can assume LA or Toronto will be so much more profitable than Buffalo. LA has failed miserably as an NFL city, and Toronto has been a lukewarm market for Bills' games.

And the city of Buffalo is in the midst of an incredible comeback. The Bills toughed it out - and prospered - all those years when Buffalo was in a steep decline. To move them now when the city and WNY are both gaining momentum makes little sense.

gr8slayer
05-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Eh, having a team in L.A. would mean even more exposure in the largest (or second largest?) media market, and it would add another host city for future Super Bowls (with the new billion dollar stadium required for the team). If they are going to move a current team to one of the of the two cities, L.A. makes more sense, in my opinion. Either way, I'm holding out faith that the new owner is someone with ties to WNY, who recognizes how great Buffalo is.
I agree 100%. It's difficult for me to understand how people can assume LA or Toronto will be so much more profitable than Buffalo. LA has failed miserably as an NFL city, and Toronto has been a lukewarm market for Bills' games.

And the city of Buffalo is in the midst of an incredible comeback. The Bills toughed it out - and prospered - all those years when Buffalo was in a steep decline. To move them now when the city and WNY are both gaining momentum makes little sense.

Jan Reimers
05-21-2014, 11:32 AM
So 4 out of 32? Still not great odds. Either way, I don't get the appeal of Toronto. I understand that it's a huge city, with a good economy, and a ton of people, but that doesn't necessarily mean that football will be a huge success there.

- - - Updated - - -

If true, that's great news. A 2/3rds vote is needed, correct?
I think it's 3/4th. So we only need 9 votes to kill a move.

Jan Reimers
05-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Eh, having a team in L.A. would mean even more exposure in the largest (or second largest?) media market, and it would add another host city for future Super Bowls (with the new billion dollar stadium required for the team). If they are going to move a current team to one of the of the two cities, L.A. makes more sense, in my opinion. Either way, I'm holding out faith that the new owner is someone with ties to WNY, who recognizes how great Buffalo is.
I agree that LA will have a team in the fairly near future. But there are more logical choices than the Bills.

gr8slayer
05-21-2014, 11:36 AM
I don't want to ever see a city lose their team, just the idea of it makes me sick. I still think that if a team is going to go, it will be the Rams or the Raiders, due to stadium issues.
I agree that LA will have a team in the fairly near future. But there are more logical choices than the Bills.

Jan Reimers
05-21-2014, 11:45 AM
We could eat his liver with some lava beans and a nice chianti.

Fava beans.

pmoon6
05-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Fava beans.I prefer red beans and rice with liver.

WagonCircler
05-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Fava beans.

Auto correct sucks.