• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Bills purchase is a package deal, new stadium guarantees & then purchase

The purchase of the Bills involves the approval of the Bills' trustees, guarantees for the securing of sites for a new stadium, the funding in place for the site / stadium (including state related breaks / funds) & approval from a majority of the other 31 owners. One thing many people are missing is the current lease runs through the mid 2020's & no one is going to make all these financial commitments & then move the team (basically paying for 2 stadiums & the $250 Million NFL relocation fee).

The Bills are going nowhere folks, plan on hearing about the stadium sites soon & the plans on what's being built (think downtown dome).
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bills purchase is a package deal, new stadium guarantees & then purchase

Link, or is this speculation?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Link, or is this speculation?
      It's as much speculation as the Bills moving up & getting rid of Stevie all in pretty much one fail swoop, everybody thought I was crazy when I posted it. Then they thought moving up to #1 was not real, recently reported that the Bills were trying just like I said (settling for #4 & tossing Stevie in San Fran Bay).

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Right, so no link then?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Right, so no link then?
          This isn't public knowledge yet, so you're SOL on the link.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

I honestly thought Ralph's "gift" to WNY was going to be an NFL approved public ownership of the team, ala Green Bay.

I thought that was why they were keeping it hush-hush.

Sigh.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              I honestly thought Ralph's "gift" to WNY was going to be an NFL approved public ownership of the team, ala Green Bay.

I thought that was why they were keeping it hush-hush.

Sigh.
              It's no longer allowed. Green Bay is grandfathered.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                The purchase of the Bills involves the approval of the Bills' trustees, guarantees for the securing of sites for a new stadium, the funding in place for the site / stadium (including state related breaks / funds) & approval from a majority of the other 31 owners. One thing many people are missing is the current lease runs through the mid 2020's & no one is going to make all these financial commitments & then move the team (basically paying for 2 stadiums & the $250 Million NFL relocation fee).

The Bills are going nowhere folks, plan on hearing about the stadium sites soon & the plans on what's being built (think downtown dome).
                Seriously, you need to begin posts like this with the words "I think..."

I agree with your theory, but this implies that you have actual information. You don't.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                  Seriously, you need to begin posts like this with the words "I think..."

I agree with your theory, but this implies that you have actual information. You don't.
                  I don't even agree with the theory. There are reports that the team could be sold in as little as 3 months and they came out several weeks ago. Those reports would have to be wrong if there is any credibility to this theory, becuase there is no way a stadium deal gets done that quickly. It's highly unlikely they will even decide on the site in that time frame.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

I don't even agree with the theory. There are reports that the team could be sold in as little as 3 months and they came out several weeks ago. Those reports would have to be wrong if there is any credibility to this theory, becuase there is no way a stadium deal gets done that quickly. It's highly unlikely they will even decide on the site in that time frame.
                    True, but I also think that this stadium process is a lot further along than it appears. I believe Ralph and his financial people and everyone close to the situation were/are fully aware that the league wants a new stadium.

And I think assurances of such will be enough to satisfy the league and any prospective local owner.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

THE BILLS ARE MOVING PEEPS!!!!

Question is, will it be in downtown buffalo or niagara?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        THE BILLS ARE MOVING PEEPS!!!!

Question is, will it be in downtown buffalo or niagara?
                        Yeah I don't think anyone doubts that this is the last lease renewal on the Ralph. The Bills will be playing somwhere else after 2020 or 2023.

Exactly where is anyone's guess at this point. Even if they don't leave Buffalo, there is no clear front runner for the stadium site.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

They shouldn't even waste the 130 million any further. Put it towards the new stadium.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

The person added that Golisano's proposal will include building a new football stadium south of Buffalo.

Don't miss an update on the latest NFL news. Follow for scores, news, stats, and more.
                            Last edited by Skooby; 05-28-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Right, so no link then?
                              Link provided now, enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X