PDA

View Full Version : "Girgensons face of Sabres franchise"?

DetDannyWilliams
05-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Marty told Stu that he expects the Sabres to build around Zemgus Girgensons. "Girgenson is one that would be untouchable.The way he's played. He's a leader. I think this is the kind of guy you want to build your team around. He's an excellent leader. What he's doing on the ice I think he's the one guy you keep around this locker room. Stu Boyar: Then everybody else shouldn't get too comfortable ? Marty Biron: Well I think everybody has levels of how comfortable they can be, some guys know they're on the way out. Some guys want to be part of the solution to move ahead so I think a guy like Stafford he's played really well down the stretch. I think he's one of guys you have to take a good look and see if he can help your team moving forward and I believe he can. He's got all the tools, the size and everything. I think he can be part of the solution."

http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nhl/sabres/2014/05/20/biron-expects-busy-off-season-for-sabres/9357993/

OpIv37
05-21-2014, 03:58 PM
yeah, put all the pressure on the kid. Great idea.

And he kills his credibility with the Stafford comment. The guy had 2 or 3 good months at the end of a wasted season that also happened to be his contract year, when we were playing mostly backup goalies because we were the worst team in the league. It completely ignores the 4 years before that.

swiper
05-21-2014, 04:08 PM
If Girgensons was declared the face of the Sabres, my response would be, "that was fast."

OpIv37
05-21-2014, 04:12 PM
If Girgensons was declared the face of the Sabres, my response would be, "that was fast."

Honestly, though, who else would it be? I hate putting so much pressure on the kid, but no one else deserves it.

Ginger Vitis
05-21-2014, 04:26 PM
I like Girgensons and it's a nice sentiment but the face of the franchise will be whoever they draft in 2015..And/or Sam Reinhart

The Jokeman
05-21-2014, 06:34 PM
I like Girgensons and it's a nice sentiment but the face of the franchise will be whoever they draft in 2015..And/or Sam Reinhart
We have no idea what this offseason will bring, I'm hoping Reinhart's one of the pieces and the other one is Paul Stastny.

The Jokeman
05-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Honestly, though, who else would it be? I hate putting so much pressure on the kid, but no one else deserves it.
No love for Cody Hodgson or Ristolainen?

Ginger Vitis
05-22-2014, 07:21 AM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=27787

Since I implied one of these 2 will be the face of the Sabres franchise these poll results were surprising.. 9 scouts polled regarding McDavid and Eichel and McDavid only "won" by a 5-4 margin.. The 2014/2015 WJC will be the most anticipated WJC tourney in years

I think it is quite possible to be a captain and not be the face of the franchise.. I don't think Girgensons has the offensive gravitas to be a No.1 Center or the "face of the franchise"

JATMtheJATM
05-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Let's see what happens.