PDA

View Full Version : Improvements to the current Ralph Wilson Stadium

WagonCircler
05-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Pretty cool to see this actually taking shape. Looking forward to opening day.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/8-ways-Ralph-Wilson-Stadium-already-looks-different/64a3485e-bc4b-43a1-835d-cb506c0fd670?campaign=fb_buf_article#start

WagonCircler
05-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Historian
05-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Brandon said they wanted to "change the front door".

So that old bus/limo lot behind the scoreboard, will now be the new gift shop.

I can't wait to go buy my son a new jersey!

coastal
05-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Yeah public subsidy of an industry that nets hundreds of millions of dollars every year!

better days
05-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah public subsidy of an industry that nets hundreds of millions of dollars every year!

Your just pissed the Bills are staying in Buffalo.

coastal
05-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Your just pissed the Bills are staying in Buffalo.the only thing I'm pissed about is being sober.

Mr. Pink
05-22-2014, 11:15 AM
So pointless to renovate a stadium that you knowingly admit needs to be flat out replaced.

Buffalogic
05-22-2014, 11:21 AM
So pointless to renovate a stadium that you knowingly admit needs to be flat out replaced.I don't get it either to tell you the truth. It's nice, but for what? 6 years? Weird.

cookie G
05-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I wonder how many of the improvements are transferable to a new site? For instance, moving the socreboard system to a new stadium, or dismiantling the gift shop area and incorporating it into the new site? Not that it would make a huge difference anyway.

What they need is a state of the art hologram system, and incorporate Bills' legends onto the field...like they did with Tupac. Line up a Bruce hologram over the LT every so often.

Its 3rd and 6, Brady comes up to the line and scans the defense...

"51 is Mike! 78 is.....holy crap!!!"

Dr. Lecter
05-22-2014, 11:33 AM

While I don't disagree at all, they do generate revenue as well. The income tax on $100 million a year is not chump change

MikeInRoch
05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
As well as the revenue for everything around it that makes money off the games.

Skooby
05-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Is there a console table big enough to put that scoreboard on ?

better days
05-22-2014, 12:15 PM
So pointless to renovate a stadium that you knowingly admit needs to be flat out replaced.

That would be true if you could build a new Stadium in a week or two.

It will take a long time for a new Stadium to be built.

I will bet EVERYONE going to the games at the Ralph will not find the renovations pointless.

better days
05-22-2014, 12:17 PM
the only thing I'm pissed about is being sober.

Well, this explains your posting in the past.

OpIv37
05-22-2014, 12:20 PM
The problem is that the Ralph is falling apart. A new stadium is at least 6 years away, maybe ten. That structure isn't going to survive 6 more Buffalo winters with 73,000 people trekking through it on 10 seperate occasions (plus the non -NFL events held there).

Something had to be done to make sure the team had a viable stadium until a new one can get built.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-22-2014, 12:22 PM
I wonder how many of the improvements are transferable to a new site? For instance, moving the socreboard system to a new stadium, or dismiantling the gift shop area and incorporating it into the new site? Not that it would make a huge difference anyway.

What they need is a state of the art hologram system, and incorporate Bills' legends onto the field...like they did with Tupac. Line up a Bruce hologram over the LT every so often.

We actually did line up a hologram at defensive end, remember?

http://cover32.com/bills/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2014/01/ash1.jpeg

OpIv37
05-22-2014, 12:25 PM
He even looks too small in the picture. Dude needed a weight bench and about 4 dozen Big Macs.

better days
05-22-2014, 12:28 PM

By the time the new Stadium is built, everything in the Ralph will be OLD.

Especially electronic things like scoreboards.

Who wants an old 2014 Era scoreboard in our new 2020 Stadium?

Woodman
05-22-2014, 12:30 PM

This works!!

Dr. Lecter
05-22-2014, 12:42 PM
The problem is that the Ralph is falling apart. A new stadium is at least 6 years away, maybe ten. That structure isn't going to survive 6 more Buffalo winters with 73,000 people trekking through it on 10 seperate occasions (plus the non -NFL events held there).

Something had to be done to make sure the team had a viable stadium until a new one can get built.

You forgot to count the playoff games, dammit!

mayotm
05-22-2014, 12:45 PM

Something had to be done to make sure the team had a viable stadium until a new one can get built.12 times including the two home playoff games.:king:

WagonCircler
05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
While I don't disagree at all, they do generate revenue as well. The income tax on $100 million a year is not chump change

Not to mention that, conveniently forgotten by so many whiners, the term "Stadium Lease" means that the team actually pays to play there.

The original cost of building Rich/RWS was paid for many times over by lease payments and revenue from concessions and concerts.

It's just like the Peace Bridge and the NYS Thruway. Toll money collected from those have paid for the bridge and the roads ten times over.

Pinkerton Security
05-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Is there a console table big enough to put that scoreboard on ?

Ill find one, as long as they just give it to me.

Pinkerton Security
05-22-2014, 01:51 PM

something definitely had to be done. I've peed in too many mop buckets at the Ralph, and been stuck at the gate waiting to get in for 45 minutes too many times...it just isnt an efficient building in any sense.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-22-2014, 03:52 PM
He even looks too small in the picture. Dude needed a weight bench and about 4 dozen Big Macs.

For a moment there I was wondering why a WR wasn't wearing a 10s or 80s Jersey

Generalissimus Gibby
05-22-2014, 03:54 PM
You forgot to count the playoff games, dammit!

What is a playoff game? Are the Bills allowed to play in these? Are they dangerous?

coastal
05-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Well, this explains your posting in the past.
Sobriety is over-rated.

Mr. Pink
05-23-2014, 02:55 PM

While the stadium certainly isn't state of the art, it's not falling apart either.

Fact of the matter is, there needs to be a new stadium by 2020 so the money plunked down in something that needs to be replaced by NFL standards is foolish. And since Coastal is in this thread :rofl: it's even more foolish to plunk money down in the Ralph than it was to give it to Mario Williams.

better days
05-23-2014, 03:11 PM
While the stadium certainly isn't state of the art, it's not falling apart either.

Fact of the matter is, there needs to be a new stadium by 2020 so the money plunked down in something that needs to be replaced by NFL standards is foolish. And since Coastal is in this thread :rofl: it's even more foolish to plunk money down in the Ralph than it was to give it to Mario Williams.

Well, the plumbing was falling apart, money had to be spent on that.

I'm sure everyone that goes to the games will be happy about the money spent on the stadium.