PDA

View Full Version : If EJ stayed healthy all last season, what would our final record have been ??

Skooby
05-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Pretty simple question, If EJ stayed healthy all last season, what would our final record have been ??

sudzy
05-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Lewis had a really good game vs the Bengals and the Bills still lost. It's hard to imagine EJ doing much more. Thad won both Miami game so I'll give EJ the benefit of the doubt there. There is no way either was winning NO or NE. That leaves KC. That's really the only game in question.

xXSpIkes5IXx
05-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't forget Jeff Tuel blowing the Browns game

BuffaloRedleg
05-25-2014, 09:52 PM
I've seen this thread at least a dozen times here. Can't you just go back and bump one of your old posts?

Skooby
05-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Don't forget Jeff Tuel blowing the Browns game

We had that game as well, that was really a lack of preparation on Tuel's part even though I'm sure he took limited snaps during the week.

swiper
05-26-2014, 05:14 AM
You cannot blame Tuel for a "lack of preparation." LOL. How many reps do you think he took leading up to that game?

Skooby
05-26-2014, 04:54 PM
You cannot blame Tuel for a "lack of preparation." LOL. How many reps do you think he took leading up to that game?

He wasn't on the gameplan, that's where the problem lies.

Turf
05-26-2014, 09:25 PM
The desperation to start a thread is mind boggling. There's nothing to talk about.

Skooby
05-26-2014, 09:43 PM
The desperation to start a thread is mind boggling. There's nothing to talk about.

You must be single.

Goobylal
05-26-2014, 11:07 PM
He'd have won the Browns game, the Chefs game, both Miami games, and probably the first NE and the Atlanta games, if he'd been healthy all season.

Meathead
05-27-2014, 05:56 AM
that kc was one of the most frustrating games ever. all they needed before 'the play' was a fg and their winning likelihood would have been like ninety pcent. as they line up for third and goal at the one im standing in the living room yelling at the tv 'whatever you do do NOT let tuel put this ball in the air ... dont get cute, dont be stupid ... everybody in the stadium knows the chiefs will be looking to get back in this game with a pick six ... so run it straight into the line if you have to and kick the fg'. swear to dog. of course pimple faced hackett thought he knew better. ******

so two more games, that one and cleveland, to get to eight wins. and with last seasons afc parity that coulda made the playoffs

GingerP
05-27-2014, 06:21 AM
I don't think it would have made any difference. By the numbers, Thad Lewis actually played better than Manuel last season. I think it would be easier to imagine them having a better record if Lewis started more games and EJ less.

Goobylal
05-27-2014, 10:59 AM
I don't think it would have made any difference. By the numbers, Thad Lewis actually played better than Manuel last season. I think it would be easier to imagine them having a better record if Lewis started more games and EJ less.
Maybe, but Lewis didn't play in either the Browns or Checs game, while Tuel threw a killer pick-six in both games.

Skooby
05-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Maybe, but Lewis didn't play in either the Browns or Checs game, while Tuel threw a killer pick-six in both games.

You'd figure that we could of won those games if not the Bengals game as well, so toss 2 of the 3 into the win column & we're 8-8.

justasportsfan
05-27-2014, 01:34 PM
6-10. There's no telling if the EJ that played in the 1st game vs. the jets will show up or the EJ vs. the 2nd game against the same team.

stuckincincy
05-27-2014, 02:21 PM
You'd figure that we could of won those games if not the Bengals game as well, so toss 2 of the 3 into the win column & we're 8-8.

The opponents' mistakes left BUF back in the game. CIN owned the clock 38 minutes to 22 (!), CIN hit a 24 yd fg late in the 3rd, wiped out by a 10 yard penalty, then missed from the 34. CIN blew two man coverages in the 4th, and Thad Lewis made the strikes, and BUF came back in. In OT, BUF gave up a 29 yd punt return on their 2nd possession and that was that.

Forget chalking up that loss as a maybe. BUF's weak run D let CIN control the clock, the line gave up 5 sacks, and BUF won the penalty call war 4 to 8.

Bottom line - BUF better find a way to get themselves out of their cellar-dweller run D of the past years. Stop the quick-paced offense - pulling that on a rookie QB was unforgivable IMO.

gr8slayer
05-27-2014, 02:47 PM
16-0

Goobylal
05-27-2014, 06:08 PM

The opponents' mistakes left BUF back in the game. CIN owned the clock 38 minutes to 22 (!), CIN hit a 24 yd fg late in the 3rd, wiped out by a 10 yard penalty, then missed from the 34. CIN blew two man coverages in the 4th, and Thad Lewis made the strikes, and BUF came back in. In OT, BUF gave up a 29 yd punt return on their 2nd possession and that was that.

Forget chalking up that loss as a maybe. BUF's weak run D let CIN control the clock, the line gave up 5 sacks, and BUF won the penalty call war 4 to 8.

Bottom line - BUF better find a way to get themselves out of their cellar-dweller run D of the past years. Stop the quick-paced offense - pulling that on a rookie QB was unforgivable IMO.
Yeah, I wouldn't say the Bungles game would have been a win, but definitely the Browns and Chefs game. And had EJ stayed healthy all pre-season AND regular season, I could see a win in the season opener and/or the Atlanta game.