• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

10 Things You Should Know - Fred Jackson

1. During his senior year, 13 of his teammates signed letters of intent to play college football, but he didn’t receive any offers. Fred received zero.
    2. Jackson tried out for the Packers, Bears and Broncos before playing indoor football in 2004-2005 (he was paid $200 per week). All AFL teams passed on Jackson.
    3. His number was retired by the Sioux City Bandits
    4. Jacksons childhood home was torn down to make way for the Jerry World (Cowboys Stadium).
    5. In 2009 Jackson became the first player in NFL history with 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 kickoff return yards.
    6. Since Marshawn Lynch was traded in favor of Jackson, Jackson has averaged slightly more YPC. 4.45 > 4.22
    7. Fred Jackson wears #22 as a tribute to Emmitt Smith.
    8. Fred’s mom was an assistant coach on his first football team.
    9. Jackson and Kyle Williams are the only two Bills acquired during Marv Levy’s time as GM.
    10. Jackson is the oldest RB in the NFL. And he is 1 of 5 over 30 that is an active contributor to the offense.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: 10 Things You Should Know - Fred Jackson

11. Fred Jackson and Marv Levy both played college football at Coe College

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

#4 always slayed me. First guy to ever play a true "home" game when we traveled to Dallas.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        11. Fred Jackson and Marv Levy both played college football at Coe College
        11.1- At the same time!
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

and both Fred Jackson and Thurman Thomas just retweeted this in the last 5 minutes….
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
          X