X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snow1989
    • Sep 2003

What about Kesler?

Explore the pulse of the sports world with FanNation, brought to you by Sports Illustrated. Engage with top stories, expert insights, and curated content from all major sports teams and leagues, all in one dynamic platform.

So what about taking a run at Ryan Kesler? Rumor has it he definitely wants out of vancouver. ( link included if I did it right )

I understand at 29/30 yrs old he may want to go to a contender, but should we even try making a run at him? And if we do at what price?

2010-11 was his best season....otherwise he seems a 25-30 a season guy with 30 assists ( average ) a season so I wouldn't be willing to trade a boat load of assets or sell the farm to get him........curious what the forum thinks.
    I've upped my standards...now up yours
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: What about Kesler?

id love him on the sabres, but again, i wouldnt trade the farm for him. i doubt the sabres have the assets to make that move without moving significant pieces that they are going to use for the future. you dont mortgage the future in the rebuild for a 30 year old vet.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Meh.. this past season he had 43 points.. Ideally any veterans they bring aboard this offseason would be on a 1 year contract and wouldn't help them that much

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

wait, is he a UFA or trade bait?
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
          wait, is he a UFA or trade bait?
          Trade bait he has 2 years left on his deal.. Apparently the Canuck brass are begging him to give there rebuild a chance and to stick it out.. I think it is a given he would not want to be a Sabre anytime soon..
          Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 05-27-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X