PDA

View Full Version : Adam McQuaid

The King
05-27-2014, 03:07 PM
I have a funny feeling that the Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid is going to end up on the Sabres. McQuaid has likely lost his spot to the younger and cheaper Kevan Miller. But that's not because McQuaid is less of a player. He's simply too injury prone.

Here's why he makes sense for the Sabres. He's tough, he can fight and he can fight well. He doesn't make many mistakes and he's a true defenseman, he doesn't get out of position on offense, he's got good size and a nice reach.

The Bruins will be looking to clear cap and probably only expecting draft picks in return. His injury history will hurt his value, but a team like Buffalo would be wise to take a chance on him. They have picks to spare and when healthy he's a top 4 guy on your roster.

I also think Marchand is going to end up in some pretty serious trade discussions, but probably not in Buffalo.

JATMtheJATM
05-27-2014, 03:42 PM
funny. id like to have mcquaid in buffalo. and yes, the sabres have a plethora of picks to use, and i assume theyll use some to trade for established players this summer. but i doubt the sabres will move high picks. also, the sabres and bruins never make trades. i dont see it happening.

The King
05-27-2014, 03:51 PM
funny. id like to have mcquaid in buffalo. and yes, the sabres have a plethora of picks to use, and i assume theyll use some to trade for established players this summer. but i doubt the sabres will move high picks. also, the sabres and bruins never make trades. i dont see it happening.

Realistically I think he's worth a 3rd.

JATMtheJATM
05-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Realistically I think he's worth a 3rd.

if thats what it took, id make that move. let risto and pysyk develop in the AHL for another season.

chernobylwraiths
05-28-2014, 10:36 AM
eventually, Risto and Pysyk need to play with the big boys, and sooner rather than later. I don't see getting another d-man with all the young d-men the Sabres already have. Just doesn't make much sense unless they start unloading players.

OpIv37
05-28-2014, 11:06 AM
I hate trades within the division.

From Buffalo's standpoint, that 3rd could become a top 6 fwd who makes a career scoring on us.

From Boston's standpoint, if McQuaid stays healthy, you just gave us the tough top 4 defender that we lack and hastened the rebuilding process.

And if one of those things happen and the other doesn't, it greatly affects the talent gap between two teams that play 5x a year and compete for playoff position (or will, if the Sabres ever stop sucking).

It's just too risky.

JATMtheJATM
05-28-2014, 11:43 AM
eventually, Risto and Pysyk need to play with the big boys, and sooner rather than later. I don't see getting another d-man with all the young d-men the Sabres already have. Just doesn't make much sense unless they start unloading players.

they do hve to play with the big boys, but they are still really young and raw. pysyk is probably ready for fulltime NHL duty. risto could use another year or so in the AHL, but hes getting really close. just hate the idea of ruining players by throwing them into the fire.

but if they did trade for mcquaid, guess they could always move weber. hes regressed badly.

Ginger Vitis
05-28-2014, 02:19 PM
From Buffalo's standpoint, that 3rd could become a top 6 fwd who makes a career scoring on us.

That is the Darcy Regier way of thinking

OpIv37
05-28-2014, 06:38 PM
That is the Darcy Regier way of thinking

No, it's smart thinking.

No trades within the division, ever. No exceptions.

The King
05-29-2014, 09:02 AM
The Bruins trade with the Mapleleafs worked out ok.

Dr. Lecter
05-29-2014, 10:02 AM
No, it's smart thinking.

No trades within the division, ever. No exceptions.

That's silly especially with wild cards coming from either division now.
Limiting yourself in trade partners is piss poor Buffalo thinking

The King
05-29-2014, 10:04 AM
That's silly especially with wild cards coming from either division now.
Limiting yourself in trade partners is piss poor Buffalo thinking
Especially when you're getting a player from a winning culture that could be pretty valuable.

OpIv37
05-29-2014, 10:21 AM
The Bruins trade with the Mapleleafs worked out ok.

If you're talking about the Kessel deal, the Leafs got fleeced and it helped their div rivals win a Cup and make several deep playoff runs while the Leafs were playing golf.

JATMtheJATM
05-29-2014, 10:29 AM
the leafs did get fleeced. but i wouldnt eliminate any teams from potential trading partners in a rebuild. if you see a chance to upgrade or get youth, you take it, IMO.

The King
05-29-2014, 12:46 PM
If you're talking about the Kessel deal, the Leafs got fleeced and it helped their div rivals win a Cup and make several deep playoff runs while the Leafs were playing golf.
Sarcasm.

We're not talking a ground breaking franchise trading deal here though. We're talking about players who can come in and contribute immediately, opposed to the potential of a mid-round pick.

coastal
05-29-2014, 01:05 PM
I am not Quaid.