PDA

View Full Version : Sabres sign 6th rd. 2012 draft pick goalie Ullmark to 3 yr entry level deal

DetDannyWilliams
05-27-2014, 03:47 PM
During the 2013-14 season, the Lugnvik, Sweden native played 35 games for MODO in the Swedish Hockey League, registering a 2.08 goals-against average and .931 save percentage and was awarded the Honken Trophy as the Swedish Goaltender of the Year.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=720853&navid=DL|BUF|home

:bigwave: Enroth

JATMtheJATM
05-27-2014, 04:11 PM
ullmark needs AHL time. this does not spell the end of enroth.

however, itll be interesting to see if the sabres want to hand the backup job to hackett, who played well in buffalo but not rochester (though, his knee injury is likely pretty serious, so maybe hes not even an option at this point.) and they have neuvirth who will likely remain with the sabres next year unless he is moved.

signing ullmark doesnt mean anything to the current goalie logjam in buffalo. however, since being drafted, ullmarks stock has risen, and he has some potential. i could see him being like makarov, where he isnt expected to be anything, but develops and actually can contribute.

makarov, as we remember, got the call to rochester and really played strongly down the stretch.

Dude
05-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Signing a 2012 6th rounder = getting rid of the goalie in the org with the most NHL experience?

Yeah, that totally makes sense.

JATMtheJATM
05-29-2014, 11:48 AM
reports are that ullmark will play next season for MODO before coming over in 2015-16.

trapezeus
05-29-2014, 04:14 PM
hopefully all this goalie depth can turn up one bona-fide star. The injuries last year were ridiculous at the end of the season. I thought Neuvirth looked ok in his couple games. Enroth i think could be a nice short term goalie on a team rotating two goalies. however, he doesn't seem to be great as a backup as he doesn't do well in short assignments, and he's streaky even on longer assignments.

coastal
05-29-2014, 05:11 PM
There's something wrong with enroth. He doesn't see things well or doesn't move right.

something about him screams "I'm about to get lit up."

JATMtheJATM
05-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Enroth is very robotic. not very fluid.

Ginger Vitis
05-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Thatcher Demko..Mason McDonald or Alex Nedeljkovic with one of the 2nd Rounders please

trapezeus
05-30-2014, 08:03 AM
enroth is streaky. he has had a couple good runs and then others that have been pitiful. hard to figure him out. i know he isn't a long term solutino at this point,but he is buying us time as other develop. seems like a lot of goalies in the mix