PDA

View Full Version : EJ still having some knee issues

Skooby
05-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Jonah Javad ‏@JonahJavad 1m
EJ Manuel escapes pocket during drill. Comes up a little gimpy. Grabs left knee. Did not go to sideline. Still taking reps. #Bills

THATHURMANATOR
05-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Thats great!

Skooby
05-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Thats great!

He looks fine after an update from the same guy but........same as it ever was.

Fletch
05-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm sure he's still having mental issues too.

Yasgur's Farm
05-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Jonah Javad‏<s>@</s>JonahJavad<small class="time">52 mins (http://www.billszone.com/JonahJavad/status/471689211360595968)</small>I wouldn't stress the EJ limping. It was very brief and he returned to the drill immediately. Just passing along what I see. <s>#</s>Bills (http://www.billszone.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash)

gebobs
05-28-2014, 12:04 PM
Are you going to let us know when he's a bit constipated for crap sake?

gr8slayer
05-28-2014, 12:36 PM
He's going to have to get over the mental hurdle that anyone with an injury history has. I don't always trust my knee when doing physical activity.

Dr. Lecter
05-28-2014, 12:50 PM
This is not having knee issues

Skooby
05-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Are you going to let us know when he's a bit constipated for crap sake?

For crap sake, yes.

kishoph
05-28-2014, 01:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/sky.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/sky_not_falling_cover_page.jpg

MikeInRoch
05-28-2014, 01:25 PM
I heard he threw an incomplete pass today too. He sucks!

WagonCircler
05-28-2014, 02:00 PM
He's grabbing his knee and limping during non-contact drills.

Nah. Nothing to be concerned about here. It's not like he has a history of missing games due to knee injuries.

Plus, everyone knows that knee injuries hardly ever happen once the actual contact starts.

Thad, grab your helmet and start warming up.

swiper
05-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Thad. Nothing to get excited about there.

Novacane
05-28-2014, 02:58 PM
spam

Turf
05-28-2014, 03:05 PM
I'll be surprised if EJ makes it out of the preseason without injury. Why this coaching staff has all their eggs in his basket is a worrisome shortcoming to say the least.

sudzy
05-28-2014, 04:34 PM
I'll be surprised if EJ makes it out of the preseason without injury. Why this coaching staff has all their eggs in his basket is a worrisome shortcoming to say the least.

The fact that Whaley and Marrone are so willing to beat their careers on EJ with no plan B is mind boggling. He is completely unproven and injury prone on top of it.

lightningbolt444
05-28-2014, 04:39 PM
The fact that Whaley and Marrone are so willing to beat their careers on EJ with no plan B is mind boggling. He is completely unproven and injury prone on top of it.

Did QBs just start appearing out of no where or something? Who could they have added this offseason that solves those problems? Even if they drafted a qb they still have an unproven guy except now they have two. Thad is a back up and who knows may even perform better with a year of this system under his belt. No solid vet fa at all to speak of this offseason.

I get the want for another qb but I don't know where everyone expects one to come from.

trapezeus
05-28-2014, 04:41 PM
The only other option would have been to draft a qb this year. i was for that. i don't think there was a good option through free agency. but another qb would have pushed ej and given us an option and hopefully given him a year to develop.

i think it's insane to go into the season with ej who has injured both legs and thad (good guy and did ok) but if this is really a playoff team, he's not going to keep us going through the playoffs.

until you have a bonafide top 10 qb, i just don't think you stop looking or give someone else full reigns like that.

but what's done is done. we have to hope the direction they picked is good.

tampabay25690
05-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Jonah Javad ‏@JonahJavad 1m
EJ Manuel escapes pocket during drill. Comes up a little gimpy. Grabs left knee. Did not go to sideline. Still taking reps. #Bills

I think people are reading a little to much into it.

sudzy
05-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Did QBs just start appearing out of no where or something? Who could they have added this offseason that solves those problems?

Josh McCown

Skooby
05-28-2014, 04:58 PM
I think people are reading a little to much into it.

Yeah, EJ's knees are solid. Nothing to see here.

Woodman
05-28-2014, 05:25 PM
What veteran QB's are available?

SquishDaFish
05-28-2014, 05:27 PM
LOL little over reaction but whats new on this board. Cant wait for the season to get going that way all the haters will see we have OUR QB when he outperforms their expectations.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2014, 05:28 PM
So glad they didn't take a late round quarterback this year. Sarcasm included.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2014, 05:39 PM
LOL little over reaction but whats new on this board. Cant wait for the season to get going that way all the haters will see we have OUR QB when he outperforms their expectations.

Lay off the dope.

Night Train
05-28-2014, 05:57 PM
" He sucks ! Wolf,wolf,wolf ! "

tampabay25690
05-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Yeah, EJ's knees are solid. Nothing to see here.

Ok he had knee issues last year.
I grabbed my knee this am too!!
I saw the tweet earlier as well and knew that would get blown out of order real fast!!

Skooby
05-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Ok he had knee issues last year.
I grabbed my knee this am too!!
I saw the tweet earlier as well and knew that would get blown out of order real fast!!

I posted some knee issues in the title, it doesn't say it's terrible or a nightmare it's some knee issues. That doesn't mean it's going to be an ongoing problem forever or it's crippling him but it's still an issue. I bet when Brady had his knee issues everyone wondered if he'd still be the same, which he ended up being. It's just makes you wonder if EJ can physically make it the NFL, using last season as a guide.

SquishDaFish
05-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Lay off the dope.

You will see

Bert102176
05-28-2014, 08:48 PM
To many out there that are not willing to give the kid a chance thankfully they are not in charge if they were this team would never find a franchise QB he was a damn rookie last year like it or not he is our QB shut up and get on board or go the fu## away give the kid a chance I personally think that he will surprise everyone.

Turf
05-28-2014, 10:29 PM
To many out there that are not willing to give the kid a chance thankfully they are not in charge if they were this team would never find a franchise QB he was a damn rookie last year like it or not he is our QB shut up and get on board or go the fu## away give the kid a chance I personally think that he will surprise everyone.

well in reply to your post bert ej gets hurt every 120 th play or so cant stay healthy has accuracy issues hes limping already in practice we have no backup didn't draft a qb in the later rounds which may have been a better solution ejs a nice kid great guy love him but we need a qb.

YardRat
05-28-2014, 11:18 PM
I am as big a proponent for giving EJ the full opportunity to progress this season, but anytime a player coming off of a season like he had last year grabs a knee and limps a little, especially during non-contact drills, it will be, and should be, a concern and at least slightly newsworthy until he gets through a season injury-free.

BuffaloRedleg
05-29-2014, 02:54 AM
Guys, his knees are going to get messed up during the season regardless of how well/poorly they do now.

Just relax and stop flipping out over every shred of tiny news.

I'm not even sure which side I'm on any more.

Forward_Lateral
05-29-2014, 06:28 AM
Doesn't every NFL team but "all of their egg in one basket" with their starting QB?

Goobylal
05-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Doesn't every NFL team but "all of their egg in one basket" with their starting QB?
No. Every other team has an all-pro backup QB.

The best is people saying EJ can't stay healthy because of his knees, and then saying the Bills should/have drafted Murray or Mettenberger. Classic.

And stop talking about it unless/until he misses games due to injury. I swear I'm going to blow a gasket if every wince by EJ gets analyzed to death!

Mahdi
05-29-2014, 09:27 AM
So the Jets get Mike Vick as insurance to a healthy Geno.

We have Thad as insurance to a iffy Manuel.

I see we are all in for playoffs....

Skooby
05-29-2014, 09:46 AM
I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the pre-season, he's glass.

Bangarang
05-29-2014, 10:05 AM
EJ was asked about this and laughed and said he had an itch on his knee and he stopped to scratch it.

Meanwhile the forums are going insane over this.

EDS
05-29-2014, 10:09 AM
No. Every other team has an all-pro backup QB.

The best is people saying EJ can't stay healthy because of his knees, and then saying the Bills should/have drafted Murray or Mettenberger. Classic.

And stop talking about it unless/until he misses games due to injury. I swear I'm going to blow a gasket if every wince by EJ gets analyzed to death!

Did Murray and Mettenberger have multiple injuries in college? Moreover, in fairness, as I understand it both were drafted in later rounds (though even if healthy I doubt either is even considered a first round pick) in part because of their injury concerns, whereas EJ was a first round pick.

Yasgur's Farm
05-29-2014, 10:44 AM
EJ was asked about this and laughed and said he had an itch on his knee and he stopped to scratch it.

Meanwhile the forums are going insane over this.Actually he said he "had a scratch". That could mean he had an abrasion or an itch.

Historian
05-29-2014, 10:45 AM
...or crabs.

Gonna post that too, Skoob?

Woodman
05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Looking for a great year from E.J.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Actually he said he "had a scratch". That could mean he had an abrasion or an itch.

"'Tis but a scratch!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdSLP-qz_fw&feature=kp

CoolBreeze
05-29-2014, 11:16 AM
I would sleep alot better, if we put Manuel in a giant plastic bubble until week 1. Cause I know in my heart Gods just waiting to assure the human race once again that he still hates the Buffalo Bills.

Woodman
05-29-2014, 11:19 AM
I would sleep alot better, if we put Manuel in a giant plastic bubble until week 1. Cause I know in my heart Gods just waiting to assure the human race once again that he still hates the Buffalo Bills.

LOL !!!!!

STAY THIRSTY MY FRIEND

SquishDaFish
05-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Wow the idiot who let this news out must feel like a complete jackass now. What a dip****. WTG passing along garbage info Skooby. What you do best. EJ said he had a scratch so he itched it. Oh no the house is on fire LETS OVERREACT SOME MORE LMAO

Skooby
05-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Wow the idiot who let this news out must feel like a complete jackass now. What a dip****. WTG passing along garbage info Skooby. What you do best. EJ said he had a scratch so he itched it. Oh no the house is on fire LETS OVERREACT SOME MORE LMAO

I assume you limp after you scratch as well, right ?

Yasgur's Farm
05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
I guess that depends on what your definition of "is"... errr... I mean "limp" is.

Of course, Skooby's very familiar with the word "limp".

Skooby
05-29-2014, 06:07 PM
I guess that depends on what your definition of "is"... errr... I mean "limp" is.

Of course, Skooby's very familiar with the word "limp".

I was hit with 2 shivs, now I walk with a limp.

paladin warrior
05-29-2014, 06:39 PM
You will see
http://i.minus.com/i60NetITQ45zM.gif

paladin warrior
05-29-2014, 06:44 PM
You will see
http://i.minus.com/i60NetITQ45zM.gif

DynaPaul
05-29-2014, 07:43 PM
He was playing too much Skyrim in the off season and took an arrow in the knee.

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2014, 07:46 PM

Meanwhile the forums are going insane over this.

I'm sure that's what it was....

Goobylal
05-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Did they put EJ on IR yet? :rolleyes:

Skooby
05-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Did they put EJ on IR yet? :rolleyes:

3 knees injuries last year & we need to joke about this ?

tampabay25690
05-29-2014, 09:00 PM
We need Xanax to be Bills fans

Skooby
05-29-2014, 09:18 PM
We need Xanax to be Bills fans

It's this FL water Tampa, it makes yah crazy.

Goobylal
05-30-2014, 07:43 AM
3 knees injuries last year & we need to joke about this ?
It was in response to the PMSing over EJ allegedly grabbing his knee and limping for a few seconds in Wed's OTA's.

streetkings01
05-30-2014, 03:26 PM
The only other option would have been to draft a qb this year. i was for that. i don't think there was a good option through free agency. but another qb would have pushed ej and given us an option and hopefully given him a year to develop.

i think it's insane to go into the season with ej who has injured both legs and thad (good guy and did ok) but if this is really a playoff team, he's not going to keep us going through the playoffs.

until you have a bonafide top 10 qb, i just don't think you stop looking or give someone else full reigns like that.

but what's done is done. we have to hope the direction they picked is good.
Whats the difference with drafting a guy and developing him for a year and just developing Thad, Tuel or Dixon who are all in year 2 of this offense?

Mr. Pink
05-30-2014, 04:10 PM
EJ is gonna have issues with his knees his entire career however long/short that ends up being.

Goobylal
05-30-2014, 08:30 PM
EJ is gonna have issues with his knees his entire career however long/short that ends up being.
Based on...what? Your MD degree? Intimate knowledge of his knee structures? A crystal ball?

Mace
05-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Guys, his knees are going to get messed up during the season regardless of how well/poorly they do now.

Just relax and stop flipping out over every shred of tiny news.

I was sort of fine with Manuel being a good shot at maybe. Then my friend brought up his skinny little legs.

Yanno, he does have skinny little legs. Bugs me now. "A mobile qb cannot have skinny little legs"......."the hell you say"......"well ?"...."um".....

I don't even care what side I'm on anymore, I'll be happy when it plays out and it is over and done with.

I sort of feel the same about Whaley/Marrone. Just move it along if we have to so I can. These yearly maybes get me excited, but I'm getting tired of them anyway. Go Bills ! with whoever wins please.....

I'm not even sure which side I'm on any more, either.

swiper
05-31-2014, 04:32 AM
What veteran QB's are available?

Josh Freeman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/30/giants-release-josh-freeman/

(I kid of course.)

JoeMama
05-31-2014, 09:52 AM
EJ was plagued with injuries at FSU too

He's 24 years old.

And with all the knee problems he had last year, logic would dictate that knee problems don't get better as one ages.

I don't think you're looking at a guy who will be playing in the NFL into his 30's.

The last buffalo fan
05-31-2014, 10:02 AM

He's 24 years old.

And with all the knee problems he had last year, logic would dictate that knee problems don't get better as one ages.

I don't think you're looking at a guy who will be playing in the NFL into his 30's.

I as a Buffalo Bills fan, can't wait for 6 more years to get a ****ing SB ring, so it is ok with me if he wins it at the age of 25-27. Go ****ing Bills, go ****ing Buffalo!

better days
05-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Josh Freeman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/30/giants-release-josh-freeman/

(I kid of course.)

His rookie year, Freeman looked like he was going to develop into a GOOD QB.

But he does not have the work ethic of EJ Manuel.

He was LAZY, didn't study or work out. Got FAT.

A once promising career down the tubes.

pmoon6
05-31-2014, 12:22 PM
"E.J. Manuel Sucks".......

swiper
05-31-2014, 01:42 PM
"E.J. Manuel Sucks".......

What do you base that on? Do you have a degree in that? Intimate knowledge of the sucking structure? Crystal Ball?

Skooby
05-31-2014, 01:53 PM
EJ has to show he can stay healthy, which to this point hasn't happened.

pmoon6
05-31-2014, 02:14 PM
What do you base that on? Do you have a degree in that? Intimate knowledge of the sucking structure? Crystal Ball?It's a sarcastic comment made to poke fun at "the realists".

On another note, if you want to start ****, don't be surprised when you get it in return.

Then you can call your lawyer.......descriptive adjective and insult removed so the sensitive don't get offended.

swiper
05-31-2014, 03:16 PM
It's a sarcastic comment made to poke fun at "the realists".

On another note, if you want to start ****, don't be surprised when you get it in return.

Then you can call your lawyer.......descriptive adjective and insult removed so the sensitive don't get offended.

I wasn't starting **** old man. My post was a reference to post number 62 in this thread.

pmoon6
06-01-2014, 05:04 AM
I wasn't starting **** old man. My post was a reference to post number 62 in this thread.Please don't call me "old man". I prefer "venerable one" or "sensei", my young Padawan.

swiper
06-01-2014, 05:06 AM
Please don't call me "old man". I prefer "venerable one" or "sensei", my young Padawan.

I don't know what you consider young, but I just suffered through my first screening colonoscopy.

pmoon6
06-01-2014, 07:09 AM
I don't know what you consider young, but I just suffered through my first screening colonoscopy.HaHa. Anyone under 50 is young in my book. Thanks for the unintended reminder. I need to get a colonoscopy. I kept putting it off, then I lost my insurance. I now have it and need to git 'er done.

JoeMama
06-01-2014, 09:19 AM
HaHa. Anyone under 50 is young in my book. Thanks for the unintended reminder. I need to get a colonoscopy. I kept putting it off, then I lost my insurance. I now have it and need to git 'er done.

My heart goes out to you because that whole process sounds like pure ****ing misery.

On the plus side, I think they give you a bunch of drugs for it. Hooray, drugs.

The Popcorn
06-01-2014, 10:18 AM

No. They draft a QB every year, like some of the smart guys in here would do, because the starting QB will get hurt every year or they will suck.

Goobylal
06-01-2014, 08:44 PM
My heart goes out to you because that whole process sounds like pure ****ing misery.

On the plus side, I think they give you a bunch of drugs for it. Hooray, drugs.
Or one drug, if you're lucky: propofol.

swiper
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Or one drug, if you're lucky: propofol.

Had it. The anesthesiologist told me that that is a better drug than the midazolam they used to use, but it's use requires an anesthesiologist be present. The midazolam doesn't, but it is less predictable. He said a lot of people would wake up in the middle of the procedure with the latter.

Mr. Pink
06-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Based on...what? Your MD degree? Intimate knowledge of his knee structures? A crystal ball?

Historical reference.

What player, hell what person, has ever had knee surgery on both not even one knee and didn't have consistent problems with it?

It doesn't take a M.D. or D.O. to figure this shiz out. But don't worry the next time he grabs his knee, he'll have a bug on it or something that he's just trying to remove, right? Just like he was scratching it this time cuz it itched. :rofl:

Mr. Pink
06-02-2014, 04:38 PM

He's 24 years old.

Facts suck. Don't introduce facts into an argument. You don't have an MD so you can't possibly know these things.

He's gonna wake up tomorrow and feel fine and never have knee pain again!

Or he's going to get bionic knees installed so that when a player tackles him low they get hit square in the jaw with titanium.

SquishDaFish
06-02-2014, 04:48 PM
You do realize his so called surgeries really werent serious yes? Its not like he had two knee replacements.

Goobylal
06-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Historical reference.

What player, hell what person, has ever had knee surgery on both not even one knee and didn't have consistent problems with it?
Thurman Thomas.

It doesn't take a M.D. or D.O. to figure this shiz out. But don't worry the next time he grabs his knee, he'll have a bug on it or something that he's just trying to remove, right? Just like he was scratching it this time cuz it itched. :rofl:
Yeah, that scratch was severe enough to knock him out of the rest of OTA's. Oh, wait a minute!

Turf
06-02-2014, 08:22 PM
EJ has to seriously smarten up and pick his spots to run, and get down. He has to realize his value to the team. He cannot be a running QB. This whole fake the QB rollout hand the ball off to the HB up the middle thing has to end. If it doesn't, the OC should be fired immediately. EJ needs to develop into a pocket passer with accuracy, who has the speed to run and get out of bounds when necessary. He is NOT going to run the option, he won't last. If he gets put in that position the coaching staff needs to be fired.

Skooby
06-02-2014, 08:31 PM
EJ has to seriously smarten up and pick his spots to run, and get down. He has to realize his value to the team. He cannot be a running QB. This whole fake the QB rollout hand the ball off to the HB up the middle thing has to end. If it doesn't, the OC should be fired immediately. EJ needs to develop into a pocket passer with accuracy, who has the speed to run and get out of bounds when necessary. He is NOT going to run the option, he won't last. If he gets put in that position the coaching staff needs to be fired.

He can run but run out of bounds & we don't need an extra couple yards with him getting hurt, there's always another play. Even Brady grounds the ball if it's a messed up play, don't sacrifice yourself.

gebobs
06-06-2014, 10:48 AM
You do realize his so called surgeries really werent serious yes? Its not like he had two knee replacements.

Defensive lineman will be like sharks with the scent of blood in the water.

stuckincincy
06-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Had it. The anesthesiologist told me that that is a better drug than the midazolam they used to use, but it's use requires an anesthesiologist be present. The midazolam doesn't, but it is less predictable. He said a lot of people would wake up in the middle of the procedure with the latter.

I had a fentanyl/valium mix for ones that I've had. I was told that I wake up, but since I never remembered a thing during the procedures, I won't take the risk that propofol presents, nor dump needless $ into the pocket of an anesthesiologist.

Skooby
06-06-2014, 02:11 PM
I had a fentanyl/valium mix for ones that I've had. I was told that I wake up, but since I never remembered a thing during the procedures, I won't take the risk that propofol presents, nor dump needless $ into the pocket of an anesthesiologist.

My wife's anes... during her childbirths was always very funny, he laughed all the way to the bank. I swear it was $800 a time, geez.

stuckincincy
06-06-2014, 02:23 PM
My wife's anes... during her childbirths was always very funny, he laughed all the way to the bank. I swear it was $800 a time, geez.

Are you thinking that a gastro and an anes have fee-splitting arrangements? Mercy me!

Goobylal
06-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Well, after the first time, you could have told your wife "an epidural is too expensive honey, you're getting just Demerol this time!" That would have gone over real well. But hey, it would have saved you money.

stuckincincy
06-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Well, after the first time, you could have told your wife "an epidural is too expensive honey, you're getting just Demerol this time!" That would have gone over real well. But hey, it would have saved you money.

You don't need an epidural to welp...if the history of our species counts. And women chronically throw it into men's face about the pain. They can keep their pants on and their legs closed, and stop saying that they didn't realize that the man had a loaded "gun."

Goobylal
06-06-2014, 03:07 PM
You don't need an epidural to welp...if the history of our species counts. And women chronically throw it into men's face about the pain. They can keep their pants on and their legs closed, and stop saying that they didn't realize that the man had a loaded "gun."
You don't need a lot of things. Most of them are wants.

Skooby
06-08-2014, 06:40 PM

You must be a single guy, no one married is this big a douche.