Golisano to team up with Scott Congel, build south Buffalo stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Golisano to team up with Scott Congel, build south Buffalo stadium?

Don't miss an update on the latest NFL news. Follow for scores, news, stats, and more.

Interesting.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Golisano to team up with Scott Congel, build south Buffalo stadium?

I like the Riverbend site. Open to a lot of secondary development and within a 2 mile drive of downtown. That site could really spark development of everything between it and the waterfront in the long run. It would take a 20-30 year vision to make sense of it, but I think it offers the best location of the bunch, unless there's a strong feeling that you can build in the Perry St. area east of First Niagara.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Congel was previously a principal at Pyramid. He has most recently run into difficulties attempting to redevelop the Medley Centre mall outside of Rochester. The mall is now vacant.

Earlier this month, The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reported that Monroe County officials voted to declare that Congel was in default of his tax deal by failing to invest at least $165 million to redevelop the property.

This might not help in the eyes of the rest of the owners when it comes to league approval.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        Congel was previously a principal at Pyramid. He has most recently run into difficulties attempting to redevelop the Medley Centre mall outside of Rochester. The mall is now vacant.

Earlier this month, The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reported that Monroe County officials voted to declare that Congel was in default of his tax deal by failing to invest at least $165 million to redevelop the property.

This might not help in the eyes of the rest of the owners when it comes to league approval.
        A failed developer, wow he's a perfect partner in Buffalo. Can we bring Bells back with 90% off ?

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

A lot of people licking their chops over the prospect of making money in Buffalo.

The Bills are easy money here. We like them if they stink or if they are good.

It is almost as close to a zero risk investment you can have.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

maybe it's an issue. but if his company is a $5bn company, a $165MM dispute isn't that huge of a deal and most likely just part of the negotiation to get what you want.

i don't really like a west seneca stadium, but again, if that's the bid that wins, i'm all for it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I don't know where you're going to fit a stadium and parking in West Seneca of all places.

There isn't even enough parking space at the Southgate Plaza.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

Here's a nice story with pictures of how well Medley Center is doing under Scott Congel...

Updated: 03/07/2014 5:43 PM Created: 03/07/2014 4:03 PM WHEC.com By: Brett Davidsen There have been pictures released of the recent water damage from outside of the Medley Centre. But News10NBC is …
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    I don't know where you're going to fit a stadium and parking in West Seneca of all places.

There isn't even enough parking space at the Southgate Plaza.
                    27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                      Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                      • Feb 2013

here's a picture thanks to my grandma who used to live West Seneca (why she took a picture of it I have no idea) what the old Seneca Mall used to look like, as you can see in the picture the Mall was big enough of a football stadium of it's own with a roof the footprint of it was a huge square.

seneca.JPG

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

It would never fit.

The only place I could see it going in WS is over by Bob O Links golf course, which is really closer to OP.

By Eb.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

It would never fit.

The only place I could see it going in WS is over by Bob O Links golf course, which is really closer to OP.

By Eb.
                          If you watch the video DetDanny Williams put up it shows a map that shows a lot of room for a Stadium & more at the location Congel owns.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

It would never fit.

By Eb.
                            It would fit but there of course wouldn't nearly be the parking we have now.

This site is in walking distance from my house which would be cool but I still would rather it be down town.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                              It would fit but there of course wouldn't nearly be the parking we have now.

This site is in walking distance from my house which would be cool but I still would rather it be down town.
                              Yeah, because there would be plenty of parking Downtown.

Comment

Working...
                              X