PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly completes radiation

MidnightVoice
05-29-2014, 11:29 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10996762/jim-kelly-former-buffalo-bills-qb-completes-final-round-radiation

early two months after beginning treatments for sinus cancer, former Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly completed his final round of radiation Wednesday.

His wife, Jill, shared the moment with an Instagram photo. She also took to Twitter to express her thanks:

Kelly completed his final chemotherapy treatment last week. After beginning his treatments outside New York City in April, Kelly returned home to Buffalo, New York, for Easter and has remained in the area.

Dr. Peter D. Costantino, who led Kelly's treatment at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, said last month that Kelly's cancer remained "very treatable and potentially curable."

"At the conclusion of chemotherapy and radiation, we will wait two to three months to determine the status of his cancer before deciding if surgery will be necessary," Costantino said in an April 1 statement.

The last buffalo fan
05-29-2014, 01:31 PM
:pray: :remainstrongjimbo: :gobills:

Mike13
05-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Good for him.

trapezeus
05-29-2014, 04:11 PM
the pictures of him are pretty impressive. chemo is no joke (or at least my experiences of seeing friend and family go through it). it really wears you down. the guy is all smiles and making the room of doctors and nurses and patients smile as well. That's quite a personality.

Happy that one stage on his path of recovery is done. It's a tough one and he's shown a lot of strength and courage publically when he could have retreated privately and dealt with the difficulties alone. being so public about it i think has helped a lot of others going through the same thing. or at least i hope it did.

WagonCircler
05-30-2014, 12:48 PM
The pictures are impressive, but the video is heartbreaking. It's really hard to watch him struggle to speak.

Luisito23
05-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Love you Jim...God Bless, and I have faith that you will get through this.