PDA

View Full Version : Tice to Bills- Go ahead, Make my day- 1on1 with Moss

LouGrant
09-13-2002, 07:00 AM
VIKINGS REPORT: A little double dare
BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Vikings coach Mike Tice answered playful comments through the media from Buffalo defensive coordinator Jerry Gray with advice on how the Bills might defend receiver Randy Moss.

Wednesday, Gray lightheartedly dared Tice to leave quarterback Daunte Culpepper alone in the backfield, making him more vulnerable to a blitz. If that were to happen, Gray said, the Bills would cover Moss one on one.

Asked Thursday about that possibility, Tice said: "I don't even want to think about it because I don't think anyone is foolish enough in this league to go one on one with Randy Moss for a multitude of times. I think you'll see some one-on-one coverage with Randy Moss against this team because they like to blitz. I don't know that they'll make a steady habit of it. If they do, he'll definitely be on my Christmas list."...

...MORE... (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/nfl/minnesota_vikings/4062640.htm)

Jeff1220
09-13-2002, 09:45 AM
I hope Nate is up for the challenge and shows Moss his stuff.

lordofgun
09-13-2002, 09:47 AM
Moss will not have 100 yards!

TedMock
09-13-2002, 10:23 AM
With all great receivers there's alway's one corner that has his number and vice versa. I'm hoping Clements is the one who has Moss' number and it's not the other way around. I'm betting on big plays from both guys though since a lot of balls will go toward Moss whether he's open or not, so at least they'll see a lot of action.

lordofgun
09-13-2002, 10:35 AM
If we can get to Culpepper (big if), I don't think they'll even come close to us.

With a scrambling QB, our guys have to be careful not to overpursue and get crazy.

Contain Culpepper = Bills win.

Easier said than done, but that's how I think it'll turn out.

casdhf
09-13-2002, 10:54 AM
Just Put Clements and Winfield on him, like they double the Gunners :rolleyes:

Kicker22705
09-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
With all great receivers there's alway's one corner that has his number and vice versa. I'm hoping Clements is the one who has Moss' number and it's not the other way around. I'm betting on big plays from both guys though since a lot of balls will go toward Moss whether he's open or not, so at least they'll see a lot of action.

Isn't that wierd. I can honestly say Ty Law has Moulds' number just about everytime they match up and Moulds' always has Sam Madison's number. It should be interesting how this will effect moulds now that he has Bledsoe throwing to him.

JayWood
09-13-2002, 01:49 PM
Clements and Winfield are ready for the test, and will hold their own against Randy Moss. What Iam waiting to see is a Moss catch over the middle, and then he gets his head taken off by a hit from Wire. You can tell the times are a changin in Buffalo, I actually feel good about winning the game, and we are traveling to Minnesota. Lets go boys, Iam tired of the "L's" lets get a damn "W" !!!

DraftBoy
09-13-2002, 03:47 PM
I would prefer Winfield vs. Moss over Clements vs. Moss. I like the better pure cover guy and better tackler to play against the other teams best wr. I would love to see Daunte throw a screen to Moss and have Winfield flip him head over heels, ala Franck Wychek.

ublinkwescore
09-14-2002, 06:36 AM
Or Fletcher pretending Moss is Riemersma, and doing the same - or better yet, Keith Newman pretending he's Curtis Martin.

4thAndLong
09-14-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by JayWood
Clements and Winfield are ready for the test, and will hold their own against Randy Moss. What Iam waiting to see is a Moss catch over the middle, and then he gets his head taken off by a hit from Wire. You can tell the times are a changin in Buffalo, I actually feel good about winning the game, and we are traveling to Minnesota. Lets go boys, Iam tired of the "L's" lets get a damn "W" !!!

Moulds doesn't have Madison's number, before the game at the Ralph, Madison had Moulds' number, I'm looking for stats right now...

I would prefer Winfield vs. Moss over Clements vs. Moss. I like the better pure cover guy and better tackler to play against the other teams best wr. I would love to see Daunte throw a screen to Moss and have Winfield flip him head over heels, ala Franck Wychek.

Winfield is the better tackler, but not by much. I think the reasons Clements will be on him are...

1. Height
2. To gain experience on a great receiver like Moss, Clements doesn't play a WR like him too much and playing one would help him tremendously

:drool:

TigerJ
09-14-2002, 12:02 PM
I buy the height reasoning 4thAndLong, but the team will choose matchups on the basis of what gives us the best chance to win, not which player will benefit most from the experience.