PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get a feeling...

Yasgur's Farm
05-30-2014, 08:10 PM
... Look for Fred Jackson as a surprise non-Bill before season start. Just a hunch.

Mace
05-30-2014, 08:19 PM
I sure don't see it. Sort of see him being the very last Bill playing a dollar a game and one legging it into people heavily.

swiper
05-31-2014, 05:08 AM
Fred Jackson is Bills royalty at this point. Unless there is some injury that we don't know about he gets a roster spot based on past performance alone.

YardRat
05-31-2014, 05:14 AM
Yeah, that would be the ultimate stunner at this point.

swiper
05-31-2014, 05:28 AM
Although, I would not be stunned if this turned out to be his final season. I hope he has one more magical, "I'm going to prove everyone wrong" season left in him. He's an old-style football player in the new world NFL.

Mr. Miyagi
05-31-2014, 06:56 AM
... Look for Fred Jackson as a surprise non-Bill before season start. Just a hunch.
Random dart on the board.

X-Era
05-31-2014, 07:14 AM
I went down this road last year and ended up being wrong.

To me the real difference would be adding Dixon and especially Brown. It could be a numbers game.

But, the team love Freddy and he's earned the right to end his career as a Bill.

DynaPaul
05-31-2014, 07:46 AM
Wingo will be gone before Freddy.

Fletch
05-31-2014, 07:53 AM

I don't see it either for as much as I see his production declining this season.

The team has gotten more out of him for the money that they've paid him than any other player in Bills' history.

He was a better RB than Lynch but because Lynch was a 1st-rounder he got all the carries while the better RB sat. FJ's a better receiving option too.

Then came Spiller and Jackson suffered then too for the same reasons despite Spiller sucking in his first two seasons.

The team owes Jackson. I'm not much for paying players "after," but Jackson deserves it.

Having said that, he'll have to know when to quit graciously.

PromoTheRobot
05-31-2014, 08:02 AM
Wasn't because Joe B said Dixon had a good OTA, was it?

Yasgur's Farm
05-31-2014, 08:17 AM
No doubt FJ has been all that... But this is the point of a career where the bottom can drop out in an instant (kinda like McGee). That instant is coming IMO.

SquishDaFish
05-31-2014, 08:28 AM
After this season yes but not now. Wont happen

Yasgur's Farm
05-31-2014, 08:33 AM
We'll see if he can answer the bell. If he can, he's a Bill.

GvilleBills
05-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Every year, smh

Thurmal
05-31-2014, 09:31 AM
I love these posts. Does the "Fred Jackson could be cut" crowd actually watch the games? He's been the best player of the team for, like, five years.

Turf
05-31-2014, 09:40 AM
No way Freddie's leaving this year.

The last buffalo fan
05-31-2014, 10:16 AM
Maybe that feeling is a Cholesterol related thing.

Oh, and I still hate that ****ing cheff!

Ed
05-31-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't see Freddy getting cut, but it's not like he's Thurman Thomas and even Thurman got cut. As much as fans may love a player, the NFL is still a cut-throat business and not exactly kind to 33+ year old RB's.

JoeMama
05-31-2014, 10:58 AM

While we greatly appreciate your "feelings" on this topic -- F-Jax isn't going anywhere this year.

This may be his last season as a Bill, but he will be here this season.

Yasgur's Farm
05-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Just to be clear...

1) I love FJ
2) I'm not basing my "feeling" on last year's or any past years production
3) Also not basing anything from OTA's other than maybe not seeing him in any highlights

better days
05-31-2014, 11:42 AM
Just to be clear...

1) I love FJ
2) I'm not basing my "feeling" on last year's or any past years production
3) Also not basing anything from OTA's other than maybe not seeing him in any highlights

OTA highlights?

LMAO.

Crisis
05-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Didn't you start this same thread after a preseason game last year?

Meathead
05-31-2014, 06:32 PM
it would suck but i wouldnt be all that shocked

this absolutely is going to be freddys last season in any kind of a featured back role, even if its a two-player platoon like it has been. in fact its most likely that happens during this season as i expect bryce brown will create a three-headed platoon and eventually overtake freddies ppg as the season progresses. thats certainly not all bad as they can minimize wear on freddies ancient bones and hopefully keep him available for key plays all season (and playoffs!)

i do expect freddie to noticeably hit the wall this season tho. he shocked the hell out of me by NOT hitting that wall last season, but hes not magical. at least i dont think he is, and he cant avoid slowing down sometime really soon. id bet the house its going to be this year. he might get next season as a third down back somewhere (maybe even here) but his status as a prime carrier is almost over

Woodman
05-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Love Fred Jackson having said that it's still always about contribution.

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2014, 10:21 PM

Absolutely not. He has more heart than the rest of the backs on the team.

TacklingDummy
06-01-2014, 06:07 AM
I love these posts. Does the "Fred Jackson could be cut" crowd actually watch the games? He's been the best player of the team for, like, five years.

I don't understand the hate for Fred Jackson around here.
Hate someone who performs (fred) and love someone who doesn't(EJ).
Makes sense to me.

Yasgur's Farm
06-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Didn't you start this same thread after a preseason game last year?Nope

The Popcorn
06-01-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't see him going anywhere unless his contract is an issue. I don't know what he's getting paid but he's been earning it.

Fletch
06-01-2014, 09:50 AM
I don't see Freddy getting cut, but it's not like he's Thurman Thomas and even Thurman got cut. As much as fans may love a player, the NFL is still a cut-throat business and not exactly kind to 33+ year old RB's.

Thurman didn't get screwed either.

In fact, if anything he screwed himself.

Fletch
06-01-2014, 09:51 AM
I don't understand the hate for Fred Jackson around here.
Hate someone who performs (fred) and love someone who doesn't(EJ).
Makes sense to me.

I'm with you. That's because we're not real fans.

Meathead
06-01-2014, 10:16 AM
i remember when they cut the big three. it was awful, ppl were understandably upset, but it was the right thing to do. thurman and andre were shells of their former selves and didnt do anything after leaving. bruce had quite a bit left but he seemed like he just wanted to try someplace else and the bills were relieved to get rid of his contract during a roster reload period

jimbo seemed to hang on just a bit too long. if they could only keep one all career it had to be him, but it woulda been nice if one of the other guys could have been a one team man too

Historian
06-02-2014, 07:14 AM
If it were my team, I would immediately offer F Jax into a RB Coach role once the Coaches felt he could no longer compete.

Imagine the knowledge he could pass on.

trapezeus
06-02-2014, 09:11 AM
the thing that makes it unlikely is that Fred is a consumate pro. If he's starting or on the sideline healthy to play, the guy is into it. and he has the respect of the locker-room. I think he's got one more year in him. a surprise cut isn't helping this team. saving money isn't helping this team.

if he was slow and bad and a mope-er, i see the argument. but he's still a leader. the only way i see him getting cut is via the IR list prior to season start. And i think that would be a big negative to start the season on.