PDA

View Full Version : Other Than Pears, Why Cut Any Good Vets ?

Night Train
05-31-2014, 03:45 PM
If Hariston is healthy and the kid form the U stays clean, I can see Pears leaving and saving 2-3 Mil...but some here list Vets like Fred Jackson and others as possible cuts...why ?

If a younger guy is elevated to the starting lineup, that's great... but we screamed about depth concerns at various positions for years. Now it looks decent.

Backups with experience are always a good thing and the Bills are not in any cap trouble.

Let's keep our wits.

YardRat
05-31-2014, 03:57 PM
I'd still like to add a vet center for depth, that can swing to guard in a pinch, actually.

Homegrown
05-31-2014, 05:12 PM
well, there is that TJ Graham feller .. oops, you did say "good vets", forget I mentioned # 11

swiper
05-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Camp will be god this year. Talented choices at most positions. Let the best man win. Be it vet or rookie.

DraftBoy
05-31-2014, 07:21 PM
I think there is a balance to be struck between keeping your depth and making sure guys are earning their jobs.

stuckincincy
06-01-2014, 01:54 PM
I think there is a balance to be struck between keeping your depth and making sure guys are earning their jobs.

If they figure on keeping these 3 OL draftees on the active squad - which is an unusual thing - they better be sorting out their current crop of iffy performers that constitute their special teams.

Skooby
06-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Our O-line needed new life, so I'm hoping 2 of the 3 draftees start (I know wishful thinking).

stuckincincy
06-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Our O-line needed new life, so I'm hoping 2 of the 3 draftees start (I know wishful thinking).

Indeed the OL did, but I'd be surprised if two started. They just have, have to get better on their STs, which often means keeping the fast folks like DBs and LBs and letting OLs and DLs go outright or try to park them on the PS.

swiper
06-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Camp will be god this year. Talented choices at most positions. Let the best man win. Be it vet or rookie.

...good...

Dr. Who
06-01-2014, 04:26 PM
...good...

I dunno. Did you just reply to yourself?
I don't think I've ever seen that before.

To clarify, I reply to myself all the time; just not on a message board.
After all, sometimes one is starved for intelligent conversation.

Night Train
06-01-2014, 04:36 PM
well, there is that TJ Graham feller .. oops, you did say "good vets", forget I mentioned # 11

Spot on with Graham. Top 4 are Woods, Williams, Watkins & Goodwin. Hogan or someone else should get the 5 slot.

Drops get one cut.

swiper
06-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I dunno. Did you just reply to yourself?
I don't think I've ever seen that before.

To clarify, I reply to myself all the time; just not on a message board.
After all, sometimes one is starved for intelligent conversation.

I corrected a spelling omission.

DraftBoy
06-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Spot on with Graham. Top 4 are Woods, Williams, Watkins & Goodwin. Hogan or someone else should get the 5 slot.

Drops get one cut.

I think you're going to carry 6 WR's. Easley is going to stick for his ST ability. Depending on how camp shakes out don't be surprised if a guy like Chris Summers, Cordell Roberson, or Ramses Barden takes that 5th spot as a size WR.

The Beef
06-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Ubrik can play center.

I like Legursky but he was uninspiring last year.

I'd imagine the staff would like to stash Henderson on the PS but that won't happen.

In a (my) perfect world you'd carry Hairston as a swing tackle, Henderson and Richardson. Ubrik functions as your backup center if Wood goes down.

Glenn, Williams, Wood, Ubrik, Kujo should be the lineup. Pears has a shot at the roster and even starting, it's a long one though.

YardRat
06-01-2014, 08:24 PM
I think you're going to carry 6 WR's. Easley is going to stick for his ST ability. Depending on how camp shakes out don't be surprised if a guy like Chris Summers, Cordell Roberson, or Ramses Barden takes that 5th spot as a size WR.

I think at times last season they actually had seven on the roster, didn't they?

better days
06-02-2014, 07:12 AM

I don't see you calling for Hairston to be cut in this thread.

And nobody else wants Hairston cut either.

The reason for that is when Hairston was healthy in 2012, he played MUCH BETTER than Pears has.

Dr. Who
06-02-2014, 09:27 AM
I corrected a spelling omission.

Ah, got it.

DraftBoy
06-02-2014, 12:19 PM
I think at times last season they actually had seven on the roster, didn't they?

Probably, not sure they'll carry that many out of camp though.

Fletch
06-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Other Than Pears, Why Cut Any Good Vets ?

I wouldn't have traded Stevie for what's likely to be a useless pick next season given our history with 3rd and 4th rounders.

He would have been indispensable to a successful transition from this to next season. As it now stands, Manuel's only familiar starting WR is Woods and he's only a 2nd year player. That's a lot to ask from a QB that's struggling as it is. Chemistry issues on the offense are bound to be a significant issue this season.

jimmifli
06-02-2014, 03:52 PM
I like Legursky
Umm why?

DraftBoy
06-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Umm why?

His name is kinda cool...