PDA

View Full Version : Dareus in trouble again, arrested for street racing.

ZAZusmc03
06-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Bills' Dareus in trouble with the law again; facing street racing charges http://www.thescore.com/news/513294

DunkCityFan
06-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Really? So much for OTAs keeping them on the straight and narrow

Ed
06-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Jesus what the hell is wrong with this guy? I guess he does need to be suspended.

Skooby
06-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I got slammed for calling him out to grow-up, here's where we're going, possibly magnifying the first problem.

DraftBoy
06-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I'll defend his on the field play (because he was a beast last year) but his off the field display is pure dumbassery.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Fine him and make him do community service, he acts up again, I think suspending him for a game or 4 is not beyond reason. That, or trading him.

Homegrown
06-02-2014, 05:56 PM
not a big deal ... it was synthetic street racing, not the real thing

swiper
06-02-2014, 06:21 PM
This from the guy that just days ago proclaimed to all of Buffalo that "I'm not a trouble guy."

Buffalo Thriller
06-02-2014, 07:04 PM
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

BertSquirtgum
06-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Such a big fat lazy idiot.

TacklingDummy
06-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Bills' Dareus in trouble with the law again; facing street racing charges http://www.thescore.com/news/513294
I can't wait until this guy is no longer a Bills.

Peters, Lynch, and Byrd put together didn't bother me as much as this overrated player.

TacklingDummy
06-02-2014, 07:12 PM
I'll defend his on the field play (because he was a beast last year) but his off the field display is pure dumbassery.

Obviously you didn't watch many games last year. He was pushed around like a rag doll against the run.

TedMock
06-02-2014, 07:33 PM
He's a dumbass, but his play against run and pass was awesome last year. That cannot be disputed. Still, this off the field pattern is unacceptable. Season hasn't even started and he has two strikes.

Turf
06-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Is this a joke? WTF is wrong with this guy.

Skooby
06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Is this a joke? WTF is wrong with this guy.

On another board I called this out real early as well, I was ripped & torn for calling him immature several days before any reporters called him out. Couldn't anyone see this pattern of disrespect for the law, thinking that everything is no big deal ??

Jaybird
06-02-2014, 07:52 PM
NFL will punish him this time.... great start to the season

Turf
06-02-2014, 07:52 PM
On another board I called this out real early as well, I was ripped & torn for calling him immature several days before any reporters called him out. Couldn't anyone see this pattern of disrespect for the law, thinking that everything is no big deal ??

Imagine if he had some discipline. Apparently he's playing on raw talent and no work ethic. His approach would have made Jerry Rice Stevie Johnson.

TacklingDummy
06-02-2014, 07:54 PM
NFL will punish him this time.... great start to the season

Glad we used 2 firsts on a WR when DT and QB are much greater needs.

DraftBoy
06-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Obviously you didn't watch many games last year. He was pushed around like a rag doll against the run.

Completely false...

Skooby
06-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Glad we used 2 firsts on a WR when DT and QB are much greater needs.

It's pretty hard to predict ignorance like this ongoing, it involves a complete disregard for yourself & an ignorance of one's own behavior. You can go back to someone's tough life & make excuses or one's desire to better themselves, you can't have both and succeed.

stuckincincy
06-02-2014, 08:02 PM
He must be hanging out with Justin Bieber. Eh?

Luisito23
06-02-2014, 08:26 PM
He'll be alright...no need to make this into something too major.

Hopefully he'll stay out of more trouble before the season starts.

Mace
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Completely false...

Nah. His game starts and stops, but he has/had the upside. He has his moments rush and pass, like Kyle is all rush. Some games he rushes well, others he stops the run well, but you had the feeling he was struggling into his game and just needed a peaceful offseason to get there, which you figured he wanted and was aiming for.

Looks like a bunch of "nah". Wicked shame, he'll be awesome somewhere else, but we're years into waiting for him, and he seems to be getting worse with his issues.

This blows. Not sure what else they are supposed to do for him besides move him elsewhere.

YardRat
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
It's getting hard to defend this guy. He needs to grow up.

GingerP
06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
His recent pattern of non-football issues is concerning. Hopefully he gets with the program before it becomes something bigger.

On a positive note, at the least the guy he was racing wasn't Mike Williams.

TacklingDummy
06-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Completely false...

Actually completely true.

How many games did you watch last year?

I remember one time you posted you were watching the gamecast. Can't tell anything from that.

Herd bull
06-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Some guys take longer than others to grow up. Some guys never grow up. Spoiled brat.

kishoph
06-03-2014, 03:03 AM

You need to change your screen name from TacklingDummy to SuperDummy. He was #1 in solo tackles and total tackles for a defensive tackle last season, that'd be pretty hard to do while you're being "pushed around like a rag doll". You might want to take the blinders off when you watch the games.

swiper
06-03-2014, 04:13 AM
I hope the Alabama D-lineman's issues don't rub off on the new Alabama right tackle.

Meathead
06-03-2014, 05:07 AM
He was #1 in solo tackles and total tackles for a defensive tackle last season, that'd be pretty hard to do while you're being "pushed around like a rag doll".

pwnt

Meathead
06-03-2014, 05:27 AM
cmon dareus, leave an unregistered gun on the seat, go for the trifecta

DraftBoy
06-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Actually completely true.

How many games did you watch last year?

I remember one time you posted you were watching the gamecast. Can't tell anything from that.

I think 11 or so depending on the stream.

I believe that was in the preseason, but I always have the gamecast running even if the game is on TV. Only way to properly track live stats.

stuckincincy
06-03-2014, 06:25 AM
cmon dareus, leave an unregistered gun on the seat, go for the trifecta

April 25 - Bills sign Dareus to one-year extension for 8 million. Fully guaranteed in case of injury.

May 5 - arrested on felony charges for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

May 30 - three misdemeanor charges and four traffic charges. The misdemeanor charges include: reckless endangerment, reckless driving and participating in an illegal speed contest.

"I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in XX prison, and time keeps draggin' on."... :pee:

Skooby
06-03-2014, 06:38 AM
April 25 - Bills sign Dareus to one-year extension for 8 million. Fully guaranteed in case of injury.

May 5 - arrested on felony charges for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

May 30 - three misdemeanor charges and four traffic charges. The misdemeanor charges include: reckless endangerment, reckless driving and participating in an illegal speed contest.

"I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in XX prison, and time keeps draggin' on."... :pee:

It don't mean nothing, he's just having fun.

trapezeus
06-03-2014, 07:38 AM
both offenses are stupid young kid things to do where he got caught. that being said, he needs a kyle williams or someone older than him to take them under their wing. suspensions and stuff don't really scare anyone straight and it just hurts the team. a vet he trusts needs to paint the picture of what is at stake. He has been playing very well. he's gotten the $8MM extension for a year, and he's in a year where he can really earn big money. the suspensions and newstories are reducing that value.

i don't think players want those tales from people who haven't played the game. hopefully the defense has someone who can step up and help him. i think he still has a future based on his play.

EDS
06-03-2014, 07:49 AM
You would have thought losing his brother would have caused him to mature.

Ginger Vitis
06-03-2014, 07:49 AM
he needs a kyle williams or someone older than him to take them under their wing.

Kyle Williams has probably had endless conversations or at least attempted to advise and reason with Dareus the message isn't getting through and likely never will

The Jokeman
06-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Nah. His game starts and stops, but he has/had the upside. He has his moments rush and pass, like Kyle is all rush. Some games he rushes well, others he stops the run well, but you had the feeling he was struggling into his game and just needed a peaceful offseason to get there, which you figured he wanted and was aiming for.

Looks like a bunch of "nah". Wicked shame, he'll be awesome somewhere else, but we're years into waiting for him, and he seems to be getting worse with his issues.

This blows. Not sure what else they are supposed to do for him besides move him elsewhere.

Marshawn Lynch had problems here and we moved him, so you're saying we should do the same with Dareus? Sorry I don't buy into just because a guy has problems that the best way to deal with it is deal the player elsewhere. Keep him here and see what happens. As thus far none of what's he's done has got him into big trouble with the league and being he's only 24 he still has some maturing to do and maybe that will come in a year or two. As we have him under contract until 2016, we might as well at least keep him here until then. In terms of extending it, I say wait til the start of next year or if needed use the franchise tag on him if he cleans up his act and continues to be the Pro Bowler he was last year.

JoeMama
06-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Marcell responds to his latest arrest.

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzvusbWfZ71qjw4iqo1_400.gif&size=400x1000

Meathead
06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
super racist

Woodman
06-03-2014, 09:33 AM
What part of stay out of the news doesn't this guy get?

We probably should be more surprised if he did.

TedMock
06-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Last offseason - "Eagles' Jason Peters was arrested for alleged drag racing in his white Camaro in Monroe, Louisiana. When the deputy attemped to pull over Peters, he accelerated at a high rate of speed. Eventually, Peters would stop in a shopping center where he was detained, according to police."

Dareus' problem was hitting the tree! Well, that and not laying low for a while. Good judgement shouldn't be a gift.

stuckincincy
06-03-2014, 09:52 AM
both offenses are stupid young kid things to do where he got caught. that being said, he needs a kyle williams or someone older than him to take them under their wing. suspensions and stuff don't really scare anyone straight and it just hurts the team. a vet he trusts needs to paint the picture of what is at stake. He has been playing very well. he's gotten the $8MM extension for a year, and he's in a year where he can really earn big money. the suspensions and newstories are reducing that value.

i don't think players want those tales from people who haven't played the game. hopefully the defense has someone who can step up and help him. i think he still has a future based on his play.

But he's not a kid. He's a 24 year-old man, who happens to work in a business that bends over backward to provide substantial amounts of advice and counseling on most any subject.

The Zone Ranger
06-03-2014, 10:08 AM
One of my favorite programs is street outlaws. I see no big deal in this. Their football players
not choir boy's.

Skooby
06-03-2014, 10:15 AM
One of my favorite programs is street outlaws. I see no big deal in this. Their football players
not choir boy's.

So getting charged with a crime doesn't seem like an issue ? You do realize there's a player conduct code attached to every NFL contract, right ??

stuckincincy
06-03-2014, 10:19 AM
So getting charged with a crime doesn't seem like an issue ? You do realize there's a player conduct code attached to every NFL contract, right ??

Good point. Marcell (dare we call him Marcie D?) might end up with a wallop in the wallet.

DesertFox24
06-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Dareus is a great player on the field.

But he is acting like an immature dumb arse off the field.

I know he lost both his parents and his brother so maybe he is going through I am going to live it up because I never know when my time is but he is going down a dark and dangerous road.

I personally think the Bills should get him into counselling and fast and try to figure out what is going on. He has such a bright future and can set himself and his family and following generations up for success and bright futures acadmeically as well.

I just dont think he knows it or understands how quickly it can be taken from him.

Skooby
06-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Dareus is a great player on the field.

But he is acting like an immature dumb arse off the field.

I know he lost both his parents and his brother so maybe he is going through I am going to live it up because I never know when my time is but he is going down a dark and dangerous road.

I personally think the Bills should get him into counselling and fast and try to figure out what is going on. He has such a bright future and can set himself and his family and following generations up for success and bright futures acadmeically as well.

I just dont think he knows it or understands how quickly it can be taken from him.

He needs a role-model because right now he's steering near a cliff & this can get worse.

ParanoidAndroid
06-03-2014, 01:56 PM
not a big deal ... it was synthetic street racing, not the real thing

Skooby stole your joke and posted it in SB Nation. :rofl:

Skooby
06-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Skooby stole your joke and posted it in SB Nation. :rofl:

No I didn't, where the heck is SB Nation? Link??

The Zone Ranger
06-03-2014, 02:38 PM
He needs a role-model because right now he's steering near a cliff & this can get worse.

Might I suggest Jerry Hughes?

Skooby
06-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Might I suggest Jerry Hughes?

You might rabbit, you might.

The Zone Ranger
06-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Having heard nothing about it here but Jerry was driving the car Marcel was racing.

WagonCircler
06-03-2014, 03:05 PM
I dub thee Marcel Dumbass.

ParanoidAndroid
06-03-2014, 07:20 PM
No I didn't, where the heck is SB Nation? Link??

It was PFT, actually. Now you're denying it. You're so lame, dude. lol Are you 12?

skoobyfl says:
Jun 3, 2014 12:45 PM

Not a big deal … it was synthetic street racing, not the real thing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/03/marcell-dareus-will-miss-the-rest-of-the-bills-otas/

Skooby
06-03-2014, 07:44 PM
It was PFT, actually. Now you're denying it. You're so lame, dude. lol Are you 12?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/03/marcell-dareus-will-miss-the-rest-of-the-bills-otas/

No I did that, you accused me of the wrong place.

ParanoidAndroid
06-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Why does the place matter? Lame is lame.

Skooby
06-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Why does the place matter? Lame is lame.

I'm trying to distract, it's lame & I did it. They say plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery, I hope.

Crisis
06-03-2014, 09:08 PM
The only veteran leadership we have on this team is Freddie. Someone on the defense needs to help keep his ass in check. We lack that same kind of presence on the defensive side of the ball... Dareus is an idiot, but his team mates are the ones being idiots with him and not trying to keep his ass out of trouble.

Homegrown
06-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Skooby stole your joke and posted it in SB Nation. :rofl: ...no worries, share the wealth

Mace
06-04-2014, 07:44 PM
How is the Mongolian Buffet place anyway, anyone been there ? Yeah has a messed up tree, but still. Sounds interesting.

Mace
06-04-2014, 07:45 PM
The only veteran leadership we have on this team is Freddie. Someone on the defense needs to help keep his ass in check. We lack that same kind of presence on the defensive side of the ball... Dareus is an idiot, but his team mates are the ones being idiots with him and not trying to keep his ass out of trouble.

Write that one off there's a vid of him peeling off nearly into someones back end.

gebobs
06-06-2014, 10:44 AM
not choir boy's.
Good thing that tree wasn't some kid. Or maybe you'd see no big deal in that.