PDA

View Full Version : Off season topic: If the Bills moved from Buffalo where might they land?

Buffalo Billy Bison
06-02-2014, 08:14 PM
After being a longggggg time fan and home boy from Buffalo I hope in my heart of hearts this never comes to pass, but I thought it might be
and interesting topic during the off season and topics are hard to come by this time of season just before OTA's. Do you think a former NFL City would
be best suited or some other city for the Bills to land in. What's you opinion?

stuckincincy
06-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Other than LA, I can't think of any.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Best shot, LA. If not that then maybe Toronto or San Antonio. Wildcard, Las Vegas. Problem, LA can't keep pro football teams to save their life so I don't see that happening, I mean I know LA is a huge media market but will the League want to show a half full stadium three to five years from now when the novelty wears off? Another option is Toronto, this would seem like the strongest, but the pitiful attendance their is what got the Toronto series cancelled. San Antonio, maybe but is Jerry Jones going to want encroachment on his turf. Las Vegas, well lets face it football is all about betting these days, but the NFL will pretend to be anything else at least for a while.

Buffalo Billy Bison
06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Houston had the Oilers, Toronto,Niagara Falls, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Milwaukee, Richmond VA, Louisville, Omaha, Los Angeles, Utah (Salt Lake City), Tulsa OK. Is this question to hard to play with considering it is the off season and I'm not asking you to make a definitive judgement that the Bills are moving but come on get real, or in this case fantasy. Other than LA where do you think the NFL could put the Bills "if" a buyer decided to pay more for the team and wanted to move them.

If the Jets can play in New Jersey and still be called the New York Jets then a team in Niagara Falls can still be the Buffalo Bills!

Albany,n.y.
06-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Albany

DynaPaul
06-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Albany

That would be awesome.

swiper
06-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Winnipeg

THATHURMANATOR
06-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Who cares?

Homegrown
06-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Tri-City, Springfield, Shelbyville, or Capital City

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-05-2014, 07:39 PM
your mom's house. who cares? if they move, i'm done and so are many other people

WagonCircler
06-05-2014, 07:43 PM
If they move, it will be to the town of TheyreDeadToMe.

JoeMama
06-06-2014, 05:54 PM
If they move, it will be to the town of TheyreDeadToMe.

No way, the Bills would never move to Flint, Michigan!

JoeMama
06-06-2014, 06:08 PM
The Bills are locked in Buffalo forever because the name is a pun that only works in one city.

The Los Angeles Bills? The London Bills? The Toronto Bills?

It's a name that sounds stupid anywhere else in the country (or abroad).

That would be like me changing my username from JoeMama to ZachMama. It would make no sense.

When teams move, they always keep the original team name for at least a couple years before they scrap it for a new one, if ever (see Cardinals/Rams/Raiders).

Linguistics can insulate us from losing our beloved team... and will!

OK, probably not...

But I do like our chances of remaining in Buffalo. I'm not sold on the notion that bigger markets = bigger profits by default. You still need an enthusiastic fan base, an established football culture, and reliable TV viewership.

Cities that are lukewarm toward football can't replicate that, even if they have larger populations or more vibrant economies, because you can't make people who don't care about football magically care about football just because a team moves there.

Plus, people reference the city of Buffalo exclusively as if it's the only source of revenue for the Bills, completely neglecting to mention the fact that greater Western New York and portions of Canada give us a very large pool to draw from. Sure, we struggle with ticket sales for executive suites, which are a definite cash cow, but we're not without resources.

I'm not usually the optimistic type, but I feel pretty good about the Bills staying where they're appreciated long-term.

Fletch
06-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Elmira