PDA

View Full Version : It's gotta be Reinhart

DetDannyWilliams
06-04-2014, 05:01 PM
On April 15th Vogl tweeted this

<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-color: rgb(245, 248, 250); border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; font-weight: bold; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; "> Follow</button>

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000562010407/f92a65b60c39f7ef281385eb1474c16b_bigger.jpegJohn Vogl‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(177, 187, 195); ">@</s>BuffNewsVogl (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl)

Sabres GM Tim Murray: "We have a forward that we have somewhat of a consensus in the group that is at the top of the forward list."

Prior to the NHL Scouting Combine in Toronto, SabresTV's Dan Dunleavy sat down with Kootenay Ice center Sam Reinhart, who is ranked third among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting
<iframe src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=622338&site=sabres" frameborder="0" width="640" height="395"></iframe>
he leaves Toronto with just one interview, and that is Reinhart.

and then today Assistant GM Kevin Devine on Howard Simon show
Around the 5 minute mark, Devine basically gushes over Reinhart, calling him "Best playmaker I've seen in 10-15 years"
​<iframe src="http://audio.wgr550.com/audio-embed/92774048/embed.htm?width=500&height=350" width="500" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:0;padding:0;margin:0"></iframe>"

JATMtheJATM
06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
That's how I feel as well. Reinhart or bust.

OpIv37
06-04-2014, 05:35 PM
That's how I feel as well. Reinhart or bust.

And if FL takes him or trades the pick to someone else who does.....?

Mace
06-04-2014, 05:43 PM

Resign Miller and Ott, draft Bennett and trade them all for Reinhart. We can probably keep resigning and trading Miller and Ott at least one more year.

I'm iffy on what I know about hockey these days, really like Reinhart though too.

OpIv37
06-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Resign Miller and Ott, draft Bennett and trade them all for Reinhart. We can probably keep resigning and trading Miller and Ott at least one more year.

I'm iffy on what I know about hockey these days, really like Reinhart though too.

There's a good chance we get Ott back. Miller- no ****ing way. He wants to be closer to his wife and doesnt want to waste his few remaining years on a rebuild.

OpIv37
06-04-2014, 06:00 PM

Besides that, has a team ever traded up for the #1 pick only to trade the guy before he ever, plays a game in the organization? Has a team ever signed a FA in the off- season only to trade him before he ever plays? This stuff just doesnt happen

JATMtheJATM
06-04-2014, 06:32 PM
EKblad

Mace
06-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Besides that, has a team ever traded up for the #1 pick only to trade the guy before he ever, plays a game in the organization? Has a team ever signed a FA in the off- season only to trade him before he ever plays? This stuff just doesnt happen

I never let logic rule my thoughts on Buffalo Sports teams. I was not being serious. Pains me to have to point it out. Come on now.

OpIv37
06-04-2014, 09:00 PM
I never let logic rule my thoughts on Buffalo Sports teams. I was not being serious. Pains me to have to point it out. Come on now.

Sorry. I spend too much time in the BZ, where people think that Sammy Watkins alone takes us from 6-10 to legit SB contender.

don137
06-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I agree I think it is Reinhart. The guy is a consistent playmaker. We have a lot of muckers in the system like Bennett but no stud play maker

Ginger Vitis
06-04-2014, 10:27 PM
At the 2013/2014 WJC Reinhart was always on the ice when Canada was playing shorthanded 5-3..Brent Sutter had the confidence to play Reinhart in that situation over older and more experienced players.. Agree with JAM if Reinhart goes No.1 then the pick should be Ekblad

The Jokeman
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM

I could see Calgary looking to get him if want to reunite him with his brother but I doubt they have the fire power to pull off the trade. I hope we don't miss out on getting him though as every report about him has been glowing and personally I prefer taking a consistant performer like Rinehart than the one year onder Bennett. Yet because we have number 2 there's no guarateeing we're going to get him.

JATMtheJATM
06-05-2014, 11:17 AM
I could see Calgary looking to get him if want to reunite him with his brother but I doubt they have the fire power to pull off the trade. I hope we don't miss out on getting him though as every report about him has been glowing and personally I prefer taking a consistant performer like Rinehart than the one year onder Bennett. Yet because we have number 2 there's no guarateeing we're going to get him.

no, but if florida somehow does take reinhart, then the sabres luck into ekblad. which isnt a bad thing as he has probably the highest potential in the draft.

mightysimi
06-05-2014, 12:42 PM
no Bennett love?

chernobylwraiths
06-05-2014, 09:02 PM
no Bennett love?

Oh, I want Bennett a hundred times over Reinhart, even without one pullup.

If Florida is smart, they make Edmonton pay big for the first overall, but if they don't and take a forward, I would trade the pick for Edmonton to take Ekblad. They need a defenseman badly.

But make no mistake, I want Bennett. Ever since I heard Murray's descriptions of the top players, I think he does too.

The Jokeman
06-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Oh, I want Bennett a hundred times over Reinhart, even without one pullup.

If Florida is smart, they make Edmonton pay big for the first overall, but if they don't and take a forward, I would trade the pick for Edmonton to take Ekblad. They need a defenseman badly.

But make no mistake, I want Bennett. Ever since I heard Murray's descriptions of the top players, I think he does too.

You mean the comment that Murray made that Bennett won't last a full NHL season if he plays the way he does in junior?

chernobylwraiths
06-06-2014, 01:41 PM
You mean the comment that Murray made that Bennett won't last a full NHL season if he plays the way he does in junior?

Yep. Kid's got heart, can't teach that. Can teach how to reign it in.

I see Reinhart getting killed on this team as it is composed. Need some young grit with skill before we go with an all cerebral player with what I perceive as a mild mannered player.

Don't get me wrong, I would like either guy, I would just like Bennett more.

swiper
06-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Canucks rumors....

IF they made a deal with the Ducks, they could then look at packaging their 6th overall pick this year and last years 10th overall pick, Bo Horvat to the Panthers for the 1st overall pick. The Canucks could then draft Sam Reinhart, and they’d still have the 24th overall pick from the Ducks.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Many+options+Canucks+consider+Kesler/9911785/story.html

Ginger Vitis
06-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Canucks rumors....

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Many+options+Canucks+consider+Kesler/9911785/story.html

The author of that article I think is selling Horvat a bit short calling him a projected 3rd line Center... If Im the GM of the Panthers I need more than a 3rd line prospect to move down to 6

mightysimi
06-07-2014, 09:29 AM

Griffin is an Islander pick.

Ginger Vitis
06-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Griffin is an Islander pick.

Yes and Sams oldest brother Max is a Calgary Flame

The Jokeman
06-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Yep. Kid's got heart, can't teach that. Can teach how to reign it in.

I see Reinhart getting killed on this team as it is composed. Need some young grit with skill before we go with an all cerebral player with what I perceive as a mild mannered player.

Don't get me wrong, I would like either guy, I would just like Bennett more.

Just find a goon to put him on his line to protect him. The Penguins did it with Sid the Kid after the concussion and he's lasted. Personally I like Reinhart because he has more skill as that's what we lack now. I wouldn't complain with either one but prefer Reinhart myself.

DetDannyWilliams
06-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Sabres strength and conditioning coach Doug McKenney (the bald guy) at scouting combine at :26-:29 sec. watching Reinhart

<iframe src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=622755" frameborder="0" width="640" height="395"></iframe>

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm surprised McKenney is one of the few coaches to be retained. Didn't Nolan have a big issue with injuries last year thinking they were a result of poor conditioning?

Or am I confusing the Bills and Sabres?

trapezeus
06-09-2014, 11:14 AM
confusing bills and sabres. i thought we saw an article about marrone and whaley frustrated about not being able to get carpenter out because of the injuries and that his techniques are a bit dated. but he's a 30+ year member of squad.

i thought that story was out pre-ralph's passing.

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2014, 11:18 AM
confusing bills and sabres. i thought we saw an article about marrone and whaley frustrated about not being able to get carpenter out because of the injuries and that his techniques are a bit dated. but he's a 30+ year member of squad.

i thought that story was out pre-ralph's passing.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2013/11/nolan-offers-players-clean-slate-but-gives-lukewarm-appraisal-of-practice.html

This is where I got that from. Must have changed his mind after being with the team for a while.

"It went OK,' Nolan said. "We've got a lot of work to do. The biggest thing is to get these guys to feel good about themselves. If you feel good about yourself, you'll get better." Players seemed to handle the practice well but there were times where Nolan was pushing the envelope demanding more and there didn't seem to be a lot to give. Where is this team's conditioning?