PDA

View Full Version : Dareus can be waived before the 2015 season

Skooby
06-04-2014, 06:03 PM
So giving him that additional rookie contract option year looks to be voidable if he can't keep himself straight:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11028815&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fboards.buffalobills.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F489526-ESPN-Theres-a-lot-more-to-Marcel-Dareus%22%7D&ex_cid=espnapi_internal%20-via

Homegrown
06-04-2014, 06:06 PM
So giving him that additional rookie contract option year looks to be voidable if he can't keep himself straight:

contract has a homophobic clause ?

Skooby
06-04-2014, 06:11 PM
contract has a homophobic clause ?

LOL, true.

Luisito23
06-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Why are you so obsessed with the man?

Every pathetic thread you do now is about Dareus...

Get off his d*** already.

pmoon6
06-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Get off his d*** already.Don't mind him, just an attention seeker. Mom didn't give him enough hugs when he was a lad.

Of course, he does provide entertainment. It's like laughing at a sub-moron with drool running down his chin.

Buffalogic
06-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Lol this thread is off to a great start!

Skooby
06-04-2014, 06:28 PM
You want to keep a guy inline for several years? Have $8 Million reasons that he should behave on the table.

BillsImpossible
06-04-2014, 06:47 PM

Did you have a bad day or something?

BillsImpossible
06-04-2014, 06:49 PM
What if he gets in trouble again, before the season starts?

Dareus is only the most talented defensive player the Bills have, so discussing his future seems interesting to me as a fan.

BillsImpossible
06-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Very possible future hypothetical scenario:

Dareus gets pulled over for speeding going 80 mph on his way to team meetings.

What would you do?

BillsImpossible
06-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Don't mind him, just an attention seeker. Mom didn't give him enough hugs when he was a lad.

Of course, he does provide entertainment. It's like laughing at a sub-moron with drool running down his chin.

You remind me of my old grumpy neighbor that yells at kids saying, "get off of my lawn!"

BillsImpossible
06-04-2014, 07:06 PM
When Dareus was 6 years old, his father (Jules) died. Dareus' mother (Michelle Luckey) died before the start of his junior season at Alabama. The grandmother who helped raise him (Ella Alexander) passed away when he was 13. The high school football coach who mentored him (Scott Livingston) was killed in a car crash the day Dareus signed with Alabama, and a close friend (former Mississippi State defensive end Nick Bell) died from cancer while Dareus was in college. Tragedy struck Dareus once again this past season, when his younger brother, Simeon Gilmore, was shot and killed in a triple homicide in Pelham, Alabama.

BillsImpossible
06-04-2014, 07:09 PM
If I was the Coach of the Buffalo Bills and I waived this kid for making another mistake, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night either.

Marcell Dareus doesn't have a family like so many of us are lucky enough to have.

This kid has already had enough, "tough love."

He needs friends, and a coach that cares about him.

OpIv37
06-04-2014, 07:48 PM
When Dareus was 6 years old, his father (Jules) died. Dareus' mother (Michelle Luckey) died before the start of his junior season at Alabama. The grandmother who helped raise him (Ella Alexander) passed away when he was 13. The high school football coach who mentored him (Scott Livingston) was killed in a car crash the day Dareus signed with Alabama, and a close friend (former Mississippi State defensive end Nick Bell) died from cancer while Dareus was in college. Tragedy struck Dareus once again this past season, when his younger brother, Simeon Gilmore, was shot and killed in a triple homicide in Pelham, Alabama.

Not sure why this matters.

Personally I've been lucky and my life/upbringing wasnt nearly as traumatic, but i know people who have had it as bad or worse that still managed to become productive members of society without legal trouble. Hell, i bet there are players on the Bills with similar upbringings that have never been in any legal trouble beyond traffic court.

BillsImpossible
06-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Not sure why this matters.

Personally I've been lucky and my life/upbringing wasnt nearly as traumatic, but i know people who have had it as bad or worse that still managed to become productive members of society without legal trouble. Hell, i bet there are players on the Bills with similar upbringings that have never been in any legal trouble beyond traffic court.

I don't think any player on the Bills has ever experienced the loss of their mother, father, brother, best friend, and high school mentor.

Take away the fake dope, and all we're talking about is a guy who has a lead foot but still can't show up on time.

OpIv37
06-04-2014, 08:37 PM
I don't think any player on the Bills has ever experienced the loss of their mother, father, brother, best friend, and high school mentor.

Take away the fake dope, and all we're talking about is a guy who has a lead foot but still can't show up on time.

Look, I really don't care about fake dope or having a lead foot. I personally don't think it makes him a bad guy.

The point is that fake dope and drag racing are illegal, and doing anything illegal is against NFL policy. We don't get to make our own rules. I like to drink and alcohol is legal, but I'm still going to get disciplined and most likely fired if I go to work drunk. Dareus has a responsibility to his coaches, teammates and fans, and his current actions are abdicating that responsibility.

In terms of his play on the field, I say keep him. But if he's suspended, he's useless. The team has to think about that before committing more money to him.

THATHURMANATOR
06-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Unless he starts killing people I can't imagine any reason on earth to even think about releasing him.

Skooby
06-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Unless he starts killing people I can't imagine any reason on earth to even think about releasing him.

Sure, lets set the bar beyond reason.

THATHURMANATOR
06-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Sure, lets set the bar beyond reason.

Sounds good to me.

Forward_Lateral
06-05-2014, 08:53 AM
He smoked a J and drove a car into a tree. It could've happened to anybody.

Fletch
06-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Lol this thread is off to a great start!

LMAO

Fletch
06-05-2014, 09:54 AM
In terms of his play on the field, I say keep him. But if he's suspended, he's useless. The team has to think about that before committing more money to him.

They don't have to decide now. Let him play the season, if he pulls his head out of his ass, plays well and consistently, then keep him.

If not, then cut him, he won't be worth the money anyway. At that point if he corrects himself it will probably have been the process of us parting ways with him that did the trick, so good for him and the next team. Right now he's reminding me of that big Texas Tackle we drafted about the same spot, Mike Williams. He doesn't seem to have the heart to play the game on a regular basis like he's getting paid millions to do. Millions.

Mr. Miyagi
06-05-2014, 10:02 AM

I agree. The idea of cutting Dareus is so absolutely ludicrous.

Stupid thread.

Skooby
06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
We have options, I thought we all should know that.

Bill Cody
06-05-2014, 10:44 AM
The NFL is literally loaded with thugs and criminals. What Dareus has done shows poor judgement and you need to keep an eye on him. But if you refused to have anyone on your team that has done the stuff he's done you wouldn't field a team.

Lucidvizion
06-05-2014, 10:45 AM
All the guy is doing is acting his age. He just needs to learn how to not get caught.

Skooby
06-05-2014, 10:46 AM
All the guy is doing is acting his age. He just needs to learn how to not get caught.

It's only wrong if you get caught.

malvado78
06-05-2014, 11:10 AM

This is incorrect. You only get punished if you get caught.

stuckincincy
06-05-2014, 11:21 AM

You didn't have sex, sex with that woman, did you? No specific recollection? :drive:

mightysimi
06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Does anyone think they are even having this conversation about Aldon Smith? and his issues are far worse. Hopefully he gets his head on straight but like has been said, cutting him is ridiculous.

Skooby
06-05-2014, 11:55 AM
This is incorrect. You only get punished if you get caught.

According to Tool....

trapezeus
06-05-2014, 12:15 PM
the discussion is cutting him before the 2015 season? so it's possible if this next season is not up to par or where we expected him to be.

they sent him home for 2 weeks. that's a pretty clear message that the team will start preparing to live without you for the 2014 season.

but to put dareus' mistakes into perspective...he's done two things that got caught and publically. i don't think it's "thug" behaviour. speeding and pot are probably prevalent in every industry that's represented on this board. it's not like some of the other stories we've read on other players.

that being said, we all get warnings and then get consequences if we feel to meet our expectations. he is not meeting expectations...especially if the NFL suspends him.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2014, 01:06 PM

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11028815&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fboards.buffalobills.com%2Fshowthread.php%3F489526-ESPN-Theres-a-lot-more-to-Marcel-Dareus%22%7D&ex_cid=espnapi_internal%20-via

The bills won't waive him. They will trade him for a useless 4th rounder.

Skooby
06-05-2014, 01:10 PM
The bills won't waive him. They will trade him for a useless 4th rounder.

Lol, probably so but if we waive him we have no liability.

gebobs
06-06-2014, 10:35 AM
He smoked a J and drove a car into a tree. It could've happened to anybody.
I don't care about just anybody. I do however care that he's on the roster of my team and we wasted a huge pick on him. I do care that my team has a history of high picks flaming out in Buffalo. He'll get busted doing something stupid before the years is out and the Bills will be forced to trade him for nothing.