PDA

View Full Version : What Sucks The Most About The 2014 Buffalo Bills?

BillsImpossible
06-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Defensive backs? No.

Safeties? No.

Linebackers? No.

Punter? No.

Kicker? No.

Wide receivers? No.

Tight ends? No.

Offensive line? No.

Running backs? No.

Coaching? No.

Defensive line? No.

Is EJ Manuel the only reason why people think the Bills will suck in 2014?

Novacane
06-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Coaching is as big a question mark as EJ

BillsImpossible
06-06-2014, 08:04 PM

The first year staff went 6-10 with 3 different starting quarterbacks.

If coaching truly sucked last year, the Bills would have been 4-12 or worse.

JoeMama
06-06-2014, 08:05 PM

I thought Marrone demonstrated a level of competence that's at least mildly encouraging entering this season.

EJ is the key player who can make or break 2014. No question he's the biggest unknown.

I'd like a better OLB than Rivers, a better DE than Jerry Hughes (who's more of a role player on passing downs), and Da'Norris Searcy showed flashes but still is kinda stuck in the "we don't fully know how good he can be" zone.

Guards leave a bit to be desired.

Tight end is decent but nothing to write home about. Unless Chandler ups his numbers again for the fourth consecutive year.

sudzy
06-06-2014, 08:20 PM

Hackett and Crossman were both in over their heads last year. The best coach the Bills had is coaching the Browns now.

BillsImpossible
06-06-2014, 08:23 PM
The guards leave a lot to be desired is right. But Chris Hairston has come back to play in 2014, and I think the Bills are going to use him as a guard.

Legursky vs. Hairston?

Glenn is locked in at left tackle, Wood is locked in at center, Kouandjio is the right tackle, Chris Williams will be right guard and Hairston could play LG.

Whatever happens, the Bills have a lot of depth on the o-line. They won't suck.

JoeMama
06-06-2014, 08:32 PM
The guards leave a lot to be desired is right. But Chris Hairston has come back to play in 2014, and I think the Bills are going to use him as a guard.

Legursky vs. Hairston?

Glenn is locked in at left tackle, Wood is locked in at center, Kouandjio is the right tackle, Chris Williams will be right guard and Hairston could play LG.

Whatever happens, the Bills have a lot of depth on the o-line. They won't suck.

Chris Hairston was playing good football before all the injuries mounted. He was a pleasant surprise for a while.

There's talent there.

JoeMama
06-06-2014, 08:37 PM
One other thought on Chandler.

He started out as a one dimensional red zone threat who used his height to make good things happen near the goal line.

But he's come a long way since then.

He keeps improving his receptions and total yardage each season. He's probably close to his ceiling as far as how good he can be. Which should be passable.

He's not what I'd call a real dynamic TE but his progression is nothing to sniff at. This could be a good year for him the way he's expanding his game each season. He's contributing a lot more on 80 yard drives, not just using his height to nab short passes in the endzone.

BillsImpossible
06-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Hackett and Crossman were both in over their heads last year. The best coach the Bills had is coaching the Browns now.

Hackett turned 3 "rookie," quarterbacks into 6 wins.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2014, 09:17 PM
That they don't have a 1st round pick in 2015 to correct the mistake that is KneeJ.

TigerJ
06-06-2014, 09:17 PM
There is a difference between "sucks" and "young and still developing." Manuel is certainly the latter. Whethero not he is the former too s debateable. Some message board cowboys seem to think so. Judging from 2015 mock drafts being generated at this time of year, the Bills are going to be anywhere from terrible to mediocre. (Cleveland owns Buffalo's first round pick, an mock drafters have that pick falling from around 9th overall, up to 3rd overall.) I've seen a few predictions of 3 wins. That could only happen if Manuel sucks. I think he will show improvement. I hope he shows significant improvement.

bleve
06-07-2014, 01:49 AM
A big concern I had of EJ last year was bad throws. Maybe it had to do with injury, or the speed of the game, and his inability to adjust and set his feet properly, etc.

But he's had the offseason, had his little "mini camps", had his personal coach, etc.

Now it's 2014 and I'm reading the pieces by Chris Brown on OTA #6, I see things like this:

The first came on an under thrown pass by EJ Manuel as he tried to hit Marquise Goodwin on a streak

Following an overthrow on a deep pass to Marquise Goodwin

This is happening in OTA's. It's nowhere near the type of real game situation and we're still seeing the single biggest flaw with EJ.

Yes, I know it's early, but c'mon. This is a problem.

YardRat
06-07-2014, 05:07 AM
What sucks is too many question marks, but that's to be expected from a team at this stage of their development. We're so accustomed to those question marks turning into failure instead of success, that it sucks that some fans have zero room for optimism for the upcoming season.

Defensive backs? No. ---Can the corners continue to improve?

Safeties? No. ---Will Byrd be missed?

Linebackers? No.---Will Kiko have an impact from the outside, and can Spikes deliver without being a liability?

Punter? No. --Will Moorman bounce back, or somebody supplant him?

Kicker? No. --Can Carpenter at least repeat last year's performance?

Wide receivers? No. ---Can Watkins and Williams produce? Will they miss Stevie? Who steps up?

Tight ends? No. ---Will Meaoki or Graggs contribute?

Offensive line? No. ---Will the youngsters develop? Can Williams play guard?

Running backs? No. ---Will Freddie stay healthy? Will Spiller, and can he finally reach his potential? What do Brown and Dixon bring on Sundays?

Coaching? No. ---Can this staff develop and create success? Can Hackett improve as OC? What does Schwartz bring as DC?

Defensive line? No. ---Is there enough depth? Can Lawson and Hughes handle DE? Will Marcel get suspended?

Is EJ Manuel the only reason why people think the Bills will suck in 2014? ---Can EJ stay healthy and develop?

TacklingDummy
06-07-2014, 07:25 AM
What sucks is too many question marks, but that's to be expected from a team at this stage of their development. We're so accustomed to those question marks turning into failure instead of success, that it sucks that some fans have zero room for optimism for the upcoming season.

Defensive backs? No. ---Can the corners continue to improve?

Safeties? No. ---Will Byrd be missed?
[I]
?
These will mostly depend on the Bills creating the same kind of pass rush they did last year.