X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Miller
    • Dec 2008

Marrone

What is so great about Marrone that we chose to retain him over Pettine? That's beneficial that he supposedly has a knack for getting the best out of his offensive line but what else does he bring to the table? Pettine's actions speak for himself while I'm left struggling to even come up with words to backup Marrone. Don't even get me started on OC Can't Hackett. Running an up-tempo offense with an inexperienced QB just seems asinine when we have two RBs that should be pounding the ball and eating up the clock. Maybe it's just me but I question a lot in regards to our philosophy.
  • OLDSRIP
    • Dec 2008

Re: Marrone

Go be a Browns fan. bye

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Pretty sure there wasn't a choice between the two.

Might want to review how much we ran the ball last season.

Don't know why some think one season is enough to determine how anybody may do in the long run.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Marrone was a 1st year coach beginning a rebuild with a new GM and a rookie QB. He gets 2 more years.

Bills were 2nd in the NFL in rushing.

Pettine was the 14th choice for the HC job in Cleveland. Everyone else turned them down, when asked to interview. 2013 was his 1st year as a DC after working under Rex Ryan.
        I liked our pass rush but hated our rush D and inability to stop teams on 3rd down.

Looking forward to this fall.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mark Miller View Post
          What is so great about Marrone that we chose to retain him over Pettine? That's beneficial that he supposedly has a knack for getting the best out of his offensive line but what else does he bring to the table? Pettine's actions speak for himself while I'm left struggling to even come up with words to backup Marrone. Don't even get me started on OC Can't Hackett. Running an up-tempo offense with an inexperienced QB just seems asinine when we have two RBs that should be pounding the ball and eating up the clock. Maybe it's just me but I question a lot in regards to our philosophy.
          So when Cleveland wanted Pettine, you would have rather seen the Bills fire Marrone & hire Pettine as head coach? Dumbest thing said so far this year on this board.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Everyone hated losing Pettine. And, personally, I wonder where Marrone will end up, but you have to give the guy that 3 years. The Bills did everything possible to help him by going out and getting Schwartz. This season will be interesting.

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by OLDSRIP View Post
              Go be a Browns fan. bye
              Oh that's right, Bills fans aren't allowed to ask questions. I also have to question why we are running this high tempo offense with an inexperience QB? Seems like Marrone is going to run his system whether the team has the personnel to do it. I've ask a question, can I still be a Bills fan?

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

What?
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                  Oh that's right, Bills fans aren't allowed to ask questions. I also have to question why we are running this high tempo offense with an inexperience QB? Seems like Marrone is going to run his system whether the team has the personnel to do it. I've ask a question, can I still be a Bills fan?
                  Why do you think they don't have the personnel to run it?
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

pettine is a far bigger risk than marrone as an nfl hc imo. pettine has no hc experience anywhere and his only solo dc experience was here for one season. he appears to be a good dc but its a big leap to be a first time ever hc. i can pretty much guarantee hes going to fail in cleveland, was probably going to fail anyplace he went as nfl hc for this first go round. personally i wouldnt want him as our hc even if we had the need. let him go learn the job somewhere else

criticism of hackett is fair. he has made a string of mistakes, the most glaring being not having a qb coach last season. dishonorable mention to having a fourth string rookie throw the ball on third and goal at the one after youve been stuffed the last seven straight times in short yardage goal to go when a fg would put you up by two scores late in the third quarter against the only undefeated team in the league all while a soulless red haired bastard is yelling at the tv before the snap please god do anything except throw the ball bc everybody on the defense knows its coming and will be looking to turn this game around that you have controlled up to this point please for the love of dog run into the god damn line again and kick the fg

but it appears marrone realizes he need to put pressure on hackett by hiring a former oc and qb coach in jim hostler. it speaks volumes that he hired him AFTER hackett selected his lightly experienced qb coach, which says to me marrone has delegated those decisions to hackett but doesnt like the decisions hes making. hackett appears squarely on the hot seat now and needs to get his own game in order or hostler is going to be the new oc
                    Last edited by Meathead; 06-07-2014, 08:34 PM.
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

btw fantastic recovery by marrone getting schwartz. i not sure pettine gets a guy of that stature if hes hc instead of marrone
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Anyone stupid enough to coach the Browns' mess makes me suspect of them, stupid is as .....

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          Anyone stupid enough to coach the Browns' mess makes me suspect of them, stupid is as .....
                          There are a lot of people who might say the same about the Bills. Hell, I get confused looks when people find out I'm a fan.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Marrone's two biggest mistakes are choosing Hackett and his marriage to EJ. I don't see him getting over it unless he stops the blind allegiance. His understanding of basic time clock management is also an issue.
                            Who is the last Bills coach that understood time management?
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• sudzy
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              Why do you think they don't have the personnel to run it?
                              Maybe you missed the part of my post were I said
                              I also have to question why we are running this high tempo offense with an inexperience QB
                              . This isn't a team that is going to win a shootout with Tom Brady. On paper it looks more like team that could keep Brady on the bench, in my opinion. Huge OL, 3 good RBs and a solid defense. EJ needs to stay healthy and build his confidence, if he's going to become a good NFL QB. More plays equal a great chance of him getting injured (something he's prone to) and making mistakes. I would run an offense that pounds the ball, controls the clock and showcases EJ's arm and the WRs speed with strategically places play action passes. If the offense goes 3 and out, the defense gets like 30 seconds of rest. Hey, if EJ makes it, in a few years, then go ahead and run high tempo. The high tempo offense is exciting, it will sell tickets, will it win anymore games? I don't think so without a solid QB. And I'm not afraid to win the boring 3-0 game.

Comment

Working...
                              X