PDA

View Full Version : I'd be willing to bet that EJ gets some type of injury this season

Skooby
06-10-2014, 10:15 AM
We have 5 preseason games & think there's no way EJ makes it through this year without an injury that causes him to miss playing time at some point. So to be clear here, I'm willing to wager Zonebucks that EJ misses playing time at some point during this season. Who here is willing to bet on him staying healthy & not missing any playing time ?

Ginger Vitis
06-10-2014, 10:19 AM
We have 5 preseason games & think there's no way EJ makes it through this year without an injury that causes him to miss playing time at some point. So to be clear here, I'm willing to wager Zonebucks that EJ misses playing time at some point during this season. Who here is willing to bet on him staying healthy & not missing any playing time ?

You're really sticking your neck out and going out on a limb predicting EJ will get hurt

Dr. Lecter
What is the percentage of NFL players that do not suffer some kind of injury during the season?

ThunderGun
That's a bold prediction there, Nostradamus.

ThunderGun
06-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm willing to bet that one of our rookie linemen get some holding penalties this season. Any takers?

Dr. Lecter
06-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I am willing to bet Skooby starts a pointless thread (again) by the end of the week.

Any takers?

Skooby
06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
The point of this thread is that we have a QB that people can't even bet fake money on to stay healthy, yet we did nothing in an attempt to deepen the position this off-season. When I mean nothing, we changed nothing past counting on EJ staying healthy. Who's really betting here, myself or our management & coaches ?

THATHURMANATOR
06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Why are we even talking about this?

Maybe he does

Skooby
06-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Why are we even talking about this?

Maybe he does

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to be a realist. No one in their right mind would bet on this guy staying healthy yet our team has ? Can you say going for broke ? We utilized all our resources to make improvements yet have a guy that looks to be injured at some point penned in as our starter, so what if he gets hurt again (which is like a given)?

The whole management team is recklessly abandoned reality, no way EJ stays healthy yet nobody behind him that can play. No one here in their right mind would even bet fake money, it's like throwing it away. Doesn't that mean that our team has already F-ed up by trying to bet on EJ being healthy all season ?

Yasgur's Farm
06-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Odds Skooby? It's a 1/16 chance if he misses 1 regular season game. Based on the 6 games he missed last season, I'm gonna need you to put up 53,333 ZB's to my 20,000 ZB's.

Ground rules...
1) Must be a regular season game.
2) Must be a complete game missed.

Skooby
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Odds Skooby?

I'll give 5-1 Odds, so if you bet a ZB / you get 5 ZB's back if he doesn't miss any time to injury.

Yasgur's Farm
06-10-2014, 11:24 AM
My 20 large to your 100 large as follows...
Ground rules...

Deal?

BuffaloWingEater
06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
EJ has long legs like Tom Brady without the brain. He will take hits because he is to slow to get the ball away and have a lower body injury.

Skooby
06-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Ground rules...

Deal?

Any game / any time. A few snaps don't count, it has to be they say EJ is out for the game because he's injured. They announce those things & discuss it right after the game in post-game conferences. It's not like they won't ask the coach how's EJ if he's hurt.

Yasgur's Farm
06-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Nope... Too confusing.

Change it to 3:1 (60K:20K) odds... My ground rules as previously stated.

Skooby
06-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Nope... Too confusing.

Change it to 3:1 (60K:20K) odds... My ground rules as previously stated.

2.5:1 (50K:20K) & I'm in on your rules.

Yasgur's Farm
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Done... My 20K is down.

Yasgur's Farm
06-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Anybody else wanna go after a piece of Skooby?

TedMock
06-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Doesn't roughly 1/3 of starting QB's miss starts every year?

DynaPaul
06-10-2014, 04:41 PM
What's the over/under on a sprained labia?

Night Train
06-10-2014, 04:50 PM

Who wouldn't like to hide his keyboard ?

Skooby
06-10-2014, 05:22 PM
What's the over/under on a sprained labia?

1/9.

BertSquirtgum
06-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I'd be willing to bet that there will be three new threads started by you tomorrow.

kishoph
06-10-2014, 09:48 PM
2.5:1 (50K:20K) & I'm in on your rules.

Ground rules...

Deal?

I got 20,000 ZB's under these conditions.

Skooby
06-10-2014, 11:34 PM
I got 20,000 ZB's under these conditions.

I never agreed to this, it's 2.5 to 1 under those conditions.

kishoph
06-11-2014, 03:20 AM
I never agreed to this, it's 2.5 to 1 under those conditions.

"2.5:1 (50K:20K) & I'm in on your rules."

50K to 20K is what I'll take under the condition,
2) Must be a complete game missed

Skooby
06-11-2014, 07:44 AM
"2.5:1 (50K:20K) & I'm in on your rules."

50K to 20K is what I'll take under the condition,
2) Must be a complete game missed

I'm ready, are you in ??

Fletch
06-11-2014, 07:47 AM

Odds seem to be with this happening. If he misses more than a game or two though it will likely spell the end of his, not to mention Marrone's, and hopefully Whaley's tenures.

We'll see though. Nothing like speculating on injuries in June.

- - - Updated - - -

Who wouldn't like to hide his keyboard ?

LOL

I'm sure that some would like to hide mine as well.

jamze132
06-11-2014, 07:48 AM
He's going to miss multiple games and Thad will play better (just like last year). Sadly it will result in another ****ty record.

Fletch
06-11-2014, 07:52 AM
What is the percentage of NFL players that do not suffer some kind of injury during the season?

Here are the QBs that made it through all 16 last season without getting injured anyway:

Brady
Manning
Ryan
Brees
Stafford
Flacco
Tannehill
Dalton
Rapistburger
Palmer
Luck
E. Manning
Rivers
Newton
Geno Smith
Kaepernick
Wilson

Others made it but just didn't play 16 games because they were replaced.

Alex Smith and Romo both made it through 15 games.

That's 19 QBs, most of which are average or better, that made it through 15 or 16 games.

Since you asked, those are the QBs that finished anyway.

In the AFC, all 6 playoff teams had their QBs in that group.

In the NFC all but GB and Philly were in that group. Rodgers got hurt, kinda like Brady in '08, for the first time in the 6 seasons he's been starting, and in Philly they had Foles and Vick, not sure how much of that was injury and how much was performance.

Fletch
06-11-2014, 08:01 AM
I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to be a realist. No one in their right mind would bet on this guy staying healthy yet our team has ? Can you say going for broke ? We utilized all our resources to make improvements yet have a guy that looks to be injured at some point penned in as our starter, so what if he gets hurt again (which is like a given)?

The whole management team is recklessly abandoned reality, no way EJ stays healthy yet nobody behind him that can play. No one here in their right mind would even bet fake money, it's like throwing it away. Doesn't that mean that our team has already F-ed up by trying to bet on EJ being healthy all season ?

Doesn't sound like anyone would disagree.

Once again though, in tracking trends and history, at least recent history, meaning last season, that teams that don't have their QBs stay healthy don't have great chances of making the playoffs, and of those that do, GB and Philly, both were ousted in the WC round.

I guess looking backwards at the '13 Draft, Whaley faced two odds-against propositions in reaching to draft Manuel, first, the notion that the coaches gave up on coaching him at FSU and dumbed down the system in his Jr. and Sr. seasons, and second, his predisposition to minor injuries, which one can only assume will be made more prominent in the NFL. Again, raising questions as to Whaley's decision making.

It'll all wash out this season one way or another.

Fletch
06-11-2014, 08:03 AM

Yes, 13 of 32 last season. But not all due to injury. Some just suck and get replaced, or have rookies sitting out a few games before taking over, etc.

Bill Cody
06-11-2014, 09:23 AM

ok leaving aside that there's a good chance you may be right, can you tell me why would a Bills fan want to bet their starting QB gets injured? Seems twisted.

Are you the type that has a car full of guys on the way to KFC and yells out "who wants to bet that none of us will have a dead mouse in his chicken"?

Skooby
06-11-2014, 10:13 AM
ok leaving aside that there's a good chance you may be right, can you tell me why would a Bills fan want to bet their starting QB gets injured? Seems twisted.

Are you the type that has a car full of guys on the way to KFC and yells out "who wants to bet that none of us will have a dead mouse in his chicken"?

You'd be amazed how a little of the KFC secret spice brings the mouse's best flavor out, LOL. That being said, I hope I lose but I know I'll win so either way I can't lose. If EJ stays healthy all season, odds are the Bills will do better than they normally do. If EJ gets hurt, he's as done as fried chicken (ironically mentioned earlier) & I get a load of ZB's which I get every couple of days anyways.

Yasgur's Farm
06-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I still want my ZB's back that I lost a couple years ago when we switched over the MB software.

Historian
06-11-2014, 10:48 AM
If EJ gets hurt, he's as done as fried chicken (ironically mentioned earlier) & I get a load of ZB's which I get every couple of days anyways.

I'll give you a million ZBs to stop creating these inane threads Skoob...

Skooby
06-11-2014, 11:06 AM
A Bold prediction:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2090471-4-bold-and-slightly-less-bold-predictions-for-the-2014-buffalo-bills/page/3

stuckincincy
06-11-2014, 11:25 AM
An "article" By Brandon Croce , Featured Columnist, Jun 10, 2014...

Probably a young media intern - a.k.a. fresh veal in that biz. :kid:

Bill Cody
06-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I get a load which I get every couple of days anyways.

I'm not surprised at this

mayotm
06-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I'll give you a million ZBs to stop creating these inane threads Skoob...
I'll add in 1,000 Shrute Bucks and 1,000 Stanley Nickels.

Skooby
06-11-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm not surprised at this

Transfer your ZB into your bank & you'll get interest. Hit the Bzstore tab up top, then hit bank & deposit.

Bill Cody
06-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Transfer your ZB into your bank & you'll get interest. Hit the Bzstore tab up top, then hit bank & deposit.

you missed my little joke

trapezeus
06-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Odds seem to be with this happening. If he misses more than a game or two though it will likely spell the end of his, not to mention Marrone's, and hopefully Whaley's tenures.

We'll see though. Nothing like speculating on injuries in June.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL

I'm sure that some would like to hide mine as well.

What will firing manuel, marrone and whaley get us? as long as brandon and littman are there, they will never develop a proper scouting department and solid GM structure. the bills could save a crap load but cutting those two guys and hiring staff to fill in a stable and knowledgable GM and scouting department. but they love their loyalty.

it simply doesn't matter. the bills have sucked since brandon stepped foot into one bills drive. it will not change until he leaves.

Skooby
06-11-2014, 12:12 PM
you missed my little joke

I went by it.

kishoph
06-11-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm ready, are you in ??\

I'm in.

He's going to miss multiple games and Thad will play better (just like last year). Sadly it will result in another ****ty record.

I don't understand how people thing that Thad Lewis played better than Manuel last season.

Skooby
06-11-2014, 12:22 PM
\

I'm in.

Cool, thanks.

Yasgur's Farm
06-11-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't understand how people thing that Thad Lewis played better than Manuel last season.Prepare yourself for a moving target.

kishoph
06-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Prepare yourself for a moving target.

Well if it's from the grammar police because I typed thing instead of think, I'm alright with that, if it's someone trying to convince themselves that Lewis played better than Manuel, I'm still confused.

Bill Cody
06-11-2014, 03:29 PM
I went by it.

ok u have 1.7m zone bucks. Aren't you near retirement?:trance:

better days
06-11-2014, 07:37 PM
ok u have 1.7m zone bucks. Aren't you near retirement?:trance:

Mitch is living off his zone bucks in exclusive Naples Fla.

Skooby
06-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Mitch is living off his zone bucks in exclusive Naples Fla.

LOL, Classic.

JoeMama
06-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I bet the Bills lose more than one game this year. A super bold prediction on my part!

Any takers?

Of course EJ's going to get injured at some point.

This bet is like gambling if the sun will rise tomorrow.

Luckily for some of you guys zonebucks are as useful/valuable as a chia pet.

Skooby
06-11-2014, 09:59 PM
I bet the Bills lose more than one game this year. A super bold prediction on my part!

Any takers?

Of course EJ's going to get injured at some point.

This bet is like gambling if the sun will rise tomorrow.

Luckily for some of you guys zonebucks are as useful/valuable as a chia pet.

You're wrecking my action here, I need more gamblers like our current management.

JoeMama
06-11-2014, 10:10 PM
You're wrecking my action here, I need more gamblers like our current management.

Well then sorry to throw a wet blanket on your fun.

I think any Bills fan, whether they're EJ homers or EJ haters, understand he's working with gimpy knees and he'll miss time at some point.

Yasgur's Farm
06-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Thus the 2.5:1 odds.

17 QB's played all 16 games last season... That alone makes it 2.1333:1 odds.

Skooby
06-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Thus the 2.5:1 odds.

17 QB's played all 16 games last season... That alone makes it 2.1333:1 odds.

How many of the injured QB's had 3 separate knee injuries ?

Yasgur's Farm
06-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Is that you Doctor Skooby?

I prefer to look toward positive outcomes... Especially while reading a bunch of posts, from people with no inside knowledge, who are hoping for a train wreck, just so they can say "I was right".

I'm not gonna engage in any dick measuring contests.

Skooby
06-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Anyone else ??

better days
06-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Well then sorry to throw a wet blanket on your fun.

I think any Bills fan, whether they're EJ homers or EJ haters, understand he's working with gimpy knees and he'll miss time at some point.

I don't know that there are any EJ homers on this board.

There are the HATERS & then the rest of us are in wait & see mode.

JoeMama
06-22-2014, 09:58 PM
I don't know that there are any EJ homers on this board.

There are the HATERS & then the rest of us are in wait & see mode.

No, wait & see is one thing. Labeling everyone who doubts him as a hater is different.

There aren't many EJ haters on this board.

Or if there are, they're equal in number to his homers.

better days
06-22-2014, 10:31 PM
No, wait & see is one thing. Labeling everyone who doubts him as a hater is different.

There aren't many EJ haters on this board.

Or if there are, they're equal in number to his homers.

I think there are a few HATERS & we all know who they are, & I don't really know of anybody who really loves EJ as a QB

I think 99.99% of this board is in wait & see mode.

Mike
06-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Odds Skooby? It's a 1/16 chance if he misses 1 regular season game. Based on the 6 games he missed last season, I'm gonna need you to put up 53,333 ZB's to my 20,000 ZB's.

Ground rules...

So you believe this to be a High Risk Wager and want better than 2-1 Odds? You therefore agree with the premise of the thread: EJ is injury prone and will get hurt - thus a 1-1 odds are unfair.

Compared to the average QB Situation, It is more likely that a QB misses a game because he is BENCHED than because of injury. Would you expect same odds that he is Benched?
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/4/14/5613332/nfl-injuries-qbs-are-more-at-risk-of-being-benched-than-they-are-of

PS; I am willing to make a wager as well. That EJ does not have a good season. If your interested let me know and we can define what a 'good season' means and the odds. As a caveat, if you are a strong EJ supporter I would expect at least 1-1 odds.

Mike
06-23-2014, 10:44 AM

more miss games because of being benched than due to injury. so there should be a higher chance of EJ getting benched than being injured... but all bets are off because he is injury prone :)

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/4/14/5613332/nfl-injuries-qbs-are-more-at-risk-of-being-benched-than-they-are-of

Yasgur's Farm
06-23-2014, 11:19 AM
So you believe this to be a High Risk Wager and want better than 2-1 Odds? You therefore agree with the premise of the thread: EJ is injury prone and will get hurt - thus a 1-1 odds are unfair.

Compared to the average QB Situation, It is more likely that a QB misses a game because he is BENCHED than because of injury. Would you expect same odds that he is Benched?

PS; I am willing to make a wager as well. That EJ does not have a good season. If your interested let me know and we can define what a 'good season' means and the odds. As a caveat, if you are a strong EJ supporter I would expect at least 1-1 odds.

1) I took what I saw as fair odds based on actual starting QB injury ratio... Those odds reflect that and that alone. But of course you're free to make whatever accusations you'd like.
2) I'm a wait and see guy on EJ... Therefore I will not take a bet predicting his success this season. However, I do believe he has this chance coming to him. And as a Bills fan, it's better for us that he be successful.

better days
06-23-2014, 12:35 PM
more miss games because of being benched than due to injury. so there should be a higher chance of EJ getting benched than being injured... but all bets are off because he is injury prone :)

No mention of Matt Stafford Lions QB in that article.

I know he missed a number of games because of injury.

Also no mention of Kolb. He would have started for the Bills last year if not injured.

That article is FLAWED.

Skooby
06-23-2014, 02:39 PM

Yeah, go make your own thread about it & go nuts.

Yasgur's Farm
10-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Just want to keep this thread fresh Skooby... I can almost smell the $50K.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Funny one of my friend said he really hoped Watt would have one more foul hit on EJ and put him out of commission in the Houston game, particularly first half where he went nuts on EJ. Then Orton would come in just play safe and win the game for us. Then go to Detroit and never look back after that.

Skooby
10-07-2014, 08:29 PM
EJ had an abdominal injury, he was listed on the injury report as well:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=buffalo-bills&id=13653&src=desktop

Can't throw a great ball without your abs being injured, it's a shame.

BertSquirtgum
10-07-2014, 08:38 PM
EJ had an abdominal injury, he was listed on the injury report as well:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=buffalo-bills&id=13653&src=desktop

Can't throw a great ball without your abs being injured, it's a shame.

Are you saying you need your abs injured to throw a great ball?