PDA

View Full Version : Lottery changes coming...NOT NEXT YEAR

DetDannyWilliams
06-11-2014, 05:09 PM
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-color: rgb(245, 248, 250); border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; font-weight: bold; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; "> Follow</button>

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1554653523/lebrun_twitter_49669_bigger.jpgPierre LeBrunVerified account‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(177, 187, 195); ">@</s>Real_ESPNLeBrun (https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun)

Sabres GM Tim Murray says GMs have agreed to change draft lottery but not as early next year. So he's obviously pleased with that.

JATMtheJATM
06-11-2014, 05:10 PM
beautiful. no lottery changes, no expansion teams. sabres should be in the top 3 next year again. nice.

Dr. Lecter
06-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Maybe twice!

coastal
06-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Floflo?

Downinfloflo
06-12-2014, 01:34 PM
What?

I'm busy watching my team play for the Cup, Not the draft lottery...:giggity:

But if you would like I can give an opinion.....

The NHL will not allow McDavid to go to a small market team like the Sabres.

You will NOT be picking 1st next year no matter how crappy this season goes.

The NHL decides who picks 1st, This years lotto went something like this.

Mr Viola thank you for buying the Florida Panthers, Here is the 1st over pick for your efforts.

JATMtheJATM
06-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Yeah, its not a conspiracy.

Downinfloflo
06-12-2014, 02:02 PM

He's going to a larger media market to help sell the game.

He can't sell the game playing for Buffalo.

coastal
06-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Hockey Mecca... deal with it.

And remember flo... there's no points for second place.

Downinfloflo
06-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Hockey Mecca... deal with it.

And remember flo... there's no points for second place.

Half the country never heard of the Buffalo Bills, You think they know who the hockey team is?

No points for finishing last either that's why the Sabres are picking 2nd.

JATMtheJATM
06-12-2014, 03:08 PM
i guess ill worry about it next year. i dont think anyone expects to win the lottery, as the best chance a team gets is 25%

but the rest of the conspiracy is rubbish.

Skooby
06-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Half the country never heard of the Buffalo Bills, You think they know who the hockey team is?

No points for finishing last either that's why the Sabres are picking 2nd.

Why are you here again ? The weather ?

Downinfloflo
06-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Why are you here again ? The weather ?

Yes...We both live in Naples.

OpIv37
06-13-2014, 07:35 AM
We all know how this goes: Sabres suck again in 14-15 but don't get the #1 overall pick with McDavid.

The NHL changes the lottery rules for 15-16, but the changes would have worked in our favor and made it MORE likely that we would have gotten the #1 in 14-15.

That's how it works for Buffalo sports.

OpIv37
06-13-2014, 07:36 AM

It kinda is. After the Crosby/Malkin thing right when the Penguins were about to fold, I have a real hard time believing that it's truly random.

coastal
06-13-2014, 09:26 AM
McDavid and Eichel are both going to be Buffalo Sabres.

Plus we will get Ekblad this year to round out the leagues most dominant and deep D units.

and floflo will eat our shorts.

don137
06-13-2014, 10:51 AM
He's going to a larger media market to help sell the game.

He can't sell the game playing for Buffalo.

Florida could have Crosby and still couldn't sell the game of hockey to people in the Panthers market no how many people are in south Florida. Half the population never even touched a hockey stick in their life.

Ginger Vitis
06-13-2014, 10:52 AM
We all know how this goes: Sabres suck again in 14-15 but don't get the #1 overall pick with McDavid.

The NHL changes the lottery rules for 15-16, but the changes would have worked in our favor and made it MORE likely that we would have gotten the #1 in 14-15.

That's how it works for Buffalo sports.

No.. The NHL GMs are looking to lower the odds from 25% chance the last place team gets the 1st pick in 15-16... Just be grateful they are not lowering it next year

I get all the love for McDavid but the gap between McDavid and Eichel is not that much.. Granted the pendulum could swing either way by next year..

JATMtheJATM
06-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Florida could have Crosby and still couldn't sell the game of hockey to people in the Panthers market no how many people are in south Florida. Half the population never even touched a hockey stick in their life.

i was down in florida a few weeks ago. where ever i travel, i get a shirt from the local sports team. hockey if i can. so i go to a dicks sporting goods store. here in michigan, they have a HUGE selection of all the local sports teams, wings being the third most after the tigers and UofM. so i go into dicks, and i look at their stuff. i see tons of dolphins, heat, and lots of marlins stuff. so i asked someone if they had any panthers stuff. he goes "no, this is south florida. why would we carry carolina stuff?" and it puzzled me for a minute. he thought i meant carolina panthers. and i go, no, florida panthers. another employee overheard this and walked over and said "yeah, we dont usually carry hockey stuff. sometimes during the season, but even then, its not much."

i knew florida wasnt a hockey hotbed, but the hockey down there seem alien, to say the least.

OpIv37
06-13-2014, 11:26 AM
i was down in florida a few weeks ago. where ever i travel, i get a shirt from the local sports team. hockey if i can. so i go to a dicks sporting goods store. here in michigan, they have a HUGE selection of all the local sports teams, wings being the third most after the tigers and UofM. so i go into dicks, and i look at their stuff. i see tons of dolphins, heat, and lots of marlins stuff. so i asked someone if they had any panthers stuff. he goes "no, this is south florida. why would we carry carolina stuff?" and it puzzled me for a minute. he thought i meant carolina panthers. and i go, no, florida panthers. another employee overheard this and walked over and said "yeah, we dont usually carry hockey stuff. sometimes during the season, but even then, its not much."

i knew florida wasnt a hockey hotbed, but the hockey down there seem alien, to say the least.

The locals don't care about it and the transplants/snowbirds root for the hockey team from their original home city. Same with Phoenix.

It's embarrassing that there are no more Whalers or Nordiques, yet somehow those two teams exist.

Downinfloflo
06-13-2014, 01:18 PM
McDavid and Eichel are both going to be Buffalo Sabres.

Plus we will get Ekblad this year to round out the leagues most dominant and deep D units.

and floflo will eat our shorts.

The Buffalo Panthers.

JATMtheJATM
06-13-2014, 02:22 PM
The locals don't care about it and the transplants/snowbirds root for the hockey team from their original home city. Same with Phoenix.

It's embarrassing that there are no more Whalers or Nordiques, yet somehow those two teams exist.

i really get the feeling that the panthers wont be in southern florida beyond a few more seasons. i wonder if they would have been more successful if they stayed in downtown miami? i dont get why the heat and panthers couldnt share an arena.

Downinfloflo
06-13-2014, 02:49 PM
NHL Attendance Report - 2013-14
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

JATMtheJATM
06-13-2014, 02:52 PM
i wonder how much lower florida would be if they didnt tarp of large sections of the upper bowl.

Downinfloflo
06-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Their Arena holds (19,250) 6th largest in the NHL, It has has 1,250 more seats than MSG (18,000)

Downinfloflo
06-13-2014, 03:12 PM

That's the majority of Americans.

JATMtheJATM
06-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Their Arena holds (19,250) 6th largest in the NHL, It has has 1,250 more seats than MSG (18,000)

dont you find that troublesome? that they are that low? they have to tarp off sections of the upper bowl?

DetDannyWilliams
06-13-2014, 03:36 PM
I've said this before if the Sabres don't get McDavid, Eichel could fall right into the Sabres lap! not a bad consolation prize

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014/04/30/jack-eichel-the-american-prospect-everyone-is-talking-about/