PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Difference Between EJ Manuel and Every Bills QB Since Jim Kelly Is?

BillsImpossible
06-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Collins, Flutie, Johnson, Van Pelt, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick.

The biggest difference?

I think he's better than all of them. He's got the physical tools, he's got the mental tools, he most definitely has the will, and perhaps the most important/biggest difference between EJ and previous Bills QB's since Jim Kelly is how his teammates really like him as the leader of their team.

Collins wasn't a leader. Manuel is.

Flutie's ego rubbed too many guys the wrong way. Manuel doesn't really have an ego.

Johnson was a guy who never acted like he wanted to be here. Manuel seems happy to be in Buffalo.

Van Pelt was a good backup. Comparing the Dough Boy to EJ isn't fair.

Bledsoe was less mobile than the Statue of Liberty. Manuel is mobile.

Losman never earned the respect of his teammates. Manuel is far more mature.

Edwards was a gamer until he got his bell rung too many times as a smaller QB. EJ is much bigger.

Fitzpatrick was a gamer too but his arm strength was limited and the long ball wasn't in his vocabulary. EJ can throw the long ball.

Manuel's health is the biggest concern, but I don't think it's the biggest difference between the rest.

TacklingDummy
06-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Manuel is black?

TacklingDummy
06-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Manuel makes China Doll look like Lou Gehrig.

justasportsfan
06-11-2014, 09:01 PM
More wishful thinking than fact.

Ej can't even hit a dink better than Trent. He's as durable as Robosack so far. He definitely can't hit the deep ball like JP. I doubt he's as well liked and respected as Fitz was by his teammates.

GingerP
06-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Manuel is black?

That was the first thing that came to mind with me as well.

Skooby
06-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Manuel is black?

Lets go with the 2nd biggest difference.

Topas
06-12-2014, 01:47 AM
ROFL. So you find one attribute that he is better in compared to each other QB. But each of the other QBs might be better in 5 other attributes that you always not mentioned.
You know, e.g. Michael Vick is more athletic than Peyton Manning and he has a stronger arm than Brady. So he is better than both of those QBs according to your logic...

I would say the difference is that he is more injury prone and more inaccurate than the other QBs. Ok, Fitz might be on the same level with regard to inaccuracy, I give you that.

Night Train
06-12-2014, 03:37 AM
...Is they're Not Jim Kelly

Get training camp moving. These assinine threads the last month are pure death.

swiper
06-12-2014, 04:46 AM
...Is they're Not Jim Kelly

Get training camp moving. These assinine threads the last month are pure death.

I was about to say. No need to duplicate a post however.

YardRat
06-12-2014, 05:29 AM
More wishful thinking than fact.

Ej can't even hit a dink better than Trent. He's as durable as Robosack so far. He definitely can't hit the deep ball like JP. I doubt he's as well liked and respected as Fitz was by his teammates.

Just because he has yet to close his eyes and chuck it up for grabs as far down the field as he can throw it doesn't mean he isn't willing to try.

ParanoidAndroid
06-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Drew Bledsoe? Doug Flutie? He has a ways to go to prove he's as good let alone better than those two. He's not even at Fitzpatrick status yet, although he did show the ability to make plays at the end of games unlike Fitz who had a knack for throwing the game ending interception.

Fletch
06-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Manuel makes China Doll look like Lou Gehrig.

LMAO

Novacane
06-12-2014, 08:04 AM
The only difference between EJ and everyone on that list is we don't know for sure about EJ yet. He could end up better than everyone on your list or could end up the worst.

trapezeus
06-12-2014, 08:45 AM
for everyone giving skoobs a hard time for posting, these ultra sugary sweet threads are harder to read. i want EJ to do well, but he has shown absolutely nothing to distinguish himself from kevin kolb at this point. that's being harsh, but he didn't stay healthy and he was fairly volatile. he had some pretty good games and some pretty bad ones in the 10 he played. we all expect that from a rookie. he didn't look better as he wore on which is one sign that it will get better.

so i don't think we have any information to make a solid opinion

Bill Cody
06-12-2014, 08:54 AM
He's got the physical tools, he's got the mental tools

I've got a lot of tools too but I'm not a licensed carpenter

Bill Cody
06-12-2014, 08:55 AM
for everyone giving skoobs a hard time for posting, these ultra sugary sweet threads are harder to read.

No doubt. I have to limit my sugar intake

Skooby
06-12-2014, 08:55 AM
for everyone giving skoobs a hard time for posting, these ultra sugary sweet threads are harder to read. i want EJ to do well, but he has shown absolutely nothing to distinguish himself from kevin kolb at this point. that's being harsh, but he didn't stay healthy and he was fairly volatile. he had some pretty good games and some pretty bad ones in the 10 he played. we all expect that from a rookie. he didn't look better as he wore on which is one sign that it will get better.

so i don't think we have any information to make a solid opinion

I'm posting positive things as well, Pegula becoming even more liquid a few days ago might spell that he's ready to buy the Bills. Pegula won't be moving the team & if anything the Bills would be playing in a new stadium downtown, can't see how this could be considered a negative.

WagonCircler
06-12-2014, 10:04 AM

The biggest difference?

I think he's better than all of them..

The biggest difference is that YOU THINK he's better than all of them?

You actually started a thread about this?

CoolBreeze
06-12-2014, 10:29 AM
I get sad thinking about JP Losman. The guy had every physical tool to be successful in this league, his confidence and football intelligence just weren't there. So I'll say EJs confidence.

justasportsfan
06-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Just because he has yet to close his eyes and chuck it up for grabs as far down the field as he can throw it doesn't mean he isn't willing to try.
Never said he wasn't willing. He's just not as good whether he keeps his eyes open or closed.

jills
06-12-2014, 04:47 PM
OP is reaching biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig time.

DynaPaul
06-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Was this thread endorsed by Chris Brown and Russ Brandon?

jamze132
06-13-2014, 02:39 AM

The biggest difference?

I think he's better than all of them. He's got the physical tools, he's got the mental tools, he most definitely has the will, and perhaps the most important/biggest difference between EJ and previous Bills QB's since Jim Kelly is how his teammates really like him as the leader of their team.

Collins wasn't a leader. Manuel is.

Flutie's ego rubbed too many guys the wrong way. Manuel doesn't really have an ego.

Johnson was a guy who never acted like he wanted to be here. Manuel seems happy to be in Buffalo.

Van Pelt was a good backup. Comparing the Dough Boy to EJ isn't fair.

Bledsoe was less mobile than the Statue of Liberty. Manuel is mobile.

Losman never earned the respect of his teammates. Manuel is far more mature.

Edwards was a gamer until he got his bell rung too many times as a smaller QB. EJ is much bigger.

Fitzpatrick was a gamer too but his arm strength was limited and the long ball wasn't in his vocabulary. EJ can throw the long ball.

Manuel's health is the biggest concern, but I don't think it's the biggest difference between the rest.

I think you're a bit confused. EJ is a combination of all QBs above. Net result is another sub .500 season.

Fletch
06-13-2014, 06:50 AM
To sum up:

Manuel is [a leader.]

Manuel doesn't really have an ego.

Manuel seems happy to be in Buffalo.

Manuel is mobile.

Manuel is far more mature. [than Losman]

EJ is much bigger. [than Edwards]

EJ can throw the long ball.

When you remove the comparisons, how impressive is this list?

Essentially you've said that Manuel's a big QB that has mobility, he's a leader who's mature and one without an ego, he likes Buffalo and can throw a deep ball.

Are those the most important things?

Also, I would question how much of an effective leader he is at this point.

He can throw a deep ball but not where it should go on a regular basis. Like Losman, although maybe not quite as bad, his accuracy on short throws isn't good.

For such a mobile QB he sure gets sacked a lot, wouldn't you say? 28 times in 10 games, an average of 2.8 sacks/game and 45 sacks per 16 games, which is about what Bledsoe averaged, who was less mobile than the Statue of Liberty. What should we make of that?

The fact that he likes Buffalo, is big, or doesn't have an ego is irrelevant. Those things in and of themselves don't mean a thing.

The fact that he is big, mobile, and has arm-strength and leadership qualities but yet cannot perform better suggests quite a bit wrong on the technical and mental side of things, wouldn't you say?