PDA

View Full Version : Could the other NFL owners collude to make sure our new owner is transitory ?

Skooby
06-12-2014, 07:20 PM
The other owners don't have a great financial gain by the Buffalo Bills staying in Buffalo & have the power to veto whoever we chose as an owner, would they be willing to do some steering ? These guys didn't become wealthy by accident & I'm pretty sure that none of hold major Buffalo based interests, so wouldn't that deter them for voting on the team assuredly staying in place ? Other locations hold a vastly larger viewing population & offer advertising opportunities that extend vastly beyond the best expectations currently, so why would they want the team to stay in Buffalo ?

You can't trust a Billionaire outside of our area & they got that type of money by stepping on everything in their way, should we expect different now ?

coastal
06-12-2014, 07:40 PM
I believe Tom Donahoe was an NFL corporate mole sent here to destroy the franchise and spy on Ralph Wilson.

Skooby
06-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I believe Tom Donahoe was an NFL corporate mole sent here to destroy the franchise and spy on Ralph Wilson.

A highly likely scenario indeed.

Pondslider
06-12-2014, 09:34 PM
The other owners don't have a great financial gain by the Buffalo Bills staying in Buffalo & have the power to veto whoever we chose as an owner, would they be willing to do some steering ? These guys didn't become wealthy by accident & I'm pretty sure that none of hold major Buffalo based interests, so wouldn't that deter them for voting on the team assuredly staying in place ? Other locations hold a vastly larger viewing population & offer advertising opportunities that extend vastly beyond the best expectations currently, so why would they want the team to stay in Buffalo ?

You can't trust a Billionaire outside of our area & they got that type of money by stepping on everything in their way, should we expect different now ?

I'll play along.

There isn't really a financial benefit for the league to keep the Bills in Buffalo, per se, but the relocation fee for a team in Los Angeles was estimated at $275 million in 2011 (http://www.footballphds.com/2011/12/19/nfl-in-la-relocation-fees-for-los-angeles-currently-at-275-million/) and the expansion fee was estimated at $1 billion+ in 2012 (http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2012/02/04/nfl-owners-to-split-over-2-billion-when-league-adds-two-teams/), so as long as there is a legit offer to keep the Bills in Buffalo the owners stand to gain more by expanding in the next few years instead.

Skooby
06-12-2014, 10:05 PM
I'll play along.

There isn't really a financial benefit for the league to keep the Bills in Buffalo, per se, but the relocation fee for a team in Los Angeles was estimated at $275 million in 2011 (http://www.footballphds.com/2011/12/19/nfl-in-la-relocation-fees-for-los-angeles-currently-at-275-million/) and the expansion fee was estimated at $1 billion+ in 2012 (http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2012/02/04/nfl-owners-to-split-over-2-billion-when-league-adds-two-teams/), so as long as there is a legit offer to keep the Bills in Buffalo the owners stand to gain more by expanding in the next few years instead.

Since they can't move the team for 7-10 years & the current NFL TV contracts expire in 2022, how does this work?

Fletch
06-13-2014, 12:18 AM

Well, the results came through, who knows what his goals were. His decisions are still paying dividends here.

trapezeus
06-16-2014, 07:36 AM
this iron clad lease that ralph gets credit for was approved by the NFL. If the owners didn't like it, it wouldn't have been signed. i think the owners just want to see a value that they believe is accurate and a reflection of current rates for a team. they won't gift buffalo a team, but they aren't jonesing to take it away either.

Historian
06-16-2014, 07:39 AM
These threads are like a car crash on the thruway...you almost have to look.

:shakeno:

Fletch
06-16-2014, 04:14 PM
These threads are like a car crash on the thruway...you almost have to look.

:shakeno:

LOL

You have to admit, there's definitely something to worry about though. We can't alter the outcome so we're powerless, but it is concerning.

mayotm
06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Should people who post on the Billszone collude to ban Skooby?

DynaPaul
06-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Wanting more and more pie and trying to move historic franchises like Buffalo is what will kill the NFL.

Fletch
06-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Wanting more and more pie and trying to move historic franchises like Buffalo is what will kill the NFL.

The NFL is killing itself by a thousand paper cuts. You watch a soccer match and it's over in less than 2 hours. Football games these days are closer to 3-1/2 hours than 3. Commercial city.

IMO the final nails will be driven into the coffin when they put teams in England or expand the playoffs, whichever comes first.

The NFL became less about football and more about money years ago. There is a happy medium, but they're well beyond that.

BertSquirtgum
06-16-2014, 07:27 PM
The NFL is killing itself by a thousand paper cuts. You watch a soccer match and it's over in less than 2 hours. Football games these days are closer to 3-1/2 hours than 3. Commercial city.

IMO the final nails will be driven into the coffin when they put teams in England or expand the playoffs, whichever comes first.

The NFL became less about football and more about money years ago. There is a happy medium, but they're well beyond that.

You're one of the few who cares about that. Too many millions of people don't care what you think and will continue to watch including me.

Skooby
06-16-2014, 08:41 PM

Money makes the product stay on the field, profit increases keeps it viable.

WagonCircler
06-16-2014, 09:00 PM
You watch a soccer match and it's over in less than 2 hours. .

And yet, it feels like 30 days in solitary confinement.

Skooby
06-16-2014, 10:10 PM
And yet, it feels like 30 days in solitary confinement.

Without light.