X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Jacobs' family may pay for stadium to keep Bills here

Yet the article doesn't mention which ownership group they'd work with to do so. Thoughts?
  • Dr. Who
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jacobs' family may pay for stadium to keep Bills here

I don't really know who Adam Benigni is, but he is tweeting that Pegula is the partner they are considering working with.
    All this is setting up about as good as one could possibly hope for.
    Last edited by Dr. Who; 06-13-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

adam Benigni is channel 2 news in buffalo. Reliable person to listen to on twitter. i follow him. he isn't too speculative and post too much. but the stuff he says is pretty well researched. not a guarantee to be correct, but not like a scooby thread of just random hope.

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

Seriously, this is shaping up to be the best news in the history of the franchise. And there's really not a close second.

I'm almost never optimistic when it comes to Buffalo sports or politics or economic prospects, but I've been dreaming of Pegula stepping up and saving the team, and of a new stadium Downtown, near the FNC. And while I know full well that it could all come crashing down, these are not pipe dreams. In fact based on actual REAL, recent history (like all the development near the arena), and looking at very real prospects like business interests of both Pegula and Jacobs, this is more than a pipe dream.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          adam Benigni is channel 2 news in buffalo. Reliable person to listen to on twitter. i follow him. he isn't too speculative and post too much. but the stuff he says is pretty well researched. not a guarantee to be correct, but not like a scooby thread of just random hope.
          So I post Pegula just sold a land block for $1.75 B & post a random hope he'll bid on the Bills yet I can't hope?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

It's a natural for Pegula and Jacobs to work together on a new stadium. Delaware North, through SportsService, already has the concessions at First Niagara Center, so the parties are already working together.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Pegula as one of the investors in a Jacobs-led stadium venture.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

RIP " We're Moving ! " threads.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Sounds like an ideal partnership, now let's just wait for it to happen.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Who
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  Thanks. I live in Atlanta, so I'm not up on local Buffalo news. When I was a kid, Irv Weinstein was the news anchor and Rick Azar covered sports. That's how far back I go . . . tempus fugit.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Pegula/Jacobs these are the guys I'm rooting for ... please make this happen.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                      Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                      I don't really know who Adam Benigni is, but he is tweeting that Pegula is the partner they are considering working with.
                      All this is setting up about as good as one could possibly hope for.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

daniel kaplan @dkaplanSBJ Saw report Jacobs family doesn't want 2 own Bills, but build and run stadium. NFL rejected that with AEG in LA, won't happen in Buffalo

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          daniel kaplan @dkaplanSBJ Saw report Jacobs family doesn't want 2 own Bills, but build and run stadium. NFL rejected that with AEG in LA, won't happen in Buffalo
                          No team in LA, so is it the same?

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            The NFL did not reject it.

AEG has not been able to get a team to agree to be a tenant.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              The NFL did not reject it.

AEG has not been able to get a team to agree to be a tenant.
                              Exactly, it starts with having a team to begin even talking about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X