PDA

View Full Version : If the Giants cut Nassib, should Bills pick him up as 3rd stringer?

Albany,n.y.
06-15-2014, 09:15 PM
He knows the system & he can't be any worse than Tuel. He's really struggling in NJ.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/12/backup-qb-nassib-continues-to-struggle-with-giants/

TacklingDummy
06-15-2014, 09:22 PM
What system? Our QB sucks system? He will be perfect for it.

BertSquirtgum
06-15-2014, 10:49 PM
No

Skooby
06-16-2014, 07:15 AM
He wasn't that great in college.

trapezeus
06-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Hard to say. to me, the bills are helping their cause depth-wise, if they add a veteran with EJ's skill sets. Someone who can step in and win a few games.

Nassib is just as much of a project as EJ. At least Thad has shown he can win a couple games and is a smooth transition from Manuel to lewis.

Nassib's skill set doesn't strike me as similar to EJ....but the positives is that nassib is built like a tank and probably a little durable.

SpikedLemonade
06-16-2014, 08:06 AM
We should become as Syracuse inbred as possible.

They are a great model of success.

Bill Cody
06-16-2014, 08:59 AM
What system? Our QB sucks system? He will be perfect for it.

When is enough enough? Just asking.

Mr. Miyagi
06-16-2014, 09:20 AM
There has always been a long line of negative nancies on this board, from Wys to Op to TD. It's just so much easier to say we suck and when we do, they get to say I told you so. If we don't, they say it's an exception not a rule. I'm not sure how they call themselves "fans" because they're not, just pessimistic observers. They exist in the world, these guys are not the first and won't be the last. So we'll just have to live with it.

GingerP
06-16-2014, 09:55 AM
There has always been a long line of negative nancies on this board, from Wys to Op to TD.

You have to admit, there hasn't been a lot of good in the last 15 years. It is easy to see how someone might get a little jaded.

EDS
06-16-2014, 10:46 AM
The Bills will for sure trade a future draft pick for him.

feldspar
06-16-2014, 12:04 PM
If Nassib cannot separate himself from Curtis Painter and gets cut because of that, he's going to have a hard time finding work anywhere.

Curtis Painter is horrible.

TacklingDummy
06-16-2014, 01:05 PM
When is enough enough? Just asking.when we don't have a QB that's sucks?

TacklingDummy
06-16-2014, 01:07 PM
There has always been a long line of negative nancies on this board, from Wys to Op to TD. It's just so much easier to say we suck and when we do, they get to say I told you so. If we don't, they say it's an exception not a rule. I'm not sure how they call themselves "fans" because they're not, just pessimistic observers. They exist in the world, these guys are not the first and won't be the last. So we'll just have to live with it.
Yes because the QB position has been holding this team down since Kelly retired. That makes me not a fan.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-16-2014, 01:09 PM
If Nassib cannot separate himself from Curtis Painter and gets cut because of that, he's going to have a hard time finding work anywhere.

Curtis Painter is horrible.

Painter is a multi year vet who's got starting experience. That's not to say he's any good on the field, because he's crap, but it does make it likely he comes off sharper in meetings and such than a newbie like Nassib.

I'd be just fine with Nassib as our third stringer, he's got more upside than Tuel.

swiper
06-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Yes because the QB position has been holding this team down since Kelly retired. That makes me not a fan.

No. It just means you get it. Resist the blind homerism that exists on this board. It doesn't mean you're not a Bills fan at all.

Bill Cody
06-16-2014, 03:28 PM

You're a fan. But can we just stipulate that you think Manuel is a hopeless loser and sucks balls AND LEAVE IT AT THAT? Do you really have to make a comment every time his name comes up in any context? Over and over and over? WE GET IT. You're in Coastal territory and that's not a compliment. DING. "Saw the name must post snarky remark". But feel free to carry on if you must. Maybe you and Swiper can get together and jerk each other off to clips of Manuel throwing incompletions.

Fletch
06-16-2014, 04:06 PM
He's really struggling in NJ.

Sounds exactly like the kind of player Whaley would sign.

PromoTheRobot
06-16-2014, 04:35 PM
You have to admit, there hasn't been a lot of good in the last 15 years. It is easy to see how someone might get a little jaded.

Actually I have a lot of good memories in the last 14 years. But that's me. Other people only focus on what's bad because it's their thing.

The Jokeman
06-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Nassib will be forever linked to Marrone and eh if the Giants let him go why not give him a shot as a 3rd stringer, as said he has more upside than Tuehl. That said anyone who think he's going to replace EJ has to remember we selected Manual and Nassib is being in danger of being cut for the Giants for a reason. EJ > Nassib.

TacklingDummy
06-16-2014, 06:44 PM
You're a fan. But can we just stipulate that you think Manuel is a hopeless loser and sucks balls AND LEAVE IT AT THAT? Do you really have to make a comment every time his name comes up in any context? Over and over and over? WE GET IT. You're in Coastal territory and that's not a compliment. DING. "Saw the name must post snarky remark". But feel free to carry on if you must. Maybe you and Swiper can get together and jerk each other off to clips of Manuel throwing incompletions.

Actually I thought I haven't talked about it much at all.

I've started 2 thread about the QB position since October.

TacklingDummy
06-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Actually I have a lot of good memories in the last 14 years. But that's me. Other people only focus on what's bad because it's their thing.

I have great memories the past 14 years, sadly not many of them are Bills related.

Novacane
06-16-2014, 06:51 PM

They've been right for 14 years.

Novacane
06-16-2014, 06:53 PM

You're a little to negative imo but these posts that say you and OP and other negative posters aren't fans are ******ed. That's my pet peeve of this board.

GingerP
06-16-2014, 07:32 PM

I'd agree that TD is a bit over the top, I get he thinks Manuel sucks, it doesn't have to be mentioned every other post.

That said, I can understand how a Bills' fan can be worn out. Since 2000 the Bills are 80-128, a 38% win rate and no playoff appearances. That isn't good.

TacklingDummy
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
You're a little to negative imo but these posts that say you and OP and other negative posters aren't fans are ******ed. That's my pet peeve of this board.
90% of the time I'm negative about the QB position. Am I wrong?

TacklingDummy
06-16-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd agree that TD is a bit over the top, I get he thinks Manuel sucks, it doesn't have to be mentioned every other post.

That said, I can understand how a Bills' fan can be worn out. Since 2000 the Bills are 80-128, a 38% win rate and no playoff appearances. That isn't good.

And mostly because of 1 position.

Historian
06-17-2014, 07:06 AM
I always liked Nassib...

EricStratton
06-17-2014, 07:39 AM
One thing the writer forgot to mention and I hear it all the time living here is all the QB's in camp, Eli included, are struggling right now because the Giants have a new OC and an entirely new system.

EricStratton
06-17-2014, 07:41 AM
But it is the NY Post and they aren't known for getting things right.

better days
06-17-2014, 08:20 AM
90% of the time I'm negative about the QB position. Am I wrong?

Let me check my crystal ball.

Answer: Too soon to tell

swiper
06-17-2014, 12:04 PM

Fred Jackson baby!

WagonCircler
06-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Nassib's own college HC passed on him in the draft.

And the system here is so dumbed down that any QB could learn it (except maybe Vince Young).

better days
06-17-2014, 12:28 PM

I believe TD & OP are absolutely Bills fans.

I also believe there are some people on this board posing as Bills fans that are not Bills fans at all.

trapezeus
06-17-2014, 01:35 PM
i share a more realistic view of the bills than most. but TD tends to rip on the new qb before they've even showed you they suck.

i mean manuel is not a sure thing, but his rookie campaign was more an incomplete than unmitigated disaster. Year 2 is where we will see what his long term trend most likely will be. if he has the same year this year as last, that's probably enough to know that he's not getting better. if he gets better as it rolls on, there will be hope that he could be the one.

to just rag on EJ with 6 games missing and the other 10 fairly pedestrian with 1-2 reallly god awful games and maybe 1 where he was the difference to win, i just don't see how anyone can say he's no good.

i can see how people would interpret that as to bolster the QB depth and get someone else in. and the bills haven't done that. so to that degree, i think the bills are playing with fire. Wanting to see if EJ will pan out, isn't their mistake.

BuffaloWingEater
06-17-2014, 01:51 PM
it seems that the twin dougs (i know buddy was the "gm") were very smart in not falling for the hype on nassib

SpikedLemonade
06-17-2014, 02:01 PM
it seems that the twin dougs (i know buddy was the "gm") were very smart in not falling for the hype on nassib

Whaley probably put his foot down and gave the Syracuse program the disrespect it rightfully deserves.

BuffaloWingEater
06-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Whaley probably put his foot down and gave the Syracuse program the disrespect it rightfully deserves.

what does that mean for marrone and hackett?

SpikedLemonade
06-17-2014, 04:31 PM
what does that mean for marrone and hackett?

Give it a year and a half.