PDA

View Full Version : If Preston Brown gets good & we retain Spikes ongoing past this season

Skooby
06-16-2014, 05:08 PM
If Preston Brown gets good at SLB & we retain Spikes ongoing past this season plus Kiko continues to play well, we might end up having one of the best LB cores in the NFL ongoing. That'd be one of the biggest turn arounds in the NFL & most likely help us the most in improving our defense. I'm actually looking forward to seeing their play this season, knowing that some of our best seasons involved that type of strength at the position. It's been way too long since we had anything close & it's cost us games, I hope for the best.

Go Bills !!

Joe Fo Sho
06-16-2014, 05:28 PM
What happens if EJ gets good and Watkins was worth the trade up? What happens then?!

Skooby
06-16-2014, 05:40 PM
What happens if EJ gets good and Watkins was worth the trade up? What happens then?!

It'd be a positive convergence of events that would raise the odds on us winning games, our offense didn't win every game even during our best times. This would be a pleasant change all around now wouldn't it ?

The Jokeman
06-16-2014, 06:02 PM
It's nice hearing Brown has been impressive but it makes me worry about Keith Rivers.

Skooby
06-16-2014, 06:16 PM
It's nice hearing Brown has been impressive but it makes me worry about Keith Rivers.

We need depth as well, which hasn't been there for a long time at our LB position.

feldspar
06-16-2014, 06:40 PM
This guy really likes our linebackers. He puts them in the "elite" category, along with only the 49ers...for what that's worth. I'm not sure I'd buy all that at this point.

Buffalo Bills

MLB/WLB Kiko Alonso, MLB Brandon Spikes, SLB Manny Lawson, WLB/ILB Nigel Bradham, OLB Ty Powell, MLB/OLB Keith Rivers, MLB Preston Brown

The Bills already had a very nice group of linebackers in 2013 featuring Nigel Bradham, Manny Lawson, and highlighted by Kiko Alonso's Defensive Rookie of the Year performance. Alonso racked up an impressive 159 tackles while adding 11 passes defensed and four picks in his premiere season out of Oregon. Alonso is an instinctive, fast-flowing and aggressive linebacker built in the "new-school" mode which asks for more speed and coverage ability.

Because of this, he will now play on the weakside in base downs his sophomore season with the addition of Brandon Spikes in free agency. Spikes, a fearsome old-school run stopper that has yet to prove he's a three-down player, will likely rotate a little bit with Bradham and Alonso in nickel or third down looks, as both are strong in pass coverage. Alonso in particular

With the selection of Preston Brown in the Draft, Buffalo's linebackers group gets another talent infusion, and with Ty Powell and Keith Rivers for depth, I like the group they've built there.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/30/5742946/best-nfl-linebacker-corps-bills-49ers-kiko-alonso-novorro-bowman

We'll have to wait and see. It'll be interesting to see what Schwartz does with this defense.

BillsImpossible
06-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Spikes turns 27 this September. He's got a lot left in the tank. He hates Bill Belichick, and he knows the entire Patriots defense (and offense) too.

He's going to know exactly what Brady is going to do with the ball. Schwartz will be spending a lot of time with Brandon Spikes in the film room this offseason.

jamze132
06-17-2014, 08:28 AM
If Preston Brown gets good at SLB & we retain Spikes ongoing past this season plus Kiko continues to play well, we might end up having one of the best LB cores in the NFL ongoing. That'd be one of the biggest turn arounds in the NFL & most likely help us the most in improving our defense. I'm actually looking forward to seeing their play this season, knowing that some of our best seasons involved that type of strength at the position. It's been way too long since we had anything close & it's cost us games, I hope for the best.

Go Bills !!

Our defense is going to be decent, plenty good enough for a playoff team, however that all depends on the offense.

better days
06-17-2014, 08:36 AM
I am really looking forward to the HOF preseason game.

Our first glimpse of Sammy & the Schwartz.

BertSquirtgum
06-17-2014, 02:56 PM
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Skooby
06-17-2014, 03:06 PM
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Her cleft A-hole resembles a set of balls.