PDA

View Full Version : Terry Pegula Vs. Donald Trump

BillsImpossible
06-19-2014, 07:53 PM
This is going to get very interesting, very soon.

According to WBEN, the sale of the Buffalo Bills could be finalized this October.

Will it come down to a bidding war, or will it come down to loyalty? Or both?

Jim Kelly has a, "close relationship," with Donald Trump. Multiple media reports have described them as being, "close friends," for years.

But Terry Pegula has a loyalty factor that trumps The Donald, in my humble sports opinion.

Trump has never done a single thing to benefit the city of Buffalo. He's a New York City kind of guy.

Trump isn't a blue and gold, or red white and blue Buffalonian. He has no roots in Buffalo.

I want roots. Terry Pegula has them.

But then comes the business side of me that makes one think twice.

I honestly think that Trump and Pegula want to buy the Buffalo Bills because both of them know how big the real estate opportunity is.

Trump is the better real estate agent simply because of his name. He has more name recognition, and that alone adds, "value," to the future property he might own.

But when it comes down to a genuine sports fan rooting for their team, I'd rather have an owner who's heart is in the game.

Anyone else a little worried about Trump's cozy relationship with Jim Kelly?

BertSquirtgum
06-19-2014, 08:20 PM

No, it isn't.

The Jokeman
06-19-2014, 08:41 PM

According to WBEN, the sale of the Buffalo Bills could be finalized this October.

Will it come down to a bidding war, or will it come down to loyalty? Or both?

Jim Kelly has a, "close relationship," with Donald Trump. Multiple media reports have described them as being, "close friends," for years.

But Terry Pegula has a loyalty factor that trumps The Donald, in my humble sports opinion.

Trump has never done a single thing to benefit the city of Buffalo. He's a New York City kind of guy.

Trump isn't a blue and gold, or red white and blue Buffalonian. He has no roots in Buffalo.

I want roots. Terry Pegula has them.

But then comes the business side of me that makes one think twice.

I honestly think that Trump and Pegula want to buy the Buffalo Bills because both of them know how big the real estate opportunity is.

Trump is the better real estate agent simply because of his name. He has more name recognition, and that alone adds, "value," to the future property he might own.

But when it comes down to a genuine sports fan rooting for their team, I'd rather have an owner who's heart is in the game.

If Pegula has true interest I see no reason why he can't acquire the team unless someone and/or the league tries to sway Wilson's widow another way.

DynaPaul
06-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Trump = All Talk

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Didn't Golisano say if the Bills were in danger of getting moved, he'd step in?

Night Train
06-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Steel cage ? I'm taking TP.

He looks like he could drop The Donald.

trapezeus
06-20-2014, 09:28 AM
trump is a fraud who hasn't worked a day in his life. he's been born into it and uses false bravado to get people to think he knows what he's doing. in the circles of the ultra wealthy, they find him a joke.

pegula is a self made man who is divesting into other interests and hobbies. his start with the sabres hasn't been perfect, but the guy is actually developing hockey roots around his team. he's building rinks and really following through on that hockey heaven idea. his vision is long term.

i'd take him and his family that like football and hockey over a schuckster who loses interest when he messes up.

Trump does not have the money to stand alone on this. and there are people who are bidding that can do it without the drama and on their own. the best package to the NFL is a single owner who has the vision and desire to build up his team.

Trump isn't even in the equation.

YankeeInRaleigh
06-20-2014, 09:36 AM
If trump ever owns this team, my last remaining bit of interest in them will evaporate. F that bloated S-bag.

WagonCircler
06-20-2014, 05:03 PM

Even if there were such a thing (there isn't--this "relationship" between them is totally exaggerated) it would not matter in the least.

This is a billion-dollar-plus business deal with huge political and social impact, far beyond just football.

Terry Pegula is a dream come true for Buffalo fans, politicians, business people and the NFL. He has done everything in his power to improve his franchise and the city it plays in. He is a man of his word.

Donald Trump is a sideshow carny and a troublemaker whose word is worthless.

Turf
06-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Peguffalo, here we come.

better days
06-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Even if there were such a thing (there isn't--this "relationship" between them is totally exaggerated) it would not matter in the least.

This is a billion-dollar-plus business deal with huge political and social impact, far beyond just football.

Terry Pegula is a dream come true for Buffalo fans, politicians, business people and the NFL. He has done everything in his power to improve his franchise and the city it plays in. He is a man of his word.

Donald Trump is a sideshow carny and a troublemaker whose word is worthless.

I don't think their friendship is exaggerated.

Kelly stayed at one of Trumps apartments while undergoing Cancer Treatment in NYC recently.

But I agree, Pegula is the man we want.

sudzy
06-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I think Trump makes this team instantly relevant again. I'd like to hope that his "star" status would allow the Bills to bring in coaches and player that wouldn't have given the Bills a thought before. And that ego wouldn't be happy until this team wins a Super Bowl.

Mace
06-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Steel cage ? I'm taking TP.

He looks like he could drop The Donald.

I'm thinking Pegula being 63, to Trump's 68 weighs in big here. Trump has a few lbs, Pegula has better range. Pegula has maintained a trophy wife, where Trump has traditionally struggled, I look at the hair and see Trump overcompensating for a lack of stamina while I see Pegula comfortable in glasses and his over easy. In the end, I see Trump figuring an easy punch out of a guy in glasses but Pegula knows some fancy schmancy secret yoga martial arts and Trump goes down within two rounds via a painfully cramping lock on his skinny men's hose desk trained calves.

WagonCircler
06-21-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't think their friendship is exaggerated.

Kelly stayed at one of Trumps apartments while undergoing Cancer Treatment in NYC recently.

But I agree, Pegula is the man we want.

I didn't say they weren't friends. But this idea that they have a "relationship" that would give Trump some kind of inside track to buy the Bills is absurd. I know for a fact that Jim has hundreds (literally) of closer friends than Trump. People are acting like Trump is a family member of Jim's (absurd), and even if he was, it wouldn't change a thing in this circumstance.

coastal
06-21-2014, 10:25 PM
I didn't say they weren't friends. But this idea that they have a "relationship" that would give Trump some kind of inside track to buy the Bills is absurd. I know for a fact that Jim has hundreds (literally) of closer friends than Trump. People are acting like Trump is a family member of Jim's (absurd), and even if he was, it wouldn't change a thing in this circumstance.
Just because you ran his failed night club, doesn't mean you know **** about his personal life.

your life experience means S H I T.

:D

WagonCircler
06-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Just because you ran his failed night club, doesn't mean you know **** about his personal life.

your life experience means S H I T.

:D

One of us was Has been to Jim's dad's house in East Brady for dinner. It's not you, *****. One of us is friends with all the Kelly brothers. It's not you, kid toucher. One of us was a coach at Jim's football camp. Not you, Drama Queen. Were you at Jim's wedding, or the small party in his suite at the Hilton right after it? I was. Were you at Jim's bachelor party in Las Vegas? I was.

And I attended dozens (literally) of Jim Kelly's charity events and even more of his parties, all full of celebrities from all walks of lie. No Trump.

Eddie Van Halen, Meat Loaf, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Jack Kemp, Charles Barkley, Chris Berman, Burt Reynolds. I could go on for days. No Trump.

Your knowledge on this subject is ZERO, just like every other cry for attention in your worthless, miserable life.

Hey, watch out when you go outside. I hear Lit is lurking around the corner.

coastal
06-22-2014, 06:42 AM
One of us was Has been to Jim's dad's house in East Brady for dinner. It's not you, *****. One of us is friends with all the Kelly brothers. It's not you, kid toucher. One of us was a coach at Jim's football camp. Not you, Drama Queen. Were you at Jim's wedding, or the small party in his suite at the Hilton right after it? I was. Were you at Jim's bachelor party in Las Vegas? I was.

And I attended dozens (literally) of Jim Kelly's charity events and even more of his parties, all full of celebrities from all walks of lie. No Trump.

Eddie Van Halen, Meat Loaf, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Jack Kemp, Charles Barkley, Chris Berman, Burt Reynolds. I could go on for days. No Trump.

Your knowledge on this subject is ZERO, just like every other cry for attention in your worthless, miserable life.

Hey, watch out when you go outside. I hear Lit is lurking around the corner.
Friends with his brothers? They had to put a buffer between you and him?

lol.

Be sure to take a selfie next time you visit Jim in the hospital.

stuckincincy
06-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Didn't Golisano say if the Bills were in danger of getting moved, he'd step in?

Given the huge penalty that would be extracted per the recent lease signed between the Bills and the County re a move, Golisano is just polishing his knob to getting face time. Nobody is going to buy the club, then pay off the lease terms as well as forking over big $ to other owners for the move.

The only question out there is whether a new owner will field a competitive team, or not, like the previous owner.

I don't understand why posts arise about them moving.