PDA

View Full Version : Every NFL Team's Biggest Disappointment This Offseason

YardRat
06-22-2014, 07:06 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2102860-every-nfl-teams-biggest-disappointment-this-offseason/page/5

Biggest Disappointment: Losing Mike Pettine

The Buffalo Bills had a surprisingly good defense last season under first-year defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, particularly against the pass. They boasted the fourth-best pass defense and second-best pass rush.
They will have to make do with Jim Schwartz going forward, however.
Pettine took what seemed like a toxic head coaching gig with the Cleveland Browns despite appearing to be their fourth choice. He leaves behind an up-and-coming defense under the tutelage of Schwartz, the ousted former Detroit Lions head coach.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-22-2014, 12:46 PM
You're going hard on the Bleacher Report lately

YardRat
06-22-2014, 02:19 PM
You're going hard on the Bleacher Report lately

I usually google the Bills from the news page every morning...they were the ones that came up that looked worth sharing.

Night Train
06-22-2014, 05:33 PM
They failed to mention how every team could run over us with ease and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

The greatness of Pettine is waaaaaaaay overrated.

YardRat
06-22-2014, 07:13 PM
I would have picked Dareus' off season issues if I wrote the article.

Mr. Miyagi
06-23-2014, 10:39 AM
They will have to make do with Jim Schwartz going forward, however.
Make due, not do.

GingerP
06-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Make due, not do.

Nope:

http://grammarist.com/usage/make-do-make-due/

Skooby
06-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Make due, not do.

Doody on that, lol.

YardRat
06-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Damn Canadians have to add a 'u' to everything.

swiper
06-24-2014, 05:34 AM
They failed to mention how every team could run over us with ease and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

The greatness of Pettine is waaaaaaaay overrated.

Agree. But what Pettine brought to Buffalo over the guy before him, it's easy to see why the fans fell in love with the guy. And in his defense, Rome wasn't built in a day. The Bills defense couldn't all be fixed in a single season. Pettine upgraded some of the LB deficiencies with Alonso and Lawson, but was still left with Moats and Bradham. I think they finally fixed the LBs. And I am hoping Schwartz is made to look like a genius by them having done that.

Scumbag College
06-24-2014, 07:36 AM
I would say Ralph dying and leaving the team in flux would be the biggest disappointment of the offseason. Or losing Byrd.