PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to a game in Detroit

northernbillfan
06-24-2014, 09:18 AM
I`m in Ontario for a conference the week of October 6-11. I'm thinking about taking in a game or even two while I'm there. I see the Bills are in Detroit on the 5th and home on the 12th. What's Detroit like for visiting fans?

northernbillfan
06-24-2014, 09:18 AM
FYI, I'm also going to the Denver game this year.

Night Train
06-24-2014, 09:27 AM
FYI, I'm also going to the Denver game this year.

Bring oxygen or weed. They sell both at stadium concessions.

k-oneputt
06-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Went to a baseball game there and Ford field isn't far away. Bars around the stadium but I was on my way to Notre Dame so I didn't hang out long. I wouldn't stray to far away from the stadium area.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Denver has a very good Bills backers group you should get in touch with. The last time I went they put on a very good tailgate.

Forward_Lateral
06-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Ford Field is nice. The fans are idiots. Be prepared to get heckled if you wear Bills gear. They tailgate a bit, which is pretty cool. I might go to the Bills/Lions game myself.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Ford Field is nice. The fans are idiots. Be prepared to get heckled if you wear Bills gear. They tailgate a bit, which is pretty cool. I might go to the Bills/Lions game myself.

A bit

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2013/11/organizers_of_the_booty_lounge.html

DETROIT, MI - Detroit Lions tailgating parties downtown could soon get a lot more livelier and controversial.

Organizer's of The Booty Lounge, a mobile strip club that ceased operations in 2011, claim on a Facebook page it's planning a comeback.

A Nov. 14 post on the BootyLounge Detroit Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/bootylounge?hc_location=timeline) revealing the news:

"GREAT NEWS, LOOK FOR US BACK AT THE LIONS TAILGATES!!! WE WERE THERE DURING THE WORST AND NOW WE WILL BE THERE FOR THEIR BEST! THANK YOU CITY OF DETROIT"

Attempts by MLive to reach organizers to verify the message and plans for a return have been unsuccessful.

mayotm
06-24-2014, 12:02 PM
I went to Detroit the last time the Bills played there. I stopped wearing Bills gear at road games years ago. To me, it's simply no longer worth the aggravation. I'm there to watch the game, not argue with opposing fans all afternoon. I'm not sure about the tailgating scene, but the bars around the stadium open early on game day.

northernbillfan
06-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Thanks all. May go to both the Detroit and the Patsies game.

whkfc
06-26-2014, 07:53 AM
Ford field is one of the coolest stadiums I've ever been to. It's like a hockey arena on steroids. Always wore Bills gear there and the Silverdome. I have buddies that live outside Detroit we've gone to a ton of Lions Bills games. Never ever had an issue