PDA

View Full Version : Pegula’s pursuit of Bills expected to be “aggressive and determined”

WagonCircler
06-24-2014, 12:55 PM
From Buffalo Business First.

Mulitple sources told Eyewitness Sports last week that current Sabres’ owner Terry Pegula and his wife Kim were interested in making a potential bid on the Bills. One source added that if the Pegula’s move forward that the family is expected to be “aggressive and determined” in pursuit of the franchise.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/06/19/sale-of-buffalo-bills-advancing.html

Suck it, coastal.

Novacane
06-24-2014, 12:58 PM
From Buffalo Business First.

Mulitple sources told Eyewitness Sports last week that current Sabres’ owner Terry Pegula and his wife Kim were interested in making a potential bid on the Bills. One source added that if the Pegula’s move forward that the family is expected to be “aggressive and determined” in pursuit of the franchise.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/06/19/sale-of-buffalo-bills-advancing.html

Suck it, coastal.

:posrep:

coastal
06-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Suck it, coastal.go get me a drink bouncer...

http://www.cthockeyhof.org/storage/verbeekarticle_33836_1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1330051663313

Northern Stampede
06-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Just stay in Buffalo......

Skooby
06-24-2014, 01:34 PM
The Clippers were also to be sold north of a Billion $, it ended up double. That's what concerns me.

SpikedLemonade
06-24-2014, 01:55 PM
One source added that if the Pegula’s move forward that the family is expected to be “aggressive and determined” in pursuit of the franchise.

What is this if about?

I thought he was definitely bidding on the team.

Dr. Lecter
06-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Wagon is so cute when he flirts with Coastal.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

justasportsfan
06-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Git er done Peggy!

OLDSRIP
06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
The Clippers were also to be sold north of a Billion $, it ended up double. That's what concerns me.

That price is crazy. Does anyone know why it was so high?

Was that ever publicly talked about by anyone involved?

I can't see it being worth more than a NFL team.

If anyone on Buffalo can get carried away its Pegula.
He seems to have the money. And he does things with his heart.

Its going to be interesting.

Skooby
06-24-2014, 02:40 PM

I can't see a NBA basketball team being worth more than a NFL football team as well. The reason it got so high was because the buyer is one of the wealthiest guys in the world, he's worth 5 times more than Pegula & loves the Clippers. There was several other bidders in the low to mid $1 Billion range as well, so that leads me to believe that the Bills may be worth more than what's expected. Anybody very wealthy that's tied to stocks right now has had a real field day, so one might think there's more than the narrow field we've been presented as obvious. It's not like Morgan is sending out weekly updates as to who is bidding, so the anonymity factor is in place.

Famous Amos
06-24-2014, 03:35 PM

I heard Balmer made a blind bid, not knowing what competing bids were. He basically had the dough to outbid anybody and just to make sure, he way way overpaid for the Clippers.

OLDSRIP
06-25-2014, 06:58 AM
I heard Balmer made a blind bid, not knowing what competing bids were. He basically had the dough to outbid anybody and just to make sure, he way way overpaid for the Clippers.

Thanks MitchM and FAmos.

The blind bid might explain it if he just wanted to make sure he got the team by blowing everyone else away.
But negotiations usually don't use a single closed bid. But most negotiations usually don't have multi billioneers involved either.

Let's just hope the Bills sell at appraised value.

THATHURMANATOR
06-25-2014, 07:54 AM
Thank you Obie Wan Pegula.... Your our only hope..

trapezeus
06-25-2014, 08:57 AM
also, NBA teams can negotiate their own TV deals based on their markets. values of teams differ dramatically because of it. same thing is true for the NHL. Thats why the leafs go for $1BN and the panthers for $150MM.

The NFL doesn't allow teams to get local tv rights. that's why a lot of the teams are all around the same levels. There is a range based on size of town, but they are splitting the same TV revenues.

I would not expect the bills to get to $2BN.

OLDSRIP
06-25-2014, 10:47 AM
also, NBA teams can negotiate their own TV deals based on their markets. values of teams differ dramatically because of it. same thing is true for the NHL. Thats why the leafs go for $1BN and the panthers for $150MM.

The NFL doesn't allow teams to get local tv rights. that's why a lot of the teams are all around the same levels. There is a range based on size of town, but they are splitting the same TV revenues.

I would not expect the bills to get to $2BN.

Thanks,

That makes sense to me.
A small market NBA team would be worth much less. Just like the NHL

Buffalogic
06-25-2014, 10:50 AM
He's determined to win. If anyone else beats him out at this point I would be shocked. He's on a mission.

Mr. Miyagi
06-25-2014, 11:33 AM
go get me a drink bouncer...

http://www.cthockeyhof.org/storage/verbeekarticle_33836_1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1330051663313
I miss the Whalers. :(

WagonCircler
06-25-2014, 12:36 PM

This is where you sack lickers have it all wrong.

Just because you have an unquenchable appetite to fondle each other's balls in your mouths doesn't mean that everyone does. It's limited to you and about 1.5% of the population (I'm not counting lesbians. I can't blame them for what they're into).

coastal
06-25-2014, 04:17 PM
I miss the Whalers. :(
And the Nordiques...

coastal
06-25-2014, 04:19 PM

Just because you have an unquenchable appetite to fondle each other's balls in your mouths doesn't mean that everyone does. It's limited to you and about 1.5% of the population (I'm not counting lesbians. I can't blame them for what they're into).each of us has a line we draw between humor and creeper.

even I realize you're an outlier.

Night Train
06-25-2014, 04:37 PM

So we're open and affirming beyond idiocy ? :up:

swiper
06-25-2014, 04:51 PM

You heard? They have good sources in Angola, eh?

SpikedLemonade
06-25-2014, 08:48 PM

Just because you have an unquenchable appetite to fondle each other's balls in your mouths doesn't mean that everyone does. It's limited to you and about 1.5% of the population (I'm not counting lesbians. I can't blame them for what they're into).

I was just watching Jim Rome's show on Showtime (Episode #306). They had a roundtable discussion about O.J. Simpson's 1994 event. I searched for the name of the Black man in the middle of that discussion panel's name however could not find it. He represents all that Wagon hates.

I think this is just the guy who would love to lick your balls Wagon before he bites them off and spits them out like the little raisins that they are you old bully.

If anyone can find that 5 minute clip and post it here, that may be enough to push our favourite racist bigot over the edge.

I tried to find it however in the end, I am a Christian.

SpikedLemonade
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM
I hope no one freaks out from my post above...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C08LN0spYoQ

Dr. Lecter
06-26-2014, 04:02 AM

That is pretty detailed.

Did you copy it off your latest movie rental?