PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo article on Seantrel

Buffalogic
06-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Pretty good read (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-five-star-recruit-seantrel-henderson-taking-advantage-of-opportunity-in-buffalo-222517510.html).

Says he looked good with the first team and could be a starter. Looks like the bills are doing their part giving this guy every resource possible.

Hopefully with his late selection he can follow a similar career path to Jason Peters. Peter's was undrafted, so he's got a little head start. Rooting for the guy.

The Jokeman
06-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Pretty good read (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-five-star-recruit-seantrel-henderson-taking-advantage-of-opportunity-in-buffalo-222517510.html).

Says he looked good with the first team and could be a starter. Looks like the bills are doing their part giving this guy every resource possible.

Hopefully with his late selection he can follow a similar career path to Jason Peters. Peter's was undrafted, so he's got a little head start. Rooting for the guy.

Is Henderson starting worth it over losing Cordy Glenn in two years?

Buffalogic
06-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Is Henderson starting worth it over losing Cordy Glenn in two years?Why do you think those two things are mutually exclusive?

Yasgur's Farm
06-24-2014, 05:51 PM
inclusive

BillsImpossible
06-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Didn't the Bills start Cordy Glenn at left guard recently?

BillsImpossible
06-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Henderson possibly starting and moving Glenn to guard?

Where does that leave Chris Williams, and Chris Hairston?

Are Doug Legursky, Kraig Urbik, and Eric Pears all on the outside looking in?

IlluminatusUIUC
06-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Didn't the Bills start Cordy Glenn at left guard recently?

Just in practice.

I'd be very happy if we pulled out two legit tackles out of this draft, but I think its extremely premature to start talking about Henderson taking Glenn's spot.

YardRat
06-24-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm rooting for him also.

Skooby
06-24-2014, 08:31 PM
I read this earlier today, basically Henderson didn't read the playbook before & didn't take things too serious. That's all changed in the NFL for him.

JoeMama
06-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Guys like Seantrel Henderson rarely change.

He's an amazing talent but he'll probably **** it all up off the field.

I give him about a 5% chance of panning out.

Which is about par for the course for a 7th rounder. So it's a risk worth taking.

swiper
06-25-2014, 05:07 AM
Henderson possibly starting and moving Glenn to guard?

Where does that leave Chris Williams, and Chris Hairston?

Are Doug Legursky, Kraig Urbik, and Eric Pears all on the outside looking in?

It's OTAs. As all you loopheads remind anyone remotely pointing out EJ Manuel's deficiencies about that. In OTAs and camp o-linemen always get juggled around to find the best starting combination. You'll probably know where the final line will end up around the second-to-last or last pre-season game.

Saratoga Slim
06-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Is Henderson starting worth it over losing Cordy Glenn in two years?

If what you're saying is that Cordy is going to want to be paid as a LT when his contract comes up in two years, then yes, it's possible that starting Seantrel at LT could mean we lose Cordy.

But this scenario assumes that Seantrell CAN replace a very capable Cordy at LT, and if that happens, that means Seantrell is good. On that assumption, my thoughts are:

a) that's two years from now. Throw in a franchise tag, and it's three. That's three years of "Good Enough to Replace Cordy" Seantrell/Cordy Glenn/Wood on the left side of the line. Three years is eternity as far as the NFL is concerned.

b) If we have two starting-caliber LTs at the end of the season and one isn't happy about not starting at LT, it's trade ammunition that might get us back into the first round next year

c) RT is becoming as important as LT. Cyrus is not exactly a lock to nail down RT. Three years from now, who knows, we could have Seantrel at LT and Cordy at RT, and have to pay them both

I see no downside here to options.

stuckincincy
06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
:goodpost:

ublinkwescore
06-26-2014, 08:10 AM
I really think the Bills have just built a Ravens superbowl type team... ej don't have to pass more than 20 times a game, we hand it off to cj fredex, and Brown, and let our d give us frequently good field position I think our Oline will be noticeably better this season

- - - Updated - - -

I really think the Bills have just built a Ravens superbowl type team... ej don't have to pass more than 20 times a game, we hand it off to cj fredex, and Brown, and let our d give us frequently good field position I think our Oline will be noticeably better this season

Bill Cody
06-26-2014, 10:18 AM
I really think the Bills have just built a Ravens superbowl type team...

Based on what? That Seantrel Henderson has managed not to light a blunt in a couple weeks?

The Jokeman
06-26-2014, 10:41 AM
If what you're saying is that Cordy is going to want to be paid as a LT when his contract comes up in two years, then yes, it's possible that starting Seantrel at LT could mean we lose Cordy.

But this scenario assumes that Seantrell CAN replace a very capable Cordy at LT, and if that happens, that means Seantrell is good. On that assumption, my thoughts are:

a) that's two years from now. Throw in a franchise tag, and it's three. That's three years of "Good Enough to Replace Cordy" Seantrell/Cordy Glenn/Wood on the left side of the line. Three years is eternity as far as the NFL is concerned.

b) If we have two starting-caliber LTs at the end of the season and one isn't happy about not starting at LT, it's trade ammunition that might get us back into the first round next year

c) RT is becoming as important as LT. Cyrus is not exactly a lock to nail down RT. Three years from now, who knows, we could have Seantrel at LT and Cordy at RT, and have to pay them both

I see no downside here to options.

I was just trying to say that everyone loves a great story and if Henderson can clean up his act and be a great LT then he's a great story. Yet why are we in such a rush to replace Glenn? As I'll admit I wasn't a Glenn fan when we first drafted him but he's shown to be a pretty good LT in his two years here, so not sure I'd be so quick to want to move him aside just because we have a new guy here.