PDA

View Full Version : Trump Says He is Only Bidder who would keep Bills in Western New York

Woodman
06-25-2014, 12:14 PM
ALBANY – Donald Trump said on Twitter he is “the only potential bidder” for the Buffalo Bills who will not let the team move from Western New York.
Trump made the proclamation in between other tweets he has sent out about his hotel properties, his hair and today’s political primary races.
“I am the only potential owner of the @buffalobills who will keep the team in Buffalo, where it belongs!” Trump wrote (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump).
Trump, whose senior adviser last week confirmed that he was among those potential bidders getting a nondisclosure agreement to sign in order to get a look at the Bills’ financial picture, did not offer any other commentary or proof of why he is “the only” would-be owner who will not move the team.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/trump-says-he-is-only-bidder-who-would-keep-bills-in-western-new-york-20140624?two-bills-drive

So is anybody in the Donald's corner?

Bill Cody
06-25-2014, 12:23 PM
douche bag

TacklingDummy
06-25-2014, 12:36 PM
I'd be fine with Trump as owner.

THATHURMANATOR
06-25-2014, 12:44 PM
This guy is totally full of ****.

THRILLHO
06-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Come on Trump, this isn't a political campaign, no need for mud slinging here. In fact, we don't even get a say in who takes over, so why come out with this message?

PromoTheRobot
06-25-2014, 01:53 PM

Until you find out he's taking the team elsewhere or selling them to L.A. interests because Buffalo isn't "classy" enough for the Trump brand.

ParanoidAndroid
06-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Is he going to try to run for governor?

Night Train
06-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Is he going to try to run for governor?

His hair piece has a better chance.

He's all about headlines and of little substance.

PromoTheRobot
06-25-2014, 03:47 PM
His hair piece has a better chance.

He's all about headlines and of little substance.

Which is why he's running his yap when he allegedly signed a non-disclosure agreement.

ICRockets
06-25-2014, 03:51 PM
I could see it being technically true, if he's seen everyone else's plans for a new stadium. Perhaps the other prospective owners are looking into building in Niagara Falls? It'd still be disingenuous of him to say what he said, but there does exist the possibility that he's not being entirely untruthful.

YardRat
06-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I could see it being technically true, if he's seen everyone else's plans for a new stadium. Perhaps the other prospective owners are looking into building in Niagara Falls? It'd still be disingenuous of him to say what he said, but there does exist the possibility that he's not being entirely untruthful.

Well then, technically, he can't keep the team in Buffalo because they actually are in Orchard Park.

I would consider Niagara Falls WNY, and that's all people are planning on...staying in the region.

I would also be very surprised if Pegula's plans included NF, or anywhere other than real close proximity to downtown and the FNC.

ICRockets
06-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Well then, technically, he can't keep the team in Buffalo because they actually are in Orchard Park.

I would consider Niagara Falls WNY, and that's all people are planning on...staying in the region.

I would also be very surprised if Pegula's plans included NF, or anywhere other than real close proximity to downtown and the FNC.

Yeah, I agree about Pegula, but I could see him potentially wanting to do what he's doing to downtown Buffalo in another key city in the region as well. The odds are probably pretty good that Trump just wants to be in the public eye and felt this was the best way to say something salacious enough to get press.

YardRat
06-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I agree about Pegula, but I could see him potentially wanting to do what he's doing to downtown Buffalo in another key city in the region as well. The odds are probably pretty good that Trump just wants to be in the public eye and felt this was the best way to say something salacious enough to get press.

Could be...he certainly has options for development in both. I agree with the Trump comment...I really feel he's just milking this for the press, and if he does manage to even get to the bidding stage will underbid to give himself an out.

DynaPaul
06-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Trump is grasping at straws now because he knows the big money men have stepped in and will leave him in the dust. Did you see Cuomo's comments regarding Trump's twitter proclamation? He pretty much laughed at the notion without directly saying it.

When Cuomo was asked whether Trump is a serious bidder, he said: “I don’t want to characterize what I think of him. But I didn’t see his tweet. Let’s put it that way.”

kishoph
06-29-2014, 09:58 AM
I would bet on Pegula or Golisano keeping them in WNY before Trump.

trapezeus
06-30-2014, 07:29 AM
why would he know of the intentions of other bidders?

pegula owns the hockey team. i would suspect as good business he wouldn't sell the team or it would kill his other asset which is his passion. So....yeah, the donald is talking out his ass to try and appeal to the lowest common denominator. you know, his current MO

Fletch
06-30-2014, 09:22 AM

I'm fine with any owner that won't settle for mediocrity and that won't give average players enormous contracts on a regular basis. Only an owner that won't settle for losing will do that, I think that some will play off of Wilson's hand by telling giving us a long sob story about how we can't have a winning team if we want a team in the region and the other associated BS that goes along with it.

I don't think that Trump would settle for a losing team year in and year out. I could be dead wrong, but he strikes me as the type of owner that would care about winning.

I'm not sure I get that same feeling re: Pegula or Golisano. What they're like personally is irrelevant, it's whether or not they would tolerate a loser.

I'm for any owner that will come in here, fire the lot in the front office, at least the personnel people, including Overdorf, Brandon, Littman, who aren't exactly personnel guys, but also Whaley, Majeski, and a lot of the other dead wood that's been stenching up the joint for a while, and find some people that know what they're doing and know how to find value in free agency and in the Draft instead of people that are well versed in sales pitches that make the worst players look like future hall of famers until proven otherwise.

If that's Trump, then so be it.

Fletch
06-30-2014, 09:25 AM
I would bet on Pegula or Golisano keeping them in WNY before Trump.

I'm still waiting for the candidate that isn't talking about waterfront stadiums, or domed stadiums, or downtown rejuvination, or other nonsense, but one that talks about how Bills fans have suffered long enough and how we deserve a winner and how they're going to put the staff in place to make the team a winner.

If we're going to get 20 more years of losing, it may as well be in another city. I don't care about losing and don't support losing, especially when the reason for it is idiocy and negligence.

I WANT A WINNER!

Fletch
06-30-2014, 09:27 AM
By the way, if a candidate to buy the team emerges that talks first and foremost about turning this team into a winner, just watch the fan support back him.

kishoph
06-30-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm still waiting for the candidate that isn't talking about waterfront stadiums, or domed stadiums, or downtown rejuvination, or other nonsense, but one that talks about how Bills fans have suffered long enough and how we deserve a winner and how they're going to put the staff in place to make the team a winner.

If we're going to get 20 more years of losing, it may as well be in another city. I don't care about losing and don't support losing, especially when the reason for it is idiocy and negligence.

I WANT A WINNER!

I loved the 90's with what seemed to be the Bills winning all the time, but in the last 20 years my Love or loyalty for the team has not faded one bit, it probably has gotten stronger since I am no longer raising children and have more time to devote to football and also with the emergence of the internet which allows me more access to the team. As a proud Buffalonian, the last thing I want is this city to lose the Bills, even "if we're going to get 20 more years of losing". The team means more to me than wins or losses, as it's been in my home city my whole life and I will remain loyal to it as long as it remains here in Buffalo.

notacon
07-02-2014, 10:10 AM
If anyone believes that Trump would not sell the team, or move it, at the FISRT opportunity to make a financial killing is a moron.

I would not trust this guy with anything.