PDA

View Full Version : Schwartz stands to get another HC if the defense does very well

Skooby
06-25-2014, 06:17 PM
It might be another one and done for our DC if Schwartz does very well, he has the talent & other teams will recognize he did get the Lions to the playoffs as a HC. I can actually see this as a stepping stone for him, getting a team with all our defensive players making the top 100.

BillsImpossible
06-25-2014, 06:29 PM
If Donnie Henderson's secondary performs just as good or better than last year, he'll be the new DC after learning all of Pettine's tricks and how to use the Schwartz.

Skooby
06-25-2014, 06:41 PM
If Donnie Henderson's secondary performs just as good or better than last year, he'll be the new DC after learning all of Pettine's tricks and how to use the Schwartz.

May the Schwartz be with him.

BillsImpossible
06-25-2014, 07:06 PM
The Bills secondary unit played great last year. 4th ranked pass defense in the league, without Stephon Gilmore for 25% of the season and a club on his hand for another 25%, no Jairus Byrd for 5 games, an injured Leodis McKelvin, a 5'7 rookie in Nickell Robey, and Jim Leonhard playing safety.

Homegrown
06-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Best chance in 2015 for new head man is Detroit b/c Lions have Jim Caldwell as Head Coach....maybe Schwartz can get a HC gig there next year

better days
06-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Yeah, sure Schwartz will get a HC job next year.

Just like Gregg Williams did after the Bills fired him.

better days
06-25-2014, 07:21 PM
I am more concerned that Pepper Johnson or Donnie Henderson leave to become DC's than I am about Schwartz getting a HC job.

BillsImpossible
06-25-2014, 07:28 PM
There might be a huge difference between Pettine and Schwartz's situation.

Schwartz's defense could be the first Bills defense to make the playoffs in 15 years.

If that is the case, he'll get a nice bonus from the new owner to stay.

Schwartz has more money than most people could ever dream of.

He doesn't have a Super Bowl ring on his finger, and I don't think his wife and kids want to move again.

BillsImpossible
06-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Best chance in 2015 for new head man is Detroit b/c Lions have Jim Caldwell as Head Coach....maybe Schwartz can get a HC gig there next year

The Ford's just fired him bro.

Skooby
06-25-2014, 07:41 PM

The least likely scenario IMO.

justasportsfan
06-25-2014, 08:09 PM
If the D does very well ,we make playoffs and should Schwartz leave for a HC job ,don't you think that Marrone would have proven himself to have an eye for good DC's? Other than Skoobs creating another crappy thread, No worrirs

Ginger Vitis
06-25-2014, 10:13 PM
getting a team with all our defensive players making the top 100.

Hmm I don't think every bills defensive player made the Top 100 I believe only 4 did

Mace
06-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Last time Schwartz coordinated a defense was 2008, I hope it's a stepping stone for him. Looking at the Lions roster, well, took some work to do that badly. Besides general Buffalo optimism I don't really see much reason to get excited about him. He has pedigree ! So did Wannstedt, wasn't his fault the game moved on and lost him entirely. I'll be impressed by Schwartz when he impresses me. Has a ways to go yet until they start playing games. Detroit can have him back now if they want though they don't. Takes a lot to be terrible and get kicked out of Detroit. He managed it with that roster. Nuff said.

Turf
06-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Thread desperation. Where does it end?

Skooby
06-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Hmm I don't think every bills defensive player made the Top 100 I believe only 4 did

We have a few edge players that might make half our defense nearly in the top 100, in an offense based league. Factor in 31 other teams and do the math, we should be good.

YardRat
06-26-2014, 05:46 AM
If the team ****s the bed this year and doesn't make the playoffs, his next HC gig may be right here in Buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
06-26-2014, 05:48 AM
No he doesn't.

jills
06-26-2014, 09:26 AM
The Bills secondary unit played great last year. 4th ranked pass defense in the league, without Stephon Gilmore for 25% of the season and a club on his hand for another 25%, no Jairus Byrd for 5 games, an injured Leodis McKelvin, a 5'7 rookie in Nickell Robey, and Jim Leonhard playing safety.

I think the 28th ranked rushing defense may have something to do with it.

The Jokeman
06-26-2014, 10:44 AM

Pepper Johnson might also want a stab at it, as he referenced part of the reason he left New England was for better a chance at better opportunities.

Ginger Vitis
06-26-2014, 11:55 AM
We have a few edge players that might make half our defense nearly in the top 100,

Manny Lawson and Jerry Hughes are nowhere close to making the Top 100.. The most likeliest defender who has never cracked the Top 100 but could get on that list next offseason is Stephon Gilmore

swiper
06-26-2014, 11:59 AM
It might be another one and done for our DC if Schwartz does very well, he has the talent & other teams will recognize he did get the Lions to the playoffs as a HC. I can actually see this as a stepping stone for him, getting a team with all our defensive players making the top 100.

Yeah. Maybe he gets the Bills HC job.

swiper
06-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Thread desperation. Where does it end?

Sadly, it doesn't.

The King
06-26-2014, 12:30 PM

I disagree I think Pepper Johnson was brought in to be the heir.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Manny Lawson and Jerry Hughes are nowhere close to making the Top 100.. The most likeliest defender who has never cracked the Top 100 but could get on that list next offseason is Stephon Gilmore

Gilmore was close but unfortunately he steped back in his 2nd year.

I see Alonzo has a better chance if he steps up from his rookie year and makes pro ball thsi coming season.

alnilla
06-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Your threads should be approved by a Moderator before being posted to the board.

Ginger Vitis
06-26-2014, 10:16 PM

I see Alonzo has a better chance if he steps up from his rookie year and makes pro ball thsi coming season.

Alonzo already made the Top 100 I think he came in @84

better days
06-27-2014, 07:38 AM

Gilmore did not really take a step back last year.

He was INJURED.

stuckincincy
06-27-2014, 11:11 AM
I think the 28th ranked rushing defense may have something to do with it.

Don't rock the "Love Boat." :attn: