• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Schwartz stands to get another HC if the defense does very well

It might be another one and done for our DC if Schwartz does very well, he has the talent & other teams will recognize he did get the Lions to the playoffs as a HC. I can actually see this as a stepping stone for him, getting a team with all our defensive players making the top 100.
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: Schwartz stands to get another HC if the defense does very well

If Donnie Henderson's secondary performs just as good or better than last year, he'll be the new DC after learning all of Pettine's tricks and how to use the Schwartz.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
      If Donnie Henderson's secondary performs just as good or better than last year, he'll be the new DC after learning all of Pettine's tricks and how to use the Schwartz.
      May the Schwartz be with him.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

The Bills secondary unit played great last year. 4th ranked pass defense in the league, without Stephon Gilmore for 25% of the season and a club on his hand for another 25%, no Jairus Byrd for 5 games, an injured Leodis McKelvin, a 5'7 rookie in Nickell Robey, and Jim Leonhard playing safety.

Comment

• Homegrown
          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
          • Jul 2008

Best chance in 2015 for new head man is Detroit b/c Lions have Jim Caldwell as Head Coach....maybe Schwartz can get a HC gig there next year

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Yeah, sure Schwartz will get a HC job next year.

Just like Gregg Williams did after the Bills fired him.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

I am more concerned that Pepper Johnson or Donnie Henderson leave to become DC's than I am about Schwartz getting a HC job.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

There might be a huge difference between Pettine and Schwartz's situation.

Schwartz's defense could be the first Bills defense to make the playoffs in 15 years.

If that is the case, he'll get a nice bonus from the new owner to stay.

Schwartz has more money than most people could ever dream of.

He doesn't have a Super Bowl ring on his finger, and I don't think his wife and kids want to move again.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                  Best chance in 2015 for new head man is Detroit b/c Lions have Jim Caldwell as Head Coach....maybe Schwartz can get a HC gig there next year
                  The Ford's just fired him bro.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                    The least likely scenario IMO.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

If the D does very well ,we make playoffs and should Schwartz leave for a HC job ,don't you think that Marrone would have proven himself to have an eye for good DC's? Other than Skoobs creating another crappy thread, No worrirs
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        getting a team with all our defensive players making the top 100.
                        Hmm I don't think every bills defensive player made the Top 100 I believe only 4 did

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Last time Schwartz coordinated a defense was 2008, I hope it's a stepping stone for him. Looking at the Lions roster, well, took some work to do that badly. Besides general Buffalo optimism I don't really see much reason to get excited about him. He has pedigree ! So did Wannstedt, wasn't his fault the game moved on and lost him entirely. I'll be impressed by Schwartz when he impresses me. Has a ways to go yet until they start playing games. Detroit can have him back now if they want though they don't. Takes a lot to be terrible and get kicked out of Detroit. He managed it with that roster. Nuff said.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Thread desperation. Where does it end?
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              Hmm I don't think every bills defensive player made the Top 100 I believe only 4 did
                              We have a few edge players that might make half our defense nearly in the top 100, in an offense based league. Factor in 31 other teams and do the math, we should be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X