PDA

View Full Version : File To The Means Little File...

DraftBoy
06-26-2014, 06:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000361951/article/sammy-watkins-ej-manuel-still-developing-rapport?campaign=Twitter_atl

The "Around The League Podcast" has spent the past month debating which wide receiver will lead the Buffalo Bills in production this season.

Sammy Watkins has the higher draft pedigree, but Robert Woods currently enjoys a better rapport with quarterback EJ Manuel.

In an interview that will air on Thursday evening's edition of NFL Total Access, Watkins acknowledged to NFL Media's Alex Flanagan that his connection with Manuel remains a work in progress.

"It's not fully there. I mean, we've been connecting at minicamp, and OTAs," Watkins said. "But at the same time, I could be wide open, and if he don't feel it, or if I run it a different type of way, he won't throw the ball.

So why post it? Because it's the offseason and I'm bored waiting for the NBA Draft to start.

justasportsfan
06-26-2014, 06:16 PM
If receivers have to be wide open before EJ pulls the trigger just Like last season, I'll be screaming for Tuel time. What's the use of drafting players who can fight for the ball if the qb doesn't have the balls to throw it when they are in single coverage.

DraftBoy
06-26-2014, 06:20 PM
If receivers have to be wide open before EJ pulls the trigger just Like last season, I'll be screaming for Tuel time. What's the use of drafting players who can fight for the ball if the qb doesn't have the balls to throw it when they are in single coverage.

Let's wait to see the growth before we start screaming about the Tuel time.

Night Train
06-26-2014, 06:23 PM
I think Jabari Parker can catch 80....wait..

DraftBoy
06-26-2014, 06:26 PM
I think Jabari Parker can catch 80....wait..

Showed up overweight to his workout with Cleveland.

better days
06-26-2014, 06:58 PM
I said it before, IF EJ can deliver the ball, Sammy will help the Bills reach the playoffs.

Mace
06-26-2014, 07:03 PM
I just have this feeling it's going to be Scott Chandler again.

Fletch
06-26-2014, 07:20 PM

We could be waiting a while.

YardRat
06-26-2014, 07:20 PM
If I were to guess right now, and assuming neither gets injured, Watkins will have more catches and YAC, but Woods will have more yards and TD's.

Dr. Lecter
06-26-2014, 07:27 PM
The idea that anybody would scream for Tuel time is a depressing message to the intelligence of the board

Thurmal
06-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Translation: "I'm open a lot, and this guy doesn't have the tools to get the ball there."

YardRat
06-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Wide receivers are always open...on every play...just ask any of them.

Novacane
06-26-2014, 08:15 PM
EJ only looks to one side of the field

jimmifli
06-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Wide receivers are always open...on every play...just ask any of them.
Any of the good ones! A WR that doesn't think he'll win every battle for the ball is a ****ing pussy.

Night Train
06-27-2014, 04:03 AM
Showed up overweight to his workout with Cleveland.

yeah but Pettine will make him a star with Johnny Football throwing to him. :up:

trapezeus
06-27-2014, 07:31 AM
In June its fine that this might be the case, but by August/September, both these guys hvae to realize that the other one is there to help their career. EJ can't throw only to Watkins and EJ can't make a habit of not trusting his best receiving option.

both seem like really level headed guys and i'm not worried that they aren't working on better rapport and workingknowledge of the other, but it does kind of stink that they don't have that immediate connection out the gate.

justasportsfan
06-27-2014, 07:35 AM

I'm not screaming yet.

Dr. Lecter
06-27-2014, 07:37 AM
I'm not screaming yet.

You scream like a little girl at least once a day. Don't lie.

justasportsfan
06-27-2014, 07:39 AM
The idea that anybody would scream for Tuel time is a depressing message to the intelligence of the board

Like I said, "IF" , whoever doesn't scream for Tuel Time should Ej continue to play like a bad version of Trent must love losing. I'll take someone who at least plays to win even if he sucks trying.

justasportsfan
06-27-2014, 07:44 AM
You scream like a little girl at least once a day. Don't lie.

Who lit the fuse in your tampon today?

Dr. Lecter
06-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Who lit the fuse in your tampon today?

Don't force me to be the one who makes you cry. It is not like I have not done it before.......

feldspar
06-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Watkins said. "But at the same time, I could be wide open, and if he don't feel it, or if I run it a different type of way, he won't throw the ball.

I think this was a big reason why we traded Stevie.

stuckincincy
06-27-2014, 11:06 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000361951/article/sammy-watkins-ej-manuel-still-developing-rapport?campaign=Twitter_atl

So why post it? Because it's the offseason and I'm bored waiting for the NBA Draft to start.

That's a good reason. Anything's better than the "Redskin Rash" we are currently suffering from :kid:

Buckets
06-27-2014, 12:24 PM
EJ only looks to one side of the field

I was about to say something similar. Does he actually see the whole field or does he lock in a specific target. Could be a real problem.