PDA

View Full Version : Sam Reinhart

coastal
06-27-2014, 07:57 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DLcpdDME0e8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So... he's got a really interesting game. It doesn't quite translate over into what Buffalo fans may be into. I think Bennett would have been the in your face guy Buffalo fans gravitate to, but Reinhart quite possibly could be a very unique talent.

Here's my question as of now... where's the spot to continue to help him develop? Assuming its on the big club, what current wingers do you put with him?

SpikedLemonade
06-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Send him back for the 1st year.

Dr. Lecter
06-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Give him 9 games and then send him back.

But with the talent here, I see no reason to not keep him here to give him a small taste

Maybe put him with Foligno and ????

Mace
06-27-2014, 08:15 PM
The game is past me now. You used to get a Perreault, and know he needed a Martin and a Robert. You wouldn't try and fix him up with a Luce, Ramsey or Spencer, convert centers to wings, wings to centers and have a Perreault on the checking line at wing with two other centers, say Stanfield and Luce and make them all play defense to kill penalties.

I can't tell who plays with anyone anymore, whoever isn't obvious to maximize whatever anyone else is doing.

Reinhart, John Scott and Cory Hodgson, with Scott at Center sounds about right nowadays. Reinhart shoots right so put him on the wrong side to amaze everyone with strategy.

coastal
06-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Give him 9 games and then send him back.

But with the talent here, I see no reason to not keep him here to give him a small taste

Maybe put him with Foligno and ????If you have to put him on the big club... I'd focus on teaching him the defensive zone.

Put him as center of 3rd or 4th line with Larson and Flynn on the wings, and get him in the killing penalties rotation.

But yes... agree with spiked and send him back for another year.

DetDannyWilliams
06-27-2014, 09:00 PM
<iframe src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=626662&site=sabres" frameborder="0" width="640" height="395"></iframe>

He does know CoHo and Myers

snow1989
06-27-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't agree with automatically sending him back anywhere.

Get the kid in camp, play him and see if he is 'ready' - minus the usual rookie mistakes which are expected.

If he is ready....play him...supposedly Reinhart, Bennet, Ekbland and Draisaitl ARE NHL ready, Get him in there, get him seasoned and live with the growing pains...

Ginger Vitis
06-27-2014, 10:55 PM
At some point Grigorenko should be moved to wing and paired with Reinhart.. A elite passing centermen like Reinhart should be able to make a goal scorer out of Grigs.

BuffaloRedleg
06-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Is he that much worse of a prospect than MacKinnon? We're already talking about sending him down and him not being able to compete at the NHL level yet?

Night Train
06-28-2014, 05:25 AM
He'll grow before the Sabres eyes this summer and they'll have enough of a body of work to slot him correctly, come the fall. Liked his highlight films a lot. Great hands and the TSN boys said he's the smartest guy on the ice with his vision and anticipation.

Murray did his homework and picked his guy but we're still 2 years away from even thinking .500 hockey and the roster still needs to be adjusted substantially. He's one piece and still need many more. Let Murray do his work.

Ginger Vitis
06-28-2014, 06:14 AM
Is he that much worse of a prospect than MacKinnon? We're already talking about sending him down and him not being able to compete at the NHL level yet?

Mackinnon is the better prospect.. Reinhart can play at the NHL level right now perhaps some posters on this board don't want him to be apart of the upcoming trainwreck

gebobs
06-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Or diverting us from the wreck we need to get McDavid.

Mace
06-28-2014, 10:18 PM
He'll grow before the Sabres eyes this summer and they'll have enough of a body of work to slot him correctly, come the fall. Liked his highlight films a lot. Great hands and the TSN boys said he's the smartest guy on the ice with his vision and anticipation.

Murray did his homework and picked his guy but we're still 2 years away from even thinking .500 hockey and the roster still needs to be adjusted substantially. He's one piece and still need many more. Let Murray do his work.

I really do like the pick, this could be a killer team in a year or two.

tampabay25690
06-29-2014, 05:58 AM
I really do like the pick, this could be a killer team in a year or two.

In 2-3 years everyone is going to like this team!

JATMtheJATM
06-29-2014, 11:25 PM
At some point Grigorenko should be moved to wing and paired with Reinhart.. A elite passing centermen like Reinhart should be able to make a goal scorer out of Grigs.

isnt that the book on grigo too? a very gifted passer?