• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Brendan Lemieux

Love this pick... a Ted Nolan type of player. I also love that our first two picks were bred for this game by father's that played in the NHL.

2014 NHL Draft Profile #37: Brendan Lemieux. A scouting report and profile of Brendan Lemieux of the Barrie Colts a prospect for the 2014 NHL Draft.

n terms of comparison, this one is obvious. As I’ve already stated, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and the stylistic comparisons between Brendan Lemieux and his father Claude Lemieux are very easy to make, though that is a style comparison and not a talent one. In terms of potential, if he reaches his ceiling, Brendan Lemieux can be a top six winger with an agitating side in the NHL.

• mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Brendan Lemieux

Originally posted by coastal View Post
    Love this pick... a Ted Nolan type of player. I also love that our first two picks were bred for this game by father's that played in the NHL.

2014 NHL Draft Profile #37: Brendan Lemieux. A scouting report and profile of Brendan Lemieux of the Barrie Colts a prospect for the 2014 NHL Draft.

n terms of comparison, this one is obvious. As I’ve already stated, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and the stylistic comparisons between Brendan Lemieux and his father Claude Lemieux are very easy to make, though that is a style comparison and not a talent one. In terms of potential, if he reaches his ceiling, Brendan Lemieux can be a top six winger with an agitating side in the NHL.

Well all his dad did was win stanley cups so you can hope the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

I hope the apple seeds the ground.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

This kid is surrounded by hockey...

Heading back to the hotel Friday night, Lemieux was encouraged by family friends, including Jeremy Roenick and Dale Hawerchuk. Then there was the note of encouragement sent via text from Wayne Gretzky to Lemieux’s dad, former NHLer Claude Lemieux, about how the Great One overcome doubters when he was coming up.

...more...

how about a checking line of Zemgus centering for Lemieux and Foligno? bad to the ass.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

His anger over when he got picked reminds me of Thurman.

Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

Drafting a Lemieux, instant +15% Stats Buff
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Lemieux is entitled to be angry but 90% of the scouting services and experts had him going in the 2nd Round

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Besides his father, bringing Ott back would be a perfect veteran to learn from.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                  Besides his father, bringing Ott back would be a perfect veteran to learn from.
                  You would not have like my call to Sal today.

I want nothing to do with Ott. His time is done. He is not a very good player. He will likely get over paid for too many years. Let the young guys take over. The Sabres already have too many 3rd and 4th line guys.

The Sabres need to move on.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Sal is talking hockey?

lolz

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                      You would not have like my call to Sal today.

I want nothing to do with Ott. His time is done. He is not a very good player. He will likely get over paid for too many years. Let the young guys take over. The Sabres already have too many 3rd and 4th line guys.

The Sabres need to move on.
                      That's all well and good if we are going to be a last place team anyway, but the Sabres will need two things.

1. They need to get to the salary floor. A bunch of young players will not get them there, they will need to pay some veterans to get there. And you need veterans with character and leadership who will teach the kids correctly. I believe Ott would do that.

2. The Sabres will need to do something to placate the fans. They are going to suck and they just raised ticket prices. A good way to get the fans on your side is to bring a player in that the fans will love. You gotta admit, fans loved Ott.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

I like the pick too. But tons of sons of famous players are coming out now. When one of them turns out to be Brett Hull quality, let me know. Otherwise pedigree has shown to deliver nothing. At least in recent years. Hopefully Lemieux will break that trend.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          I like the pick too. But tons of sons of famous players are coming out now. When one of them turns out to be Brett Hull quality, let me know. Otherwise pedigree has shown to deliver nothing. At least in recent years. Hopefully Lemieux will break that trend.
                          pedigree means nothing?

tell that to the Foligno's and Reinhart's of the world.

i also see things first hand down here with John Tucker's kid, St. Louis's kid, Norm Beaudin's grand kid, etc.

football... the Manning's... cough.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

pedigree means nothing?

tell that to the Foligno's and Reinhart's of the world.

i also see things first hand down here with John Tucker's kid, St. Louis's kid, Norm Beaudin's grand kid, etc.

football... the Manning's... cough.
                            I knew that post would fire up coastal. But I'm right. You're wrong. Again. When one of the Foligno's becomes as good or better than their father then get back to me.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              I knew that post would fire up coastal. But I'm right. You're wrong. Again. When one of the Foligno's becomes as good or better than their father then get back to me.
                              Yeah, I also agree. Pedigree helps in that the father knows how to bring the kid up with what to expect, but it doesn't necessarily mean their kids will be very good NHL talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X