• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticatfan
    The Meathead of Muslims!
    • Jul 2002

Anthony Allen

The Saskatchewan Roughriders, it seems, have very quickly answered their questions at running back.

Newcomer Anthony Allen rushed for one touchdown and hauled in another as he racked up 158 yards on the ground in a 31-10 Saskatchewan Roughriders win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at a rainy Mosiac Stadium Sunday night.

The Georgia Tech product, who became the Riders starting tailback had big shoes to fill in this one, taking over for last year’s Grey Cup MVP Kory Sheets who left in the off-season to join the Oakland Raiders.

This guy was on the bills roster and he was let go and he is now filling in the spot left by cory sheets who signed with oakland. Now I get ripped with my CFL stuff (which is fine) But it makes yoU wonder about the bills brain trust when they can never seem to build a winning team. LOL
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Anthony Allen

Originally posted by ticatfan View Post
    The Saskatchewan Roughriders, it seems, have very quickly answered their questions at running back.

Newcomer Anthony Allen rushed for one touchdown and hauled in another as he racked up 158 yards on the ground in a 31-10 Saskatchewan Roughriders win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at a rainy Mosiac Stadium Sunday night.

The Georgia Tech product, who became the Riders starting tailback had big shoes to fill in this one, taking over for last year’s Grey Cup MVP Kory Sheets who left in the off-season to join the Oakland Raiders.

This guy was on the bills roster and he was let go and he is now filling in the spot left by cory sheets who signed with oakland. Now I get ripped with my CFL stuff (which is fine) But it makes yoU wonder about the bills brain trust when they can never seem to build a winning team. LOL
    Well, I really don't know anything about the CFL today living in Fla, so a couple questions.

How good/bad is the TiCats defense? Judging by those numbers, the Ti Cats run defense appears to be about as good as the Bills run defense was last year.

Where do you expect the TiCats to finish the season? Playing for the Grey Cup or sitting home watching on TV?

And if Anthony Allen is such a great back, why did no other NFL sign him?

Just maybe the TiCats run defense made a mediocre RB look much better than he really is. Much like the Bills run defense did last year.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Of all the problems the Bills have had, running back has not been one of them
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I don't mind the CFL at all but what does this have to do with the Bills brain trust?

If anything it proves the lower level talent of the CFL.

The guy couldn't even sniff the field for the terrible Bills. Now he is starring in the CFL....

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Now that we actually have access to the games, I can start watching. Based on the 3 games I've seen so far, you're pretty much right. There are a coupel of OL that I was relatively impressed with, but everything else looks like mid-level college talent.
          Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
          I don't mind the CFL at all but what does this have to do with the Bills brain trust?

If anything it proves the lower level talent of the CFL.

The guy couldn't even sniff the field for the terrible Bills. Now he is starring in the CFL....

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

This post is garbage. No offense ticatfan, I have nothing against CFL and im sure its fun to watch, but we have 4 legit NFL RB's on our roster - whats your point?

Comment

• ticatfan
              The Meathead of Muslims!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
              Well, I really don't know anything about the CFL today living in Fla, so a couple questions.

How good/bad is the TiCats defense? Judging by those numbers, the Ti Cats run defense appears to be about as good as the Bills run defense was last year.

Where do you expect the TiCats to finish the season? Playing for the Grey Cup or sitting home watching on TV?

And if Anthony Allen is such a great back, why did no other NFL sign him?

Just maybe the TiCats run defense made a mediocre RB look much better than he really is. Much like the Bills run defense did last year.
              What did the bills see in him to give sign him to a 1.2? m contract. That is what caught my eye.
              Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
              Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• ticatfan
                The Meathead of Muslims!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                Now that we actually have access to the games, I can start watching. Based on the 3 games I've seen so far, you're pretty much right. There are a coupel of OL that I was relatively impressed with, but everything else looks like mid-level college talent.
                Same as the 1st games in the NFL, not to many look good. But it is the east where the CFL sucks, not the west. Sabres, bills, leafs, jays. raptors ,ticats ,is there something in the water.
                Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Lets track other leagues for players positions we need, RB is probably the most lined out thing we have going for us.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

What did the bills see in him to give sign him to a 1.2? m contract. That is what caught my eye.
                    I doubt there was much if any guaranteed money in that contract.

$1.2 Mill is peanuts in todays NFL.

The Bills offered him a shot.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I have never even heard of this guy before.

When was he on our roster?

Comment

• GingerP
                        • Aug 2012

I'm not sure where you get the $1.2M number from. The Bills signed him to a futures contract, which is the NFL minimum for a 3rd year player ($570K). He didn't make the team and was cut.

Before that, Baltimore drafted him in the 7th round and cut him after 2 seasons. Do they get criticized for not recognizing his talent as well?

Allen is like a lot of guys, he has a shot and didn't do enough to make a team. His career NFL totals are 19 carries for 69 yards (3.6 ypc). Maybe he will be a late bloomer, maybe going to the CFL and playing will help him develop as a player. Good for him, he won't be the first guy. Hard to criticize the Bills or anyone else for him not being in the NFL. He had his shot.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                          • Dec 2008

I think CJ or Fred should be cut so we can bring Allen back

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

the bills brain trust
                            This proves you're a loon.

Happy Canada ( Dominion ) Day tomorrow.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Wow! This is amazing!!!!!! And fascinating!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see what he could do against St. Joe's or Kenmore East! I'll bet he'd go for a good 90 yards! Maybe even 95!

Comment

Working...
                              X