PDA

View Full Version : Steve Ott

tampabay25690
06-30-2014, 05:10 PM
FYI
Don't be surprised if Ott isn't a Sabre right away tomorrow!!

Skooby
06-30-2014, 05:17 PM
This would be a good thing.

casdhf
06-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Hopefully we can sign Molson too

Dr. Lecter
06-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Ugh.
Unless it is two years 6 million or less, I will rage.

tampabay25690
06-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Ugh.
Unless it is two years 6 million or less, I will rage.

Less then that I would think.
Bringing him for that locker room leadership..
He luved B LO
Moulson definitely in play.

DetDannyWilliams
06-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Murray said he’s looking for veterans who are willing to be mentors to the younger players in the organization. He cited former Sabres captain Steve Ott (http://sabres.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8468505) as an example of that type of player. Murray has been in contact with Ott’s agent as well as the agent of Matt Moulson (http://sabres.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8470852)among other unnamed players.
“Matt Moulson (http://sabres.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8470852) is a possibility. But one conversation doesn’t mean that they’re coming here for sure,” Murray said. “It’s just, ‘Hey it’s so-and-so. Steve liked his time there. Matt liked his time there, whatever the case may be.’

“But we might be 20th on their list. But there has been a conversation with those guys as there has been with many other guys.”

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=30338&navid=DL|BUF|home

OpIv37
06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
FYI
Don't be surprised if Ott isn't a Sabre right away tomorrow!!

I've been saying that since he got traded.

casdhf
06-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Maybe we can trade him at the deadline again

Skooby
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Maybe a first rounder, wouldn't that be cruel & unusual ?

tampabay25690
06-30-2014, 07:27 PM

This will be the BIG problem for the Sabres...
Free agents know that from this past year.... Most will ask for a no trade clause in the contract...
This is an issue going into tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been saying that since he got traded.

Yes indeed

gebobs
06-30-2014, 07:32 PM
This will be the BIG problem for the Sabres...
Free agents know that from this past year.... Most will ask for a no trade clause in the contract...

A no-trade clause from the Sabres?

That's like turning down a plea bargain with parole for 5-10 without. :-)

tampabay25690
06-30-2014, 07:48 PM
A no-trade clause from the Sabres?

That's like turning down a plea bargain with parole for 5-10 without. :-)

Players will be hesitate with the way the Sabres handled last year!

gebobs
06-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Players will be hesitate with the way the Sabres handled last year!

I don't get it. They can sign with us and sleepwalk through the season then get traded to a team with a shot at the playoffs. I can see why you would want no-trade assurances from a decent team, but Buffalo? I would want it in my contract that they will shop me to a playoff team.

I honestly don't understand why a guy like Ott would want to come here otherwise. He only has a few seasons left. Best not waste them fine tuning your short game in April.

Mace
06-30-2014, 10:07 PM
I don't get it. They can sign with us and sleepwalk through the season then get traded to a team with a shot at the playoffs. I can see why you would want no-trade assurances from a decent team, but Buffalo? I would want it in my contract that they will shop me to a playoff team.

I honestly don't understand why a guy like Ott would want to come here otherwise. He only has a few seasons left. Best not waste them fine tuning your short game in April.

Other thing too is that older players will have a chance to catch on with what may prove to be an up and coming organization for their post playing careers, or at the least, an organization with ties to where they came from or extending/firming up their contacts.

It would be good to see Gionta, Orpik, Ott, and Moulson working with the kids I think, and I'd be delighted if we pulled them in. Gionta and Orpik have the obvious local ties, but if Ott and/or Moulson do, it tells you they like the place and see some benefit to being a part of something after having been around a while ala James Patrick and Numminen even if the results were dubious. I think the one obvious thing from last seasons end moves is that Buffalo will give players a shot if someone with a shot wants them, and if not, well money and opportunity might be good enough.

OpIv37
06-30-2014, 10:16 PM
I just have a feeling that Ott is coming back for 3 years at $4 mil a pop.

JATMtheJATM
07-01-2014, 12:00 AM
id love ott back. that would be a great vet to lead the kids again.

tampabay25690
07-01-2014, 05:45 AM
I just have a feeling that Ott is coming back for 3 years at $4 mil a pop.

My guess is 3 miller I don't think it will be 4 plus..
But then again you never know

SkateZilla
07-01-2014, 10:01 AM

They cant sign with us and sleep walk and get traded, because buffalo would trade for picks, which wont work because they have to stay above the cap floor,

You sign a bunch of vets at 3-5 mill each to get to the cap floor then trade them all away for picks and bring up guys on 900K entry level deals, you're no longer above the cap floor.

tampabay25690
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Not looking good right now!!!
Gionta yesterday was not huge in the plan and Ott was pretty much done!!
Sabres are playing hardball now..

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Hamilton just said Ott is not in their plans. as of now