PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Have to Reach The Cap Floor

Night Train
07-01-2014, 04:20 AM
So crapping on any Vet they sign is just venting to a brick wall

They will pay some vet players willing to come here some $$. That's the way the system is set up right now.

Can't blame Murray, who trying to raise the Titanic from the ocean floor... The upside is the farm system of youth that's 2-3 years away as a group. Who doesn't know that.

casdhf
07-01-2014, 06:02 AM
Time to extend Drew Stafford!

tampabay25690
07-01-2014, 06:55 AM
I think you may see some young guys get long term deals. Remember Ennis, and Foligno need to get locked up.

trapezeus
07-01-2014, 07:40 AM
ennis and foligno as bridge deals? or long term contracts like meyers? i'm torn on that.

the FA vet dance will be interesting. on one hand they hvae to get to the cap, but they can't get too much talent lest they ruin their desire for mcdavid. Sooooo, at the end, we all want them to sign some deals that get them to the floor and don't handcuff them like erhoff would have.

I would love to see them bring in a handful of vets to maybe get to the playoffs this year, but i also really want to finish what they already started. last year was sooo painful watching them. it was after the deadline that it was bareable because you knew they had no hope.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Ennis just had his bridge deal. He will probably get something longer term'

Foligno is in line for a bridge deal

Night Train
07-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Time to extend Drew Stafford!

Touche. The skating definition of the term " floater " .