Toronto's NFL dreams basically crushed. (and Bon Jovi still sucks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Toronto's NFL dreams basically crushed. (and Bon Jovi still sucks)

This is a fantastic article. Sorry to disappoint those of you openly rooting for the Bills to move (and by that I mean, piss off and die).

Edward Rogers III will not lead a second Toronto bid group aiming to buy the Buffalo Bills, QMI Agency has learned.

And the one Toronto group there is apparently has begun to get out the message that it will not -- repeat, not -- relocate the team from Western New York.

Quite the news day....

Perhaps, as some are speculating in Western New York and QMI Agency is now hearing too, each bidder as part of the process will be asked to explain its long-term plan for making the team prosper in Western New York.

In which case, if true, Bon Jovi, Tanenbaum and their group of co-investors could not possibly bid on the team by reiterating their original, long-held intention -- one revealed publicly in November by MLSE president and CEO Tim Leiweke in a Toronto Star interview -- to buy the Bills and move them to Canada's most populous city....

...If this indeed is the new course of Toronto's one and only Buffalo Bills bid group, it's like I've been saying all along.

The Bills aren't leaving Western New York this decade, and probably for a lot longer than that. Even to Toronto.

For those counting at home, that's two doomed Bills-in-Toronto ventures to die an overdue death this year.
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: Toronto's NFL dreams basically crushed. (and Bon Jovi still sucks)

Hopefully this will end the "Toronto Bills" rumors that have been around for what seems to be the past two decades.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

This is really nothing new. Anyone intent on moving the team would have to give lip service to staying, there's no other way to keep the fans. But bald faced lying is how billionaire's get to be billionaire's. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
        This is really nothing new. Anyone intent on moving the team would have to give lip service to staying, there's no other way to keep the fans. But bald faced lying is how billionaire's get to be billionaire's. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
        Agreed. Until Pegula or Golisano buys the Bills, they are in play to move.

I don't believe for one second a Toronto group would buy the Bills with the intent to keep them in Buffalo.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Rodgers pulling out? That's new. Jaworski saying that the Maple Leaf group won't move the team? That's a new quote, lying or not, and the quote about any prospective bidder having to detail their future plans for the franchise? Also new.

So, um, this is really almost 100% new.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

But the good news is there is only one Toronto group left in play to buy the Bills.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              Rodgers pulling out? That's new. Jaworski saying that the Maple Leaf group won't move the team? That's a new quote, lying or not, and the quote about any prospective bidder having to detail their future plans for the franchise? Also new.

Yeah, new news as regards Rodgers being out.

But I don't believe Jaws about Bon Jovi & the Toronto group keeping the Bills in Buffalo if they buy them.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                Yeah, new news as regards Rodgers being out.

But I don't believe Jaws about Bon Jovi & the Toronto group keeping the Bills in Buffalo if they buy them.
                I don't believe them either, but it's still new information that sheds light on the process. It indicates that the odds are even more stacked against those who would move the team than we've known about.

To say this is old news or "nothing new" is pure douchebaggery.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

I don't consider the Rodgers thing really new because he was never definitely in, just a bunch of speculation as there always is with a bunch of likely candidates to bid.
                  The prospective bidder requirement part? That would be new if it was fact but as of now it's still just rumor and/or speculation. I hope it's the case but I honestly doubt it. That kind of requirement will depress the sales price. We'll see.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

I don't consider the Rodgers thing really new because he was never definitely in, just a bunch of speculation as there always is with a bunch of likely candidates to bid.
                    The prospective bidder requirement part? That would be new if it was fact but as of now it's still just rumor and/or speculation. I hope it's the case but I honestly doubt it. That kind of requirement will depress the sales price. We'll see.
                    Whatever. I know you have a ******* quota, so, enjoy that.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Positive direction!!

Screw Tonto.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

The Bills were never going to move to Toronto in the next decade for a variety of reasons.

The next decade or two is about the Buffalo area proving they deserve a NFL franchise by paying the average NFL price for tickets (including PSLs and corporate suites) while tailgating is squeezed onsite.

I hope it succeeds.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          The Bills were never going to move to Toronto in the next decade for a variety of reasons.

The next decade or two is about the Buffalo area proving they deserve a NFL franchise by paying the average NFL price for tickets (including PSLs and corporate suites) while tailgating is squeezed onsite.

I hope it succeeds.
                          The Bills were never going to move in the next decade?

So you say now.

For a LONG TIME, I argued that the Bills were not moving, but had to argue with idiots that said the Bills were moving to LA or Toronto as soon as Ralph died.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            The Bills were never going to move in the next decade?

So you say now.

For a LONG TIME, I argued that the Bills were not moving, but had to argue with idiots that said the Bills were moving to LA or Toronto as soon as Ralph died.
                            1. The Bills may still move
                            2. Even if the Bills don't end up moving, it doesn't mean that it was never a possibility.

At this point, the Bills moving seems like it's less likely of a possibility than it was a short time ago, but it's still a possibility and no one knows what will happen. The reality is that anyone who claims the Bills are definitely moving or that the Bills are definitely staying is an idiot because there is no way of knowing for sure.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Nope. You're wrong. It's over for the Canadians on here secretly wishing the Bills move.

Comment

Working...
                              X